N16 Sentra Modification

sentran16

Nov 22, 2005
Hi everyone out there, I am driving 2001 Sentra N16 1.6Ltr. I am thinking of some simple modification to gain more power. Any idea? I am thinking of adding a ECU, will that work? Thanks.

e*terna

May 18, 2005
KL
there is one guy sell dastek piggyback and can gain up to 7hp....for me try chg the xtractor, xhaust system and air filter first....probably gain around 10hp with low cost....my car sentra 2006 nismo edition and really dissapointed with its performance.....just buy the cap ayam xtractor and send out for chroming.....

sentran16

Nov 22, 2005
I was thinking about fitting a SR20 into my car, do you think I can still maintain the auto transmission to my car?

Why type of extractor should I use and where can I can one that will for sure increase HP? People mention that if we change the extractor from 4-2-1- to 4-1-1, we will lost hp at high rev. is that true?

sentran16

Nov 22, 2005
Actually I already lower my car by changing my suspension to Hotbiz suspension. I have also change my rim to 17" too and I have change my exhaust system. Should I change my filter to drop in or other type?

midnight

Jul 13, 2005
parts unknown
e*terna said:
there is one guy sell dastek piggyback and can gain up to 7hp....for me try chg the xtractor, xhaust system and air filter first....probably gain around 10hp with low cost....my car sentra 2006 nismo edition and really dissapointed with its performance.....just buy the cap ayam xtractor and send out for chroming.....
The Nismo Ltd Edition does not come with engine performance upgrades, only handling has been improved... so why complain about it?

e*terna

May 18, 2005
KL
midnight said:
The Nismo Ltd Edition does not come with engine performance upgrades, only handling has been improved... so why complain about it?
I ididnt say about nismo edition....but this car is quite heavy among 1.6....even with this VTC...after changing the xhaust system then a bit OK....

sang

Known Member
Dec 4, 2006
sentran16 said:
I was thinking about fitting a SR20 into my car, do you think I can still maintain the auto transmission to my car?

Why type of extractor should I use and where can I can one that will for sure increase HP? People mention that if we change the extractor from 4-2-1- to 4-1-1, we will lost hp at high rev. is that true?
which SR u r referring to... SR20DE, SR20DET? SR20VE?
they all can be fitted into n16 engine bay.. but i'm not saying its plug n play thing...
Less hassle i suggest that u can try swapping with SR16VE...
Less headache with JPJ and Puspakom.. on paper it generated 178 hp...
but u need extra 8K in yr wallet... thats for sure... (halfcut + installation)

sentran16

Nov 22, 2005
do you know where I can get a SR16VE? What is the meaning of VE and what is the differences between DE and VE?

sang

Known Member
Dec 4, 2006
yeah sure... u can try call this number...0193307889...Kodak
Just say.. sang gave u this number...
this is my plain not so accurate explanation but easy to understand...
VE is for NEO VVL engine... sort of like Nissan vtec engine but more powerful..
save FC too..
DE normally like SR20DE... engine power jugakk.. (SR20Det-power giler) but dun have that fuel saving technology thingy....

like i said.. less hassle (either with JPJ or Puspakom) better swap with Neo SR16VE.. damn syokkkkk wooooo.....

btw... i'm driving N16 too.. and my fren also drive N16 with SR16VE installed!.. hehehe..
pm me if u wanna take a look at my fren SR16VE....

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

:) hello ppl...can anyone tell me how to prevent whell spin
from my waja evo7(locked front wheel)...especially in 1st and 2nd gear...it just spin all the way to red line..using a 16"wheel and 17"wheel make any differences??i uderstand that it comes with LSD gearbox but how come it still spin like hell!!??!
please help !! :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience