Need help about 4G93 1.8cc turbo spark plug cable ?

kenvis

Feb 21, 2006
hi,

Anyone know which type brand of spark plug cable is best for 4G93 GSR turbo.

Someone have using NGK spark plug cable ( blue colur )? how about performance and price ?

Thk

kennethfong

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2004
i'm using GSR turbo too, but i stick the cable back to stock, that's coz i am a big fan of sound quality (SQ), adding the fact that the cable is never a bottleneck for u to achieve high performance horsepower output..... even NGK blue emits high EMI (electro magnetic interference) but considered ok compared to other non-branded ones, i've tried the ngk before, n i took it out just right after installation due to the noise from my speakers....

talking bout cables, i haven't tried nology, but i think it should be good??? dunno never tried b4..... but need to think twice on the price, it's roughly the region of 4 digits.... compared to NGK blue's RM 300 range....

Last edited:

kenvis

Feb 21, 2006
hi bro kennethfong,

Your have sound system in your car so the noise come our from speaker ?
Stock cable only can found at half-cut shop dun have brand new,i scare can not use longer.

J.B shop sell NGK blue at Rm380 , but i not yet instock.so i ask anyone bro at forum see have any good comment .

thk

kennethfong

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2004
bro kenvis,

yep, u can hear some cicak talking to ur ear kinda noise, very frustrating i tell u, changing back to stock cables totally eliminated the sound.... the EMI intruded either into the efficient operation of my 2 amplifiers, or the interconnects or the speaker cabling, so providing unclean sound output, just to add, if this could happen, it won't be good for ur car electronics such as ur ECU in a long run, could also interrupts ur sensor reading, however it is very hard to prove this point n if u wan a peace of mind then go back to stock better then until prob comes u'll be scratching ur head bald trying to figure out wat's the cause of this.....

dun worry bro, the stock cables in halfcut shop can try first before u buy them, it's really a hard-to spoil-thing in ur car, and it should be cheap too....the NA putra or gti's stock cables can also be used.....

Last edited:

kenvis

Feb 21, 2006
hi bro kennethfong,

Thk your help ....

halfcut shop i had ask is RM80 only. the new NA putra or gti's stock cables is RM380-RM400.

thk

mengz

500 RPM
Jan 15, 2005
yewps.....but beware when u buy the brand new original plug cables. if ur paying rm 380-rm400 make sure its the original MMC from japan.

original local made ones cost rm180+ only. alot of ppl sell u the original local made ones for the price of the original MMC japan.

and like bro kennethfong mentioned, i personally too think that using back original plug cables are the best bet. i'd rather u spend the rm380 on better spark plugs which you can feel noticeable difference.

kenvis

Feb 21, 2006
Hi bro Mengz,

U r right , malaysia market a lot of shop will use this pattern for earn $$.

Than who know about Denso brand plug wire ?

WestCoast

Known Member
Mar 26, 2006
using ngk plug cable will effect ecu 1 ar bro fong? can explain more anot cz i oso using ngk plug cable for my putra lor and then the speaker quite noisy 1..how does it ganggu our ecu? if got afc we then we oways need to re tune it izit?

kennethfong

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2004
bro westcoast,

since u aledi pasang, no point turning back lar, just use it hehe.... the sound is like cicak coming out from ur speaker and that is if you play SQ (sound quality) and not SPL (sound pressure level), means if ur the one that likes to blast ur music outloud at ear banging level, then no worry the cicakman won't be there, but if ur the one that listens to Chai Qin, Au Sui Keong (correct aar?), Norah Jones, or Eric Clapton or others, and only speakers like Focal, DLS, Morel, DynaAudio, amps like TRU, Steg, Genesis, with probably Monster Cable or some expensive van de hul home audio brands, then u can actually hear it.... (please be informed that i'm not so crazy until all the things i mentioned above for SQ, OK OK maybe just half of it)

actually can tell from various standalone ECU manufacturers eg. motec has claimed that EMI can indeed intefere with the electronic devices, however they also claimed that they do have powerful shielding from any radiated interference.... dunno whether mitsubishi or proton ever design any ECU casing to shield EMI? that i don't think so due to its stock carbon type plug cable....

it's not always bout retuning ur SAFC, it's about precision of signals received, ur putra is running on Karman MAF, and it operates on Frequency (calculated in hertz) and not voltage like most MAP sensors, so wat u think EMI will do to the Frequency? however, ican't prove this to you coz i dun have any EMI / Radiation Detector, maybe can pinjam and trace how big is the EMI produced by ur NGK blue cable at different revving range?? then post it here and compare with the stock ones??? then from there we can trace how big an impact of X value of EMI at what frequency can hurt any operating electronic devices......... hehe if u can get the value then contribute something to this thread lar....

kenvis

Feb 21, 2006
Hi WestCoast

Had how long u use the NGK plug wire ? are u feel anything wrong about ur car ?

WestCoast

Known Member
Mar 26, 2006
i used it for 4 months oledi but so far very good la.except when i listening to radio station got zsssssst sound lor..hehe.but i figure out instead of plug cable kacau actually it is my electronic antenna problem..elec antenna cap ayam 1 ma.when listeng to own cd all work fine very okay.fong u VERY THE DEEP la i see ur reply i oni manage to understand half oni.soli soli. ^^

WestCoast

Known Member
Mar 26, 2006
hmm..nology hotwires..the plug cable LV
does it really pumps out tat much power? costs a bomb..how's the performance compared to the NGK ones?

kenvis

Feb 21, 2006
nology hotwires .. too bad , yesterday i go workshop ask and the guy take out and try my GRS but the plug in socket in not same ,The nology wire only fit in evo 4,5,6 only.So i oso dun need the performance.Any one use Evo4,5,6 than can try it but expensive.
The work shop tell me all the ppl use this oso said that Good performance.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The term ‘little car, big engine’ has never rung truer with this ultimate sleeper 1980 Toyota Corolla TE71 that has ditched its puny single cam four-banger for some pure American muscle that could rip the chassis apart.

Sitting in the engine bay is a 7.4-liter big block Chevy V8 lump that sends power to the rear wheels...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience