Need Advice - 20VBT coughing carbon deposits

gilbert

Known Member
Mar 24, 2006
To all toyota bro's, i notice my ride was coughing out carbon deposits through the exhaust early in the morning when i start it. Secondly, symptoms of engine oil decreasing was a also observed and i need to top it up like once a week. Just recently transplanted about two months back with e-manage. This issue has been bugging me for the past few weeks. Is this normal?

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
Looks like you need to overhaul already... must be revving the heck out of it yah? Hehe...
Well, suspect piston ring and valve seals worn out.

At the mean time, have you checked the spark plugs?

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
"coughing out carbon deposits" ...heee mine too...it's mainly because of old piping n muffler system...carbon filled up already, chocking the fiber inside it, perhaps...my engine on very healthy condition, newly rebuild 15k km olready... :D

Oil decreasing ? any white smoke during idling or high rev ? any oil leakage ? any engine overheat ?

gilbert

Known Member
Mar 24, 2006
Okay, that seems to be a major issue. Din rev much though. Just sent for dyno 3 times and the result was this. Will try checking the spark plugs first as mentioned if nothing wrong means could be the valve seals and piston ring then. Dang, i hardly whack it that hard. Just occasional abuse i guess. By the way, there's white smoke coming out during cold start but after that it becomes normal.

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

On thing i forgot to mention, the piping was new so i guess that wouldn't be the culprit. No oil leakage and overheat. My biggest suspicion would be the valve seals and piston ring too. But hopefully that isn't true.

gilbert

Known Member
Mar 24, 2006
Nah, it sounded normal though. How come yours sounded like diesel. Mind to elaborate what causing it ?

wilm3

500 RPM
Aug 4, 2005
KL
20v = diesel engine ma...wakakaka...my bro-in-law asked me b4 is my corolla diesel?? hehehe..

YUZZRAY

Known Member
Oct 18, 2005
KAJANG,SELANGOR
Yup.. sounds like diesel..but dont worry.. we already discuss this topic about a few weeks ago.. some sifu says this is normal for 20V engine.. they said maybe my VVT need to service... You can only hear the sound during engine idling..but after the padal is pumped..you know what i mean.. 20V screaming..!!you can search for my thread to read more.. just FYI..

hon_cs

Known Member
Jan 23, 2004
Ipoh
there's white smoke coming out during cold start but after that it becomes normal.

On thing i forgot to mention, the piping was new so i guess that wouldn't be the culprit. No oil leakage and overheat. My biggest suspicion would be the valve seals and piston ring too. But hopefully that isn't true.
oil topup once a week is consider quite serious. actually base on the symptom above, what you dont wish to happen is actually happened. bring it to mechanic is the best rather than guessing and make ur day down.

chuckie

500 RPM
Jun 17, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
faced this prob when i was using BT20V last time. No oil leaks at all. happens maybe due to piston ring or valve seal. will come worst if high rev. black smoke, comfirm. in high rev some more. some time fire cominf out from the exhaust. it's fun.... vtec prrrannngggggg bt pringgggg

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear Sifus,

I encounter burning smells whenever I accelerate above 130km++, brought my car to a few workshop and even Toyota Service they could not identify the problem.

Actually I did off my aircond and accelerate above 130km++ but the burning smells still come in. I'm not sure if the smells are from aircond or not?

Any Sifus can guide me on this problem? I took for servicing a few times and changes the filter but still the same problem encountered.

Please help. . TQ
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience