Need Advice on S-AFCII Limited Addition !

Soundstream

1,500 RPM
May 2, 2004
NR MY
Visit site
Hi Guysz,

Need your advice/help on the SAFCII on the setting stuff,

Can i know what is the correct and adviceable setting for,

Setting Menu

-Throttle Lo/Hi % ?
-Ne-Point ?
-Dec-Air ?
- Knk Set ?

Sensor Types
-Hotwire In/Out ?
- Flap In/Out ?
- Presure In/Out ?
-Karma In/Out ?

As i just install 1 yesterday on my VDO engine. The thing is the mech.
setting is slightly not same as the guide book.....

So any of you guys with VDO engine there installed SAFCII. Mind to share
your setting with me >?

Still a newbie for this stuff.

Thanks ppl !!!!

:) :p ;) ;) :D :rolleyes: :cool:

PutraCraze

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
thr hi lo depends on urself..... the % indicates the thr flap open how many % eg. if u set 10% lo n 30% hi... your car will run on low fuel map after the thr open 10% and on hi fuel map after open 30%

Soundstream

1,500 RPM
May 2, 2004
NR MY
Visit site
Confuse...???

hmm,

what is the purpose if we set lo/hi ?

what if i set lo 25% snf hi26%

what is the advantages on this ?

mind to share with me...

thanks ya !

PutraCraze said:
thr hi lo depends on urself..... the % indicates the thr flap open how many % eg. if u set 10% lo n 30% hi... your car will run on low fuel map after the thr open 10% and on hi fuel map after open 30%

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
VDO engine?? I never heard of that b4.
If u have bought a new set of SAFC2 please read the manuals.
However.. i need to tell u this. wirings must be correct especially the air-flow (in-out) the pink and orange wire from safc must be correctly wired to your ECU. (Pink and Orange for karman type airflow sensors) most mitsu engines are karman type except for the 4G92 Mivec. How much you got your Ltd.Ed. SAFC2? :D

I suggest you dun play with the fuel map since you may not have enough knowledge in this area. Bring it to a mech with at least wideband o2 tuning so they can tune your SAFC for you. For best results, dyno tune... but only available in KL... sigh. No engines will have the best preset optimum SAFC settings. Thats why apexi do not have any tuning guidelines for it. Gd luck!

just to add few more stuffs.. if your fuel map correction are all 0% there will be no effect for lo or hi throttle settings... as how you floor your gas pedal... the airflow will have no change. The factory ECU will still take control of your fuel needs which is safe for the time being. Setting -ve correction (running lean) is very risky as you may blow your engine.. setting too much +ve will cause fuel overflow (running rich) thus u'll loose power instead of gaining... and cause premature spark plugs damage & clogging your combustion chamber with carbons.

In the SAFC there are two airflow correction settings based on throttle position and engine RPM, say... while u cruise on d highway.. you step on d gas pedal at 30% effort... thats your throttle position.. if u set your SAFC lo throttle position at 30%, means the SAFC will use the lo airflow correction settings. Suddenly u see a V6 crusing pass u.. u decide to overtake him... this time u floor the gas pedal all d way.. which means 100% throttle position. This time... if your settings for throttle position for lo is 30% and hi is 50%.... (now u are at 100%) which means SAFC now will use hi throttle airflow correction settings instead of the lo airflow correction settings.. Get it? lol... seems difficult for me to explain too... hope that helps.

Last edited:

Glocker

Known Member
Nov 16, 2003
So if the throttle is below 30%, the SAFC will use back the ECU's original air fuel ratio setting?

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
Last edited:

Soundstream

1,500 RPM
May 2, 2004
NR MY
Visit site
ehehe

yo bro,

Thanks for the input.
Well now i understand clearly. I bought 1.3k + installation...
N off coz i read the manuals but quite lots of words which confuses me.
Dat's y i'm here dude.. ; )

:D

ftzone said:
However.. i need to tell u this. wirings must be correct especially the air-flow (in-out) the pink and orange wire from safc must be correctly wired to your ECU. (Pink and Orange for karman type airflow sensors) most mitsu engines are karman type except for the 4G92 Mivec. How much you got your Ltd.Ed. SAFC2? :D

I suggest you dun play with the fuel map since you may not have enough knowledge in this area. Bring it to a mech with at least wideband o2 tuning so they can tune your SAFC for you. For best results, dyno tune... but only available in KL... sigh. No engines will have the best preset optimum SAFC settings. Thats why apexi do not have any tuning guidelines for it. Gd luck!

just to add few more stuffs.. if your fuel map correction are all 0% there will be no effect for lo or hi throttle settings... as how you floor your gas pedal... the airflow will have no change. The factory ECU will still take control of your fuel needs which is safe for the time being. Setting -ve correction (running lean) is very risky as you may blow your engine.. setting too much +ve will cause fuel overflow (running rich) thus u'll loose power instead of gaining... and cause premature spark plugs damage & clogging your combustion chamber with carbons.

In the SAFC there are two airflow correction settings based on throttle position and engine RPM, say... while u cruise on d highway.. you step on d gas pedal at 30% effort... thats your throttle position.. if u set your SAFC lo throttle position at 30%, means the SAFC will use the lo airflow correction settings. Suddenly u see a V6 crusing pass u.. u decide to overtake him... this time u floor the gas pedal all d way.. which means 100% throttle position. This time... if your settings for throttle position for lo is 30% and hi is 50%.... (now u are at 100%) which means SAFC now will use hi throttle airflow correction settings instead of the lo airflow correction settings.. Get it? lol... seems difficult for me to explain too... hope that helps.

delphinium

Known Member
Dec 22, 2003
Visit site
ftzone said:

may I ask how does it different from other Mitsu engine? Is it because of the MAP? I'm running MIvec too and have been thinking of plonking an SAFC if my budget on standalone engine management is restricted :(

thanks.

ahchuan

Known Member
Jan 6, 2005
hmm... just asking few question here..

i went to dyno setting for my vafc, but i didnt see any increase in power when i'm driving.
but after few weeks, i went to my mech, he set for me, i can feel my car respone more fast and more light and hav a better fuel consumption. why ar??

my mech told me the shop didnt set my vafc, coz all is still at 0%.
the shop tipu me, coz i my dyno setting on the mechine just less then 15minute.. vroom.. vrooom...vroooom...finish... then pay money.. WTF!!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Here's some extra jalapeno sauce to sprinkle on yesterdays static shots of the Scion FR-S Concept, basically Scion's take on the Toyota-Subaru jointly-developed rear-wheel drive coupe. Toyota have now been so kind as to release two videos of the FR-S, a really short one and a really long one, to further stroke our loins and tease us silly whilst...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience