Need opinion on convert. Volvo 240 (1984)

tembun

Jan 16, 2006
Need some guidance to convert my Volvo 240

Which to choose Toyota 1jz AT or Nissan RB25 det AT?

Some of my friends said better go for Nissan coz spare parts cheaper,
but some recommend the Toyota coz of its power.

On half cut price, which is more expensive?

Which is easy to maintain, 1j or Rb25?

Some said that even the water pump of the 1j is already expensive. Is it true??

Really confused. Hoping members at ZTh can help me b4 I convert my Volvo.

Thanx. Hope to hear from the Sifus in this area.

fardell83

Known Member
Nov 8, 2005
IMHO, go for the Volvo 740 Turbo engine lar bro....easy to maintain, no need to cut and paste here and there, just plug and play....no headache lar...

fardell83

Known Member
Nov 8, 2005
tembun, dun be blindfolded that by swapping into japs engine will solve all the problems of ur car, lots of work need to be done bro, where else, if u use the same engine, i.e Volvo 740 Turbo less work to be done, just some wiring stuffs, brake upgrading from the cut and so forth.....plus the engine is still identical to urs....2.3 liter inline 4...plus u got 16 valve some more...Twin Cam engine...

fardell83

Known Member
Nov 8, 2005
[youtube]plsYyKK7oSI[/youtube]

gizmoz82

Known Member
Jan 13, 2006
tembun, dun be blindfolded that by swapping into japs engine will solve all the problems of ur car, lots of work need to be done bro, where else, if u use the same engine, i.e Volvo 740 Turbo less work to be done, just some wiring stuffs, brake upgrading from the cut and so forth.....plus the engine is still identical to urs....2.3 liter inline 4...plus u got 16 valve some more...Twin Cam engine...
so how bout the mounting?any one here owned volvo 240 already converted....

fardell83

Known Member
Nov 8, 2005
well got one, who used this engine into his 240 estate...just a matter of plug and play, but cannot recall where is it.....but just a small wiring stuff..

orangebmw

Known Member
Sep 11, 2005
PERLIS
go for 740/940 turbo engine...if u wanna more power...go for 960engine and plug in turbo...just like my project on my 740turbo...but not started yet...hehe...
mr fardell...long time no see...i just got ori bbs rs rims for my e30 but in 14"..huhu...ori for e30..made in germany..not japang...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

How to Install A Start Button - YouTube

watch it in youtube guys, this is some interesting videos by mighty car mods.:wavey:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience