Need help on details of Evolution 8.

pengyu

Known Member
Sep 28, 2006
call MITI first and ask them.confirm all the paperworks needed first. U dun want to get f*cked later by them..

I knew this because i did it before with bikes..but that's like 5 years ago. So they might have changed the procedures etc..

Please take into account everything.. insurance,car cost, shipping cost, tax etc etc before u really want to bring back any vehicle.

From my experience, if you only saving less than RM20K, better get it in Malaysia. There are too many costs in this thing..even small thing let say, fuel cost to Klang,MITI etc etc.. not including the headache to do it by urself. And if u use an agent to handle everything, save u the headache but not the cost.

think again n please do all the calculation needed. I know the cars there are very cheap, but not that cheap when u want to register it in Msia.

seperlinky

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Please bare in mind all those cost is in cash. I think there is several terms for the car on student AP. You might want to check out

rumitech_global

Known Member
Jun 11, 2010
melaka
1st go to MITI, take a form n fill up and send it together with d required document
2nd wait for 2 week for them to process ur application and go again to MITI and have 5 to 10 minute interview with MITI officer together with flight ticket, car insurance, car registration, pasport, n etc...
3rd after a week come n collect AP...
4th go to port klang, custom will evaluate the condition (mint condition means more tax) last time i bring back my Merz i knock the door to look bad condition, then i send to workshop to repair (save more money on tax)... make sure u declare the car price on UK within the year not the price that u brought that car...
5th step... go to counter n pay la tax in cash or money order or by cheque hehhehe.... best advice go n meet director or assistant director Port klang custom and begging to lower the tax... i done it and it work.... got minus 7k from 38k tax....
6 step go to puspakom to check on engine no and chasis no.... the go to jpj n register ur car...

finish oledi....

this is what i done when i bring back my uncle merz from uk....

ask the dealer to back dated 9month the date of u owning the car... no prob some dealer wiling to do coz u paid all in cash rite..

In term of insurance oso can adjust la... want more detail pm me laaa...

but u must be at UK at least 1 year... that one cannot cheat laaa....

fyi i purchased my merz 2 week b4 i back for good to Malaysia....

Last edited:

Vox

Known Member
Jul 2, 2008
Thats why i dont understand. You only have to own the car and pay insurance for 9 months.

But why have to be at UK at least 1 year? Doesnt make sense rite?

EVOFans

Known Member
Aug 29, 2006
If i can find the MR models then it could be save a lot rite? I was trying to find Evo.9 as Evo.8 really save a little actually.

Btw, actually i was thinking to get a Subaru V8 Sti which is very cheap here compare to the Evo. But my friend keep on telling me Subaru maintainence and parts is higher price in Msia.
So that makes me go for Evo :(. A Evo.9 here cost around 12k pounds.

You know how much it cost for 21 years old insurance for Group20?
EVO>STI lar
STI is pain in ass to work on cause of Flat 4 engine
So higher labor charge is a result of that
Finally,EVO>STI in making power
Response also EVO better cause of Flat 4 engine long exhaust manifold and Inline 4 short exhaust manifold:nurse:

wsukun

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2008
London Calling
Thats why i dont understand. You only have to own the car and pay insurance for 9 months.

because if everyone were like you, exploitation happens..
my man to man advice, seriously forget about this car buying thing.. unless u here for good
just enjoy ur life man! not many students were as fortunate as you able to step oversea!
think about that! explore UK!

Vox

Known Member
Jul 2, 2008
Bro it's like a chance for me to save some money because the MR version here is quite cheap.

Rumitech : you know how Many % they will tax?

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

Bro it's like a chance for me to save some money because the MR version here is quite cheap.

Zaid Zainuddin

From Facebook
Oct 4, 2010
www.facebook.com
better go and get VW Golf GTI coupe..its damn cheap over there.sorry out of topic

afaik FQ is very rare because its been tuned by Ralliart UK and were sale as stock(stock is always better) meaning if FQ400, u buy it already got 400hp under the hood.even in japan u wont get 400hp as stock. imo, go for MR(mitsubishi racing)..always bring magnet coz the roof is aluminium so magnet won't stick

EVOFans

Known Member
Aug 29, 2006

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

Google for Malaysia Car Tax Calculator and you will find it

cRazYee

Known Member
Oct 7, 2005
Hmm i wan ask you. I can own and pay the car insurance for 9 months or more but less than 1 year because my visa is only 11 months. Is ok rite? Not all insurance need 1 year at least rite?
you can pay insurance by monthly
so when you leaving uk, just contact your insurance compare say you gonna stop it

but pay monthly might cost slightly more

---------- Post added at 03:44 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:36 AM ----------

cuz by the regulation, the car is treat like a 'tool' while you loving in uk life.

to be honest, take those money, visit more places while you can.
car isn't the end by the days. see the culture, see the different.

---------- Post added at 03:46 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:44 AM ----------

base on my previous research
tax based on displacement (cc), ages (in month). less that 60 months, tax is bloody high, without compensation.

Vox

Known Member
Jul 2, 2008
Its hard to find a FQ-400 here. Im going for FQ-300 MR version.

But what i notice is the MR FQ-300 Evo.8 here is with black and blue recaro and silver steering.

EVOFans

Known Member
Aug 29, 2006
Its hard to find a FQ-400 here. Im going for FQ-300 MR version.

But what i notice is the MR FQ-300 Evo.8 here is with black and blue recaro and silver steering.
One final thing i forget is EVO VIII MR come stock with black headlight and tailight housing:rofl:
Go for FQ300 will do,FQ400 is outdated by now

Vox

Known Member
Jul 2, 2008
There are a few traders selling evo.8 MR FQ-300 which im not sure it is real MR a not.

Because the few units are :

1) Using Black Blue Recaro ( Not the alcantara black edition )
2) Using Silver Black Steering ( Not full black )
3) On the rear boot, dont have any MR emblems

This is why i'm not sure whether there are any FQ-300 MR Evo.8 anot.

kambing69

Known Member
Jul 8, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Ermm... there is way for that Vox.. but you need to 'kaw tim' with the seller.. You can backtrack you purchase. I done that, i purchase MiniC S and some other car within 3month but i back track all the files for it. Ask some malaysia'n ppl there, surely someone can tell you more about that. But you need about 200~1kGPB to do that, depend on the runner.. Good luck, Pm me if you need more question.

BTW if im not mistaken and still remember, you dont need to pay the insurance there for 9 month. The only 9 month is for from date of purchase untill the day of shipping. As one of my friend just use his car for a month(so pay the insurance for month) then let his car in garage, for about 4 more month then ship it...but he already back track the purchase date.. The longer or older your car, the more will be deduct from the tax.

BTW how many years you have been there, there is alot diffrent tax reduction (base on Student AP) if 1~2 years only about 60% tax, if 3 years and more if im not mistaken 100% tax reduction, but this applied only for 2nd hand car (recon). For new car new tax (from AP) will be applied.

Cost for shipping is not that much, its only time consuming. Container will cost you about RM10k (can fit in 2 cars) , so if you can find one more friends or anyone that can share you container that would be good. About Port parking rent, that depend, I recomond that you check frequently when will your car arrive, as the charge will take place after 3 days and the charge about RM200 perday...

PS: Im forgot about the details actually... This is what i remember from my own experience, So if what im saying is wrong somewhere please do forgive me... as im just a normal human~

Good Luck Bro~

Last edited:

EVOFans

Known Member
Aug 29, 2006
There are a few traders selling evo.8 MR FQ-300 which im not sure it is real MR a not.

Because the few units are :

1) Using Black Blue Recaro ( Not the alcantara black edition )
2) Using Silver Black Steering ( Not full black )
3) On the rear boot, dont have any MR emblems

This is why i'm not sure whether there are any FQ-300 MR Evo.8 anot.
Not MR then
Can dig the exact model code and match it
The info could be had from lancerregister or hyper tune
BTW go lancerregister,there is plenty of quality EVO for sales there

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Have anyone try this stuff before....
1) Fuel treatment
2) Injector cleaner
3) Octane booster

View attachment 492301 View attachment 492302 View attachment 492303
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience