Pdrm on evolution??

lan evo

3,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
no escape!

KUALA LUMPUR: The Royal Malaysian police has bought 25 high-powered Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution cars to catch criminals and speed hogs.
The cars, worth several millions of ringgit, would be fitted with safety gadgets and would sport the looks of police patrol cars.
Sources said the police had already taken possession and were testing the cars before sending them to the Road Transport Department for registration and approval.
“The cars are to be used in high-speed car chase, especially in cases of carjacking, kidnapping and hijacking.
“The speed of the cars would enable the police to catch up with criminals who often used modified turbo charged cars to escape,” they said.
Several police personnel have been sent to undergo intensive driving classes to ensure they are able to handle the super charged cars, they added.
The cars, they said, would also be used by the highway patrol unit to monitor speed hogs or illegal racers.
Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Musa Hassan confirmed the purchase but declined to elaborate.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2008/12/7/nation/2745687&sec=nation

Last edited:

lan evo

3,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
Re: no escape!

if the car came with factory speed cut then it still cant chase some moded car:rofl:

ham_m2

500 RPM
Feb 9, 2007
Klang/KL
www.friendster.com

i think they sure cut the speed cut man...need to cut as they want to chase the criminals and all of the offenders.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006

another PDRM shopping spree with the taxpayers' money.

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours

what i know last time is the highway peronda is SGTI n few yrs ago they bought FD2 to be highway peronda...

PabloIceman

3,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2006
u wack 300 they dont dare to chase u.
That one they no need chase u liao .... they just hantar surat to your place!!! :rofl::thefinger:

***Pls. see my signature***

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia

They don't need a evo 10. Because they will finish the fuel before anyone being caught. Some more the body not as strong as can ram into other car. It is just the pickup speed and maybe take some advantage on the AYC thing only. Once foreign magazine even said the car is eating up the tire very fast :rofl: I doubt the real reason behine this. It maybe just a trick to attract people to joint police force or BN's favorite way of spreading the wealth :biggrin: If they really want car to do the job, with the same money, they can get some sunway tuners to provide them 50 souped up volvo 850, can eat standard/light mod evo anytime and can have better protection.

BEan

Known Member
Oct 12, 2004
Klang
www.devoteesofcharade.com
knowing their EVO 10 got speed cut ..............
hahahah.funny one.so they'll be stuck at 180kmh only.n the one they bought are jdm spec cars.sure got speed cut.but maybe mitsubishi malaysia reflash the ecu n got rid of all the cut.

they bought 25 of them n i'm sure only 20 will be running while the other 5 will be cannibalized for parts.that's what they do with their wira's n waja's.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Does anyone know any shop that can do a good job for body kit installation and car repaint with a reasonable price somewhere in Klang area?

Thanks for your...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience