Myvii Vs Persona Elegance

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
iam talking about any waja without a campro sir, fuel consumtion is very the last time a driven one. and dat was for testing a more aggressive setting i did for the owner..

i never buy cars new sir, i prefer them to be cheap, with an untouched chasis ie no accident. iam willing to spend up to 5k for fixing if iam able to save up more then 20k compared to buying a new car. usually, my customers spend around 2k~3k to get the new car feel when buying a used car. a good investment imo

ryanlum

Oct 5, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hmmm.. sounds good..

normally you will replace all the suspension, tires, brake pad.. anything else?

ahha.. looks like u won't recommend a campro eh

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
all the parts dat needs regular maintenance sir, lubes, brake fluid, brake hoses, bushings, suspension, etc.

like i said, the campro tuning doesnt suit me, fuel is used too much imo. the tuning cud be leaner like the waja's, and the power delivery of the 4g18 feels better for the masses, for the street. the campro is a high revving engine, no doubt dat it was built for performance, hence the more aggressive cam porfile and probably the tuning as well but it doesnt suit most people.

we tested the gen2 in ulu yam, and gearing skill had to be used extensively for the engine doesnt deliver below 4k rpm, definitely not my cuppa tea sir. i prefer the 4g18 in both low~mid power delivery and fuel consumption. u can search around for campro's fc and compare if it suits u.

yet again, there are debates on the campro's internals being so manja, until the new campro is proven to be reliable, i wont recommend them. dat doesnt mean iam bashing proton sir, on the contrary iam hoping theyd be more successful in the future. i like the new gen proton chasis ie waja, gen2, persona, etc. its their engine dat iam doubting

ryanlum

Oct 5, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
haha.. thanks for your input.. currently still thinking about a myvii (2-3 years).. but just thinking about other options..

hahaha... hmmm... i am also looking for something with a good fuel consumption. Would you recommend a 5 year old city? like i-dsi or vtec?

then like you said make changes for all those to make it a smooth ride?

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
my aunty had bad experiences with the city, her cvt gearbox kept giving her the tantrum, i dunno about the city's latest batch. from what i read, its using back the conventional autobox, i dunno..

yes sir, if u are able to search for a comparatively good unit, refreshing everything up gives u the new car feel.

edi78

Oct 28, 2010
Bangi
hi all..this is what my friend experince from MYVI...driving above 100kmh n the steering car start to shaking...this is very DANGEROUS exspecially when cornering...maybe need to improve on suspension..

i'm driving GEN 2 auto 2004...handling is very stable n smooth...last times i drove at 170kmh still stable but my knees start to shake...hahahaaa...my brother in law drove my car 190kmh (crazy young people)n he says can go higher coz the paddle can still go more...still stable he comment..

Persona also quite ok lor coz my brother using it now...but the engine now start to make tet..tet..tet sound...handling???never heard his complaint bcoz my brother drove his car very carefully...heheheee..

Every car has it's own problem...u just need to improve it a bit...suspension,oil,brakes,tyre...better buy a trusted brand spare part than buying cheap ones coz cheap is usually imitate n no quality...u will surely regret...

Mishima

Known Member
Dec 27, 2008
I think Campros do have questionable performance issues due to Proton's QC. I'm driving a 2 year old BLM AT now, and I previously drove the last batch Saga. In comparison, although FC is slightly worse than the 4g13, the car itself is much better performance and safety wise. When test drove a friend's Myvi, yes, at high speeds the car felt floaty and the steering feels shaky thus rendering it a little unsafe on high speed cornering. Other than that, FC is better, provided its manual. Auto more or less the same but of course Myvi still better la. The only thing I don't like of Campro is their low to mid, response is worse than my 4g13 stock and also the DVVT 1.3

About Waja, the 4g18 has better FC compared to Campro, what leo said is true. A friend of mine drove one too and although its like around 7-8 years already the car is still in tip top condition lah. Always drive fast, but surprisingly FC ok lah for a 1.8 car. Such cars should also be put in your consideration. :)

My sister currently driving the Gen2 CPS, handling, power, torque everything can be considered superb for a 1.6 car, but FC we all know lah. So I expect a Persona Elegance to be more or less the same.

Nevertheless, for things like parts and reliability, I did say regardless Proton or Perodua they are just the same. Proton had stood up with 25years of critism, while Perodua is a decade less. Proton created garbages before while Perodua did too. Just like the Myvi SE, a friend of mine who own one also has power window problems just like how Proton are reputatble of.

If there's other options maybe a Vios or iDsi City. At least you would feel safer in such cars. Some more the value won't depreciate as fast as any of our local made cars. Just that they are more cramped due to their size lor.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
speaking 2nd hand wise, assuming its your only car or assuming your family does not have sedan. definitely get a mitsubishi powered waja. i drive a myvi.

every car has its issues, no doubt. but i feel myvi is more like a car to get you from point a to b in town. if there's no other car in your family a waja would prove to be more practical. some examples are like going out on road trip.. north or south, 4 persons plus luggage.. it'll be cramped in myvi's boot (or lack of one). or going to the airport fetching people, big luggage bags? no space in the myvi. handling, power and NVH.. waja tops the myvi (not a fair comparison, i know, but in terms of used prices its the same bracket)

a mitsu powered 1.6 waja would be easy to maintain.. having abundant parts, and its issues (if any) are already well known and most mechanics are able to fix. an honest opinion from a guy who loves his myvi.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Latest scoop vid of Panamera here.

Porsche Panamera: The latest news
There is still two years away from seeing the Panamera in showrooms, but you wouldn't think so from the number of times

Porsche's first front-engined, four-seater saloon has been scooped...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience