Need suggestion to buy Persona SE and Alza

carneo

Nov 10, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
i heard alza's engine is same with toyota vios's engine. if that true, the engine must be quite economical and have enough power. spare part also easily to find.
but it was not like Toyota car that come with VVT-i, sure the performance different. It is same like the model of computer are same but proccesor is different.

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

id prefer Alza...its more reliable though...
how bout exora?
I like the space for Exora, but the size is too big for my usage.

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

y condamn proton....
support msia ma......wat car u using?
I'm currently Nissan sentra B13, when i purchase it was second hand also.

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
how about MyVi? You can consider it as well as the performance wise is not bad too. DOHC engine, maintenance wise it will be cheap as well.

carneo

Nov 10, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
how about MyVi? You can consider it as well as the performance wise is not bad too. DOHC engine, maintenance wise it will be cheap as well.
The reasons is my sis already have MYvi think to get other type of car, my sis always complaint the manual MYVI very high FC, i guest maybe her driving style causing the high FC, because commonly lady drive car in low rpm and in low gear but i really not that happy with Myvi connering performance, the manual gear shif not in place is common problem for Perodua since Kancil, it is difficult to shift in Reverse and 1st gear possition, my sis has been driving MYVi for 1 year plus still not use to it, the car sit size sims like too small for me i can't comfortble to rest my hand while driving, the manual gear knob place too low and far i need to get allitle bit up from the sit while shifting gear.

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
1.5 engine for MPV might face under power.
if family members are less than 5, prefer persona as better handling fun.
Small CC engine will face the High FC when full load and high speed long distance travel.

Zidane

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
i'm a proud owner of a proton wira, proton savvy, proton persona and a perodua viva.

So far, i have never had any BIG issues with any of the cars. It is only the mechanic that you send to. The mechanic i sent my proton to received best service centre 2002 award (something like that). And they have been very professional about it.

Check out youtube and the English review on the Persona is that it is a relaxed car. Something that a family man wants to buy. They really praise the car for that market.

There are unreliable cars such as Alfa 156 and the Volvo s40 (both 1st when they came out) and had tons of problems and expensive to maintain. No one ever condemned these cars. Check out those who bought 2nd hand Audi A4 1997 and compare their maintenance bills to proton.

When i first sat in Alza, the leg space was limited. It felt like the proton Juara. To me the concept is for short distance only. Not for long distance. I have never test drove the Alza so i don't know the performance. But if you have many kids, more than 3, then it is the one for you.

Persona is the the fastest acceleration car. But it is not the slowest acceleration car. If your family is maximum 5 people and / or you have tendency to go long distance, then choose this one.

Zidane

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
i'm 170 cm weighing 75kg.

Maybe i prefer bigger , spacious leg room.

It sims like you are a tall guy.....

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrpllymliT8

Check this out on the persona

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello peoples,
I'm quite confused whether AWD conversion is legal in Malaysia or not. I'm planning to do one but I've read that any modification to the drivetrain is illegal but I'm not quite sure to what extend. I don't want my first car to kena tarik and get sent to the scrap yard by JPJ. Any experienced sifu can give advise??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience