need advise on kancil850(m)1999

freddie

Oct 7, 2009
johor
Greetings to all, iam new here ,just want to get advise fr u all on how to improve performance:rofl: on my kancil,enjin is still very gd condition so dont want to change it for the time being:help:,thanks a lot.

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb
hmm performance as in handling or power wise? power wise if you are sticking to your stock engine and not intending to turbocharge it, there's nothing much you can squeeze out of the engine so don't bother wasting time instead i rather you enhance your car's handling by adding strut bars/anti roll bars etc, getting a set of good tires on decent size rims for your car(probably upsize if haven't to 13"? i don't own a kancil, the sifus here can advice more), install coilovers(at the expense of your ride's comfort).

For performance on power, its usually already very hard for a 1.6L NA engine to extract power(unless yours is a mivec/vtec/etc those with another set of hi-lift cams), so either you add in a turbo charger or do a swop for the turbocharge version ie: daihatsu mira L2 engine? Kancil is a very light car so probably even a tiny increase in hp like 10hp can be felt/seem. Anyway just my 2 cents, hope it helps

Jutan Supplier

Known Member
Aug 27, 2007
www.facebook.com
duwan to change engine? then change:
- the extractor
- better plugs (i.e: iridium)
- better plug cables
- better air filter (k&n, apexi..etc..)
- better engine oil (i.e.: full syn)

...then u will feel the 'power' and smoothness i would say...hehehe

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Change the whole exhaust system from extractor to tip :rofl:, remember not too big of a pipe if not no more pressure in the exhaust system at all!

Oh and an ecu tuning of some sort helps ex: Re-chip or piggyback :wavey:

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb
hmm. not cheap to re-chip or piggyback...
yea...there is also different price ranges for piggybacks....can try unichip/e-manage or maybe cheaper alternative like SAFC II which has much lesser variables for tuning but much cheaper...

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello gud people of zerotohundred.com... Its like this.I like to know is this "Savvy" can be converted to turbo?? If possible,what should i stock in-to...One more things,can i stock in L5 engine to my Savvy..Or do u guys have any suggestion???
Thank You....

Duke Fly, :cool:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience