need help on fuel pump

TRDtezza

Oct 15, 2009
hi all experienced taikors...

I'm asking if altezza 3sge oem fuel pump is capable of supplying enough fuel for a 1jz vvti stock standard ?

I'm currently having some issues over my new transplant.. My car seems to jerk/hesitates at about 2k+ rpm before it starts boosting happily.. During boost its running fine.. but only when it starts to spool or when about 2k rpm it hesitates.. I've cracking my brain trying to figure out what is the problem... at the moment i'm using altezza pump.. but

reading all forums around the world , there's lots of posibilities..where they say
1, oem bov is leaking
2. vaccum hoses leaking( i've checked no problem)
3. Sparks ( brand new ones)
4.injectors ( should not be it as i can boost at 0.8bar without jerking)

I'm looking into all posibilities.. HELP!!!!!!!!!!

green

Apr 12, 2005
hi all experienced taikors...

I'm asking if altezza 3sge oem fuel pump is capable of supplying enough fuel for a 1jz vvti stock standard ?

I'm currently having some issues over my new transplant.. My car seems to jerk/hesitates at about 2k+ rpm before it starts boosting happily.. During boost its running fine.. but only when it starts to spool or when about 2k rpm it hesitates.. I've cracking my brain trying to figure out what is the problem... at the moment i'm using altezza pump.. but

reading all forums around the world , there's lots of posibilities..where they say
1, oem bov is leaking
2. vaccum hoses leaking( i've checked no problem)
3. Sparks ( brand new ones)
4.injectors ( should not be it as i can boost at 0.8bar without jerking)

I'm looking into all posibilities.. HELP!!!!!!!!!!
tough luck kiddo. sometimes a cheaper alternative IS not the best answer. there are so many crappy transplants out there I shudder to think of it

however, this is what i can probably say, to help out a fellow guy

1, oem bov is leaking don't think your bov got problem...if leaking u wouldn't get 0.8 bar right and its holding rite? duhhh
2. vaccum hoses leaking( i've checked no problem) again if leaking no 0.8 bar
3. Sparks ( brand new ones) new ones sure no problem la...hint....2 tip better than single tip..more responsive driving
4.injectors ( should not be it as i can boost at 0.8bar without jerking) yeap shouldnt be this also

as for your fuel pump. i am also using a stockie fuel pump...no problems for me ...plus i have been driving mine for 3 years with stockie fuel pump

if your pump is not working, u may have engine problems like engine getting a shudder when u pressing the accelerator...not enuf fuel masuk faham? or maybe knocking

i think your main problem is just the wiring..ask your wireman to check. did your wireman have a 1jz vvti wiring diagram from toyota to check? it helps

these are the things i can think of
1) wiring
2) any engine check lights?
3) gearbox wiring
4) turbo problem

good luck kiddo

p.s u can also personally come to kl n see the altezza 1jz master builder..but i dunno whether he will help u or not...plus u gotta fly him up to sabah see ur car rite?

u can find his hp in here as well. Alex Lai

AE111_SEG

May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
Hi
I am not a 1J expert but I am just guessing. How about o2 sensor.?
Normally at low rpm if the o2 sensor is faulty it will jerk cos running in closed loop.

Only above 3,000+ rpm the engine will be smooth cos car will go into open loop.

Maybe you want to check this......

The O2 sensor should be on the exhaust manifold. I think it should be the same for 1JZ-GTE.

Pls check and let us know if this was the issue........

TRDtezza

Oct 15, 2009
tough luck kiddo. sometimes a cheaper alternative IS not the best answer. there are so many crappy transplants out there I shudder to think of it

however, this is what i can probably say, to help out a fellow guy

1, oem bov is leaking don't think your bov got problem...if leaking u wouldn't get 0.8 bar right and its holding rite? duhhh
2. vaccum hoses leaking( i've checked no problem) again if leaking no 0.8 bar
3. Sparks ( brand new ones) new ones sure no problem la...hint....2 tip better than single tip..more responsive driving
4.injectors ( should not be it as i can boost at 0.8bar without jerking) yeap shouldnt be this also

as for your fuel pump. i am also using a stockie fuel pump...no problems for me ...plus i have been driving mine for 3 years with stockie fuel pump

if your pump is not working, u may have engine problems like engine getting a shudder when u pressing the accelerator...not enuf fuel masuk faham? or maybe knocking

i think your main problem is just the wiring..ask your wireman to check. did your wireman have a 1jz vvti wiring diagram from toyota to check? it helps

these are the things i can think of
1) wiring
2) any engine check lights?
3) gearbox wiring
4) turbo problem

good luck kiddo

p.s u can also personally come to kl n see the altezza 1jz master builder..but i dunno whether he will help u or not...plus u gotta fly him up to sabah see ur car rite?

u can find his hp in here as well. Alex Lai
thanks green bro..
1) i'm not so sure about wiring , i'll check everything again..
2) There is no engine check lights .
3) gearbox wiring .. I guess there is no wiring for manual right ?
4) Turbo , what should i check on the turbo ? the fins and cracks on the turbo ?

wfhan

....& waiting for the brotherhood of 1JZ to answer this leh..
very interesting for me to gain more knowledge... :P

*saje kacau *

TRDtezza

Oct 15, 2009
obd2 not fuctional , not sure bout the front... gotta check with dst2 soon i guess...

Just replaced walbro 255L today , still jerking at 2.2k rpm.. shit!

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

obd2 not fuctional , not sure bout the front... gotta check with dst2 soon i guess...

Just replaced walbro 255L today , still jerking at 2.2k rpm.. shit!

stepwyew

Feb 10, 2006
Well ,

Most of our car here after transplant can be diagnos ,its important to check on any error like sensor and other items , if the wiring is properly done then it can be diagnostic , who knows after it done there is no jerking ?

Good luck

green

Apr 12, 2005
bro stepwyew is right.

without diagnostics u cant tell which one is having problems sensors wiring idling watever...etc

few things to consider:

turbo...is the fins loose? bush loose? is it making a high pitch sound? loss of power?

sensors...airflow sensor..the black round thing located near the oem airfilter box...assuming u are still using it. if theres no air flow sensor and u are using other sensor(i dunno la i no expert), u will need proper tuning.

shouldnt be your gearbox since its manual

wiring....

now why i said wiring is becoz wiring a 6cyc engine into a 4cyc engine system is totally different.

if u cant make the oem wiring on a 1j working properly 1st on the altezza body..how are u gonna properly check where the problem is coming from? its like looking for a needle in a haystack

cockpit working fine? aircon ada? engine idling ok?

start from the wiring first. this is tediuos but hey, its a transplant ma...

good luck

TRDtezza

Oct 15, 2009
hi there bros... i had solved my problem after a headache weekend...
Just for future reference , my problem was my vvti malfunction.. apparently the guy who changed the timing belt back in japan set up my vvti pulley wrong . so all this while , my timing was shit and the vvti was not working.. now my car is purring =) .
Thanks for all the help masters...

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:56 PM ----------

hi there bros... i had solved my problem after a headache weekend...
Just for future reference , my problem was my vvti malfunction.. apparently the guy who changed the timing belt back in japan set up my vvti pulley wrong . so all this while , my timing was shit and the vvti was not working.. now my car is purring =) .
Thanks for all the help masters...