Need to continue pay fren car

Norns

Known Member
Sep 23, 2006
Hi all,

Well, im thinking to buy a car from my friend which he still have about rm15k(3 years left) with bank. i've tried to asked bank but they cant transfer name unless the loan is been settled all.

So, in this case, is there any idea to transfer car for continue payment ? the most important thing is change car name only :confused_smile:

Any ideas or opinion from u guys are welcome :_:

P/S Dont ask why i dont apply new loan lol, tried already but very troublesome due to background ... like family prob n guarantor lol . That why now thinking for a short way :regular_smile:

satriaSssEeeZzz

Known Member
May 12, 2005
K.L/Cyberjaya
if u trust your friend, then just continue pay monthly... due to your background which can't get loan.... just my 7 cents...

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
well there is many risk for both side.

shld u do anything "wrong" such as crime stuff with the car, ur fren will kena. same, if 1 day they owner do use the car to borrow money frm personal loaner and unable to pay, they will come and collect "your" car. not to mentioned if 1 day shld ur fren wanna play "busuk", he can anytime come and collect back his car LEGALLY as the car ownership was still him. so think twice. whn money comes, there is no fren

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
Damn true, dont talk about "fren" .. sometimes even relatives or family members when come to talking about money, shit will arise... sux right

devious17

Nov 18, 2003
Kay Ell
Norns said:
P/S Dont ask why i dont apply new loan lol, tried already but very troublesome due to background ... like family prob n guarantor lol . That why now thinking for a short way :regular_smile:
Dont add to your 'family prob n guarantor' ............. you will make it worse. Get the problem resolved and then own a car otherwise you would be in deeper shit than 'family prob n guarantor '

Norns

Known Member
Sep 23, 2006
Thx for all replies.

Hmm, is there anyway that a bank can settle the transfer ownership if fren still got 3 years left other than paying him personally ... ?

how if the market value of the car is equally with the his loan amount for 3 years ?

ramsink

Known Member
Apr 12, 2004
Visit site
Norns said:
Thx for all replies.

Hmm, is there anyway that a bank can settle the transfer ownership if fren still got 3 years left other than paying him personally ... ?

how if the market value of the car is equally with the his loan amount for 3 years ?
Can, some banks allow it. You can add your name into the current agreement & you got 50% share in it.
You can't remove your fren's name until the loan is fully settled.

siangmh

Known Member
Jul 29, 2006
normality78 said:
well there is many risk for both side.

shld u do anything "wrong" such as crime stuff with the car, ur fren will kena. same, if 1 day they owner do use the car to borrow money frm personal loaner and unable to pay, they will come and collect "your" car. not to mentioned if 1 day shld ur fren wanna play "busuk", he can anytime come and collect back his car LEGALLY as the car ownership was still him. so think twice. whn money comes, there is no fren
Totally agreed with bro normality78, these are really good points !! good advise. Please listen to him :shades_smile:

Be patient bro, please take note : uncertain things like this if turn bad, could bring u really deep shi*. So be cool.

IMO: sort out the originating factor 1st, or try other means....bcos sooner or later in ur life, u will also need good credit to take on loan, be it study loan, car loan or house loan etc.........of course, not that i underestimate that u might embark on cash buy, but, if u can do so, this thread wouldn't be an issue to u at d 1st place, right?

Norns

Known Member
Sep 23, 2006
Yea, i also personally dont really plan to sambung bayar using my fren name ... quite risky. Im thinking to see if got anyway to settle with bank to change name if the loan on seller side not settled yet .

Err, mr ramsink, the service is avaiable in which bank ah ? best if they could change name 100% directly lol.

let say if i wanna lawyer do agreement to sambung bayar, that would be the best i think. but how much we should pay lawyer ah ?

dome zero

Known Member
Jun 14, 2006
u means do some agreement btw u n ur fren? bttr dun lo, if got any finance problem, thn? bring it to court? the car olso pull bk.

however i prefer setter e laon 1st, juz 15k.

Norns

Known Member
Sep 23, 2006
im tired of lookin for guarantor. very frusrated bcos of this as well.

im lookin for any alternate way to change name. if really no then i'll just make agreement ba .... anyone here familar with this ? can share with me for more info as im new to this all ._.

Ingolstadt

500 RPM
Dec 26, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
www.evomalaysia.com
It depends on the lawyer, if you are able to make a thorough contract, without having any sort of loopholes (if the lawyer really pays attention on the details) then its a safe bet, to have the car's name transffered to you when you've finished off the installments. The agreement must also state that during this period, your friend should not take back the car, even though legally, the car is under his name.

In short, any miscellaneous stuffs canbe signed in a contract drafted by a lawyer, provided the lawyer is experienced enough and pays a great deal of attention to all the details. But are you willing to pay RM2-4k for these sort of agreements? Provided the lawyer is a friend lar, but i dont think ay of them are willing to do such troublesome stuffs. To play it safe, dont hand the money to your friend, pay directly to the bank. :)

Remember, every legal contract can be altered, that's why there's lawyers and thats why we have courts, to settle disputes leaved out by contracts.

Norns

Known Member
Sep 23, 2006
wah ... u mean the lawyer would charge so much about rm2~4k ... really surprise me lolx ....~
i thought just few hundreds still okie for me T_T

From my case, my fren paid 2 years loan adi, 3 years unpaid. Can he re-paid back the 2 years then change name adi ? i heard my fren say his fren mention sumthin similar

meaning if he paid back the amount he settled(2years), then the name can be change adi. but when i talk this kinda thing to bank, they keep say no such thing.
I really dunno issit bcos they dunno or they just didnt find it out exactly

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
bro, getting laywer to draft an agreement is not RM1 or RM2 bucks thing. anytime can easily cost from 2k-3k onwards depending. time consuming as well. lawyer is not fun to engage. alittle bit thing, they charge u here and there.

lets say after he draft an agreement, thn u find section 2.1A or 3A not rite and wanna ammend, dun be suprise u will need to pay ANOTHER 2k-3k onwards to re-draft.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear all sifu, my mechanic quote me RM520 for the 1.3 to 1.6 clutch, i suppose it is taken from the wira, i'm not sure new or secondhand, izzit worth to change ?? i'm driving stock satria. He say this will increase my pick up, is it true ? is RM500 worth for this modification or i better use it on other thing ??
Thanks for help
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience