New diluted 991 GT3 RS gets manual and 500hp – nicknamed the 911 R!

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
PDK is a manual right? And yes I want a manual. With or without clutch!
Well, technically there is a clutch. Just that you are not able to fully operate it manually, lol.. But I know that in the latest 911 GT3, you can click two paddles at once to disengage the clutch for you to rev freely, lol.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Well, technically there is a clutch. Just that you are not able to fully operate it manually, lol.. But I know that in the latest 911 GT3, you can click two paddles at once to disengage the clutch for you to rev freely, lol.
What I meant about the clutch - sometime ago Porsche made a 911 that had h-gated manual gears but didn't have a clutch pedal. The driver would change gears by lifting off then the gear could be slotted in. It made spirited driving quite difficult.

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
What I meant about the clutch - sometime ago Porsche made a 911 that had h-gated manual gears but didn't have a clutch pedal. The driver would change gears by lifting off then the gear could be slotted in. It made spirited driving quite difficult.
I've always wondered if it'll be possible for manufacturers to produce self shifting boxes like the PDK or DSG where there's a clutch pedal and a H pattern shift console just so drivers could opt to go into either modes. The additional clutch pedal would act like a manual override.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I've always wondered if it'll be possible for manufacturers to produce self shifting boxes like the PDK or DSG where there's a clutch pedal and a H pattern shift console just so drivers could opt to go into either modes. The additional clutch pedal would act like a manual override.
I wonder if that's possible. The PDK super fast changing probably has some sort of mechanism that preps the next gear and switches over or something. If manual, wouldn't that be a separate system altogether?

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
I wonder if that's possible. The PDK super fast changing probably has some sort of mechanism that preps the next gear and switches over or something. If manual, wouldn't that be a separate system altogether?
I was thinking something like an E-clutch that behaves like a conventional clutch when in operation and manual overrides the dual clutches in the box. Even the Shift console would be a E-6speed. Think of it like manually controlling the dual clutch box

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
That would be awesome! :love:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello guys/sifus, newbie here.

Recently my car kena JPJ inspection and they found out the engine serial number looks 'funny', now they're sending my car to the Chemistry Department to check if the original number is grinded away (like the CSI series where they try to find out the handgun serial number). I bought the car second hand, a GTI with 4G93T. Cam cover is GTI one & the engine block is GTI also (comparing the grant engine number & engine number, which is the same). JPJ said the font...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience