Naza Citra Mods

Feb 25, 2007
Hello guys,

Appreciate some help on mods for Naza Citra. I am trying to get better torque and throttle response to improve fuel consumption and make the car more responsive.

I have seen tuning ads that changes/optimises the mapping of the original ECU or should like add a Greddy Emanage or any piggy back ECU then go for dyno?

Will improving the air flow via air filters and less restrictive (but not loud) exhaust help?

Thanks

Diablox

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
please do & post results.

the only thing i wanna do fer now is remove those cat converters & replace the sections with mild steel piping.

diablox

Feb 25, 2007
Yeah I will do so. As for the Cat thats the first to go. However still concerned about how to tune the exhaust for optimum torque at low rpm rather than horsepower at high rpm.

Can you recommend a good exhaust shop?

Thanks

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
sorry to ask,

how is the FC for citra? coz my fren's citra is veli high FC. Rm80 for 200-250km only...

BTW,replacing the stock air filter n remove the CAT will gv better response to ur car as well as better FC.

my2cent

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
will that simple exhaust mod *remove CAT* void my warranty leh?
i actually suspect the stock fueling is too rich lah.

my f/c = RM15~20 per 80km.

diablox

Feb 25, 2007
The FC depends on your driving patterns. When I am in a hurry, and in city traffic, the FC is around RM80 for 290km. When driving with constrain, its around 320km. On the highway (PG to KL), I get around 360km (aggressive - 140km/h average) and 400km (115km average with light right foot).

Not impressive numbers, i am afraid. Anyway it is not the fuel consumption thats the main grudge, since its a heavy MPV that can carry seven in a squeeze with airbags, dvd system, sunroof etc. Its the small fuel tank that requires visits to the petrol station so often. I would rather have a larger tank (like the X-trail, which has similar FC) that carries around RM110, so a full tank should be good for 450-500km and reduce these refueling trips.

i have never achieved a direct drive from Pg to KL on one tank in the Citra. I always had to refuel before arriving in KL. I had a BMW M3 and a 1999 Camry and both these cars could reach Melaka on one tank of fuel. On the other hand, my former EVO IV could only reach Ipoh (from PG) on one tank during aggressive driving!!!! My god.

Could anybody confirm whether the engine in the Citra is derived from the Mitsubishi 4G63?

Anyway thanks for the help.

tebalik

Apr 24, 2006
i've just installed safc to my naza citra..feels great...safc+remove CAT+stock air filter...:thefinger:

tebalik

Apr 24, 2006
my naza citra, remove CAT= rm250, safc+installation+dynotune = RM1050

fuel/km

1. caltex techron 97, 41liter = 380km

2. shell 97vpower, 40liter = 390km

driving patern

1. from Kota Bharu, Kelantan to Kuantan,Pahang.Speed is around 60 - 120 km/h - full luggage with 4 person.

2. from Kota Bharu to Arau,Perlis.Speed is around 60 - 140 km/h(at PLUS highway) - half luggage with 2 person.

p/s-throttle feels light,car run nicely..gaining on afew point on HP n torque.I've ask the guy that dynotest my car to set the safc for fuel save,he set the fuel setting from 17 point to 14.7.

need more info,msj me at 0129892069 - ridzuan:proud:

updated 21/6/2010

-change safc to safc neo.....max hp 109.71, max torque 14.13...feels better than safc...:proud:

Last edited:

dixonleong

Known Member
Feb 23, 2006
bro, u remove catcon, need replace extractor is it ??
where u did this ?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Beading Effect for KKE Thick Wax -

When water is sprayed on a normal car surface, the water would generally form a film and remain on the car paint and would probably dry on the car. The water drying on the car has several problems like leaving water spots, dirt dryin on the car etc. Even harmfull effects of bugs, tree saps, road film harms your car paint and its finish.

An unprotected car paint would probably have a water film.

KKE Thick Wax is to be applied by hand using a wax...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience