Need help..pre amp connection!

shay

Known Member
Sep 6, 2005
miri
Helo there,anyone can help me on how to connect the pre-amp.need some advise..
tq bro.

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
bro, u have to be more clear else no one knows how to help u. Pre-amp wat? Pre-amp EQ, pre-amp crossover, etc....

Also does ur HU has got pre-amp outputs (RCA Head) or u planning to tap from the High outputs?

shay

Known Member
Sep 6, 2005
miri
opss forgot to mention it. Now i got 1 amp 4-channel that is to power up the woofer.(12") Im planning to install pre-amp Eq to it.They say if i wanna connect speaker to the amp, i need to have a pre-amp eq.Still new with this ICE thing.tq.

Spoon DC5 II

Known Member
May 21, 2005
Bedok
actually u dun need a pre-amp for just a woofer
waste of money

shay

Known Member
Sep 6, 2005
miri
Spoon DC5 II said:
actually u dun need a pre-amp for just a woofer
waste of money
meaning? how to connect the speaker to power amp then? most ppl say u need pre-amp to make it function.use to control the speaker tone.

cacin

1,000 RPM
Mar 9, 2005
Penang
Visit site
What amp are you using? If the amp has a built in subwoofer low pass filter, you don't need anything else. If it does not comes with one, does your HU has a LPF/HPF built in? Or does your HU has a SUB out. What HU are you using?
If your HU has a sub out (like some sony HU), you just use RCA to connect the AMP to the HU then the woofer to the amp.
Please provide model of HU you are using and also the amp so that forumers can provide better advise.

Spoon DC5 II

Known Member
May 21, 2005
Bedok
shay said:
meaning? how to connect the speaker to power amp then? most ppl say u need pre-amp to make it function.use to control the speaker tone.
just connect direct from HU->amp->woofer
use ur LPF and the freq adjuster to control the sound :dancing2: :dancing2: :albertein :albertein

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
maybe his HU got no RCA out, use speaker out to pre-amp and then RCA out to amp........

shay

Known Member
Sep 6, 2005
miri
im using Sony HU.Let me make it clear.Now my HU is already connected to the amp >> woofer.The amp is 4-channel amp.im planning to connect my speaker to the amp.But to do that,ppl say need a pre amp to control the speaker tune.the problem now,how do i connect the speaker to the amp? and also the pre-amp? is it a must?
tq.. :tee:

cacin

1,000 RPM
Mar 9, 2005
Penang
Visit site
can you tell us the amp model you are using?

If I understand you correctly, you have already connected a woofer to your amp.

Now you want to connect you speaker.

Your amp, is it able to separate HPF/LPF to the different 4 channels?

shay

Known Member
Sep 6, 2005
miri
tq cacin

you're rite.the Hu is already connected to the woofer.
Want do you mean by the HPF/LPF? i not so sure about it.
mine amp are from ZO brand.same goes to the woofer. do you need the amp pic?i can try get the pic for u.
thanks a lot for the help bro.

cacin

1,000 RPM
Mar 9, 2005
Penang
Visit site
Hi,

It would help a lot if you can provide model of your HU as well. The pic of the amp would also help. But, better if you can provide weblink to the product/s. That way, I can look at the spec first.

Some amps come with built in HPF/LPF. This way, you can set CH1/2 to HPF and CH3/4 to LPF. So, CH 1/2 can be connected to your speakers while CH3/4 are connected to your woofers.

By the way, who did the woofer/amp installation for you? This guy should know what to do. But, in general, you might not need a pre-amp (yet).

shay

Known Member
Sep 6, 2005
miri
hi cacin,

my HU=sony x-plod Model CDX-R3300
Amp = ZO model ZO-2004

i just wanna diy the pre-amp.hehe
any email address? i would like to send the pic to u.

Bert

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Muddy Delta
Visit site
shay,

Check on the amp if there is a switch or knob with HPF/LPF/Full or HP/LP/Full.. this is your x-over selector.

If there is no x-over on the amp, you will need an external x-over to adjust it.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

greddy type-s n greddy type-rs

greddy type-s phisssseeuuu....

greaddy type-rs phissssss.....

HMmmm sound kinda like that la i think hehehe~....
so i jus wonder sum 1 use greddy bov here??? jus try to make sure is that really sound like this...
i like da sound from type-s coz of 'phissseeuuu' coz from here all ppl use 'phissss' n 'chiiiiii...' so i try to get diff bov i try search b4 jus get type-rs info cant get type-s info at all....
so need sum bro to gv sum ideal withc bov r...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience