Myvi SE/Extreme 1.5 modifications

tIANcI

Known Member
Jun 8, 2010
PeeJay
Best bang for buck are the UR tower strut and rear sway bars. It makes a huge difference to the Myvi's handling. Brakes are decent for stock machine. Next will be new shocks and wider tyres. If you are on auto, no point trying to get more power unless you have a lot to spend. MT is most fun!

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Any1 here installed the four point lower arm bar and side bars? What is the outcome?
front lower arm, dsport.. no side bars.. dsport strut tower bar..stock suspension..

driven by a lady who drives a stock myvi everyday... do 180 degree turn going up ramp that she drives there very very often.. outcome is she say the myvi with the bars..less wobbly and better control around the corners. more grounded, at the same speed compared to her own 100% stock myvi..

so.. significant difference. since its tested by a normal a-b lady driver.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
this one

forgot to mention, the car with bars also had a toyota passo racy arb.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
no that's a dsport front lower arm bar.

mazai

May 23, 2012
KL
Hi, is there any official distributor for Dsport products here in Malaysia?

Akmal

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
what dsport stuff you looking for? I'm letting go my used dsport exhaust system, i have brand new dsport air filter drop in and dsport radiator cap.

i'm like dsport's official pimp.

mazai

May 23, 2012
KL
what dsport stuff you looking for? I'm letting go my used dsport exhaust system, i have brand new dsport air filter drop in and dsport radiator cap.

i'm like dsport's official pimp.
Just wondering if there is any performance part for Viva 1.0. EJ-VE if im not mistaken.. In the process of converting to MT and im looking for a clutch kit.

Akmal

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Just wondering if there is any performance part for Viva 1.0. EJ-VE if im not mistaken.. In the process of converting to MT and im looking for a clutch kit.

Akmal
The super metal clutch disc and clutch cover metal spec adds up to 1.5k. if you're serious get in touch with me.

woot... you know anyone who has this for sale cheap?
dsport and cheap don't really go together. UR gives you best bangs for bucks. dsport front tower bar is rm600.. UR only rm110...

but you get what you pay for :smokin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I have no issues with UR products. Just that they are heavy! I want strong and light. RM600 for that piece of metal + a brand name chop is ridiculous. What is the difference between UR and Dsport? I've never seen either one before.

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
I saw before D-sport front tower structure bar in Advan Racing at Seremban. It is light compare with UR bar but not much if it is front tower structure bar. But the material is different, D-sport is using carbon fiber (not the bolt lock point area). The D-sport rear anti roller bar is very light compare to UR rear anti roller bar. D-sport stuffs very expensive!

tIANcI

Known Member
Jun 8, 2010
PeeJay
For ARB it does not matter if hollow or solid. Important is the material because the force is torsional. Lighter and stiff is better. Hence the really good ones are hollow.

Last edited:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I have no issues with UR products. Just that they are heavy! I want strong and light. RM600 for that piece of metal + a brand name chop is ridiculous. What is the difference between UR and Dsport? I've never seen either one before.
one word. design.

you compare this rubbish

to this

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

before anybody comes up with smarty pant remarks, think of how the entire lower arm assembly works, how it moves and flexes, then look at the picture.

one is called Malaysia boleh and one is called engineering. :smokin:

tIANcI

Known Member
Jun 8, 2010
PeeJay
Ixeo ... For us who are not so smart can you please explain a bit. Then we can learn more. thanks!

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Think which part will move, and which part that doesn't move but is directly connected to the part that will move.

For example, strut tower bars are not installed to the moving part, it braces the part that's not supposed to move but IS connected to the moving part - the coilovers. Objective is to ensure the parts that's not supposed to move continue to stay that way.

The lower arms move. Look exactly where the UR bar is bolted on to, and compare both.

The key is the mount points. And you can see its drawn out by a kind gentleman (not me).

Another example is this piece of garbage

Is the point supposed to move? Or not? If its supposed to move why are you bolting the left to the right? LOL. A anti roll bar is not that thick and its designed to flex to a certain degree.. instead they came up with this..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey guys, recently have check engine light issue after long drive. driving midway on highway and check engine light came out. car was running fine and did not have any signs or feeling or jerks, constraints, etc. i remember having tps issue before as the connection was loose before. Now the connection is good and still cant figure out the check engine light issue. Air flow sensor seems fine, just havent cleaned it cause i dont know where to get the cleaner. Spark plugs havent checked...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience