need help on driveshaft price

killa626

Known Member
Jan 10, 2006
hello everybody,

Can anybody tell me the "correst" price range for a set of driveshaft for my honda civic year 96? I just dont want to overpay for it. thanks.

G.

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
why dont you check with honda malaysia?

i'm sure they offer quite a fair price.

killa626

Known Member
Jan 10, 2006
just to update...i found out in a few places and finally i called honda authorised dealer and they quoted me a whopping rm 1000+++ for the shaft..the best part is that this price is for 1 side onli!!!! then i asked for other options and the guy said that rhe can recond the shaft which would cost around rm 170 per side..but then again it depends on the seriousness of the damage. gotta take my car in and check first..

will update later..

G.

VanGogh

Known Member
Jul 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
The new original driveshafts from Honda's authorised dealer are definitely costly cos they are brand new. Forget about the recond shafts as they don't last. If you're unlucky, most of them last between half a year to a year depending on how u drive.

For the price you pay for a recond shaft, I think its better if you got one from a scrap yard. Try to get a set from a Japanese EJ though. When testing the shaft, try to rotate it, if its too loose, forget about it and look for another one. A good set should feel tight. I think you can find them between RM150 to RM250. Assuming your civic is a D16 instead of a B16.

I just replaced mine a few months ago, happy hunting.

VanGogh

Known Member
Jul 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
Hi, my friend has a pair lying around in Puchong. If you're interested u can sms 012 3886276. Its from a SOHC non Vtec EJ6. He's selling for Rm150/side

pehlak

500 RPM
Dec 3, 2005
talking about barand new...sure it cost higer that recond but you will get long lifespan dreivesharft and peace of mind...

killa626

Known Member
Jan 10, 2006
oraitttttttt....finally got my problems settled...so here it is to share...i took my car to the honda authorised service center and had a thorough check of the drive shaft and it was diagnosed that both of my driveshafts were gone and ad to be replaced...each side cost Rm 170 and since i was at the service centre i also changed the engine oil, filter, plugs and etc. I even changed my valve cover gasket and after 3 hours in the garage, the quality of work put a smile in my face. The sound was no longer there, the response of the engine was smoother, and te drive was just sweet.

For those who want to know the price for a brtand new driveshaft, well, its RM1000++ for ONE SIDE ONLY!!!! To all Hondarians, if ever faced with thesame situation as mine, just give the service centre a call and tell them your problem, they will recommend the best solution for your ride.

G.

pehlak

500 RPM
Dec 3, 2005
that the way it is....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys
any idea where to find 3M car care products in Klang Valley area? ive been looking at ikano, one utama, pj area but to no avail.

specifically, im looking for this item

3M™ Hand Applied Glazes & Polishes

Hand applied glaze products used for final finishing, swirl mark removal, or cleaning minor imperfections in the paint finish.

My cousin gave the last portion to me and it is very good on my car, much more...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience