Engine conversion w124

Jun 26, 2016
I currently have a Mercedes w124 e220. It's inactive due to so many problems collected along the years. I'm trying to find a good workshop to do engine conversion. Planning to fit a 1jz in it as I heard it's powerful and easier to maintain compared to rb25. Will have to consideregister changing the brakes too. Suspension has been changed, currently using bilstein absorbers and eibach springs.

So i'm looking for a good workshop that converts engines and does a beautiful job. Need advise.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Give Lim a shout at Primus Auto Car Service Centre. They're in 13, Jalan Kuchai Maju 6, Kuchai Entrepreneurs Park, 58200 Kuala Lumpur

He does 1JZs in BMWs, I don't think a Merc would be a problem.

C99D-MMC5537

Known Member
Jan 9, 2008
Just want to share with u 1 important info regarding transplaning w124 engine with 1/2jz @ rb20/25 engine.
If u choose Rb engine, u need to use the RB rear axle too to ensure the overall ratio is ngam with the engine power. This will involve a lot modification which require a very skillful mechanic to do it. Overall Merc gear ratio number are higher (than nissan) therefore the final drive (rearaxle) using a smaller ratio number (like 3.2 @ 3.4) to compesate the gearbox high ratio number.

But if u choose 1/2JZ engine, u still can using the Merc rear axle since the toyota gearbox high ratio number quite match with the Merc rear axle.

Rb gearbox × merc axle = a very low overall ratio which will make the 1st gear feels almost like 3rd gear. Dont believe to some moron out there who always think a lower ratio mean lower rpm = fuel saving. To low overall ratio will make your RB running in boost even while cruising at 120kmh on highway.

RB gearbox × RB axle = perfect.

JZ gearbox × merc axle = ngam

P/s: overall ratio = gear ratio × final ratio. (This "overall ratio" is my own term and may be wrong since i not sure the correct term :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:)

kayour

Known Member
Apr 5, 2006
how about dealing with puspakom/jpj
easy or...so so??

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

an Affair with the wild horse

It has been quite some time since we had time to update our post

when my buddy asked us to guve a good good bath to his horse

Upon seeing the ride

came with much dirt

need a good good bath...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience