Myvi extreme broken in

aivenrolx

Known Member
Jul 30, 2008
today was a bad day for me...
i left my car park at jalan 13/4 petaling jaya..around utar college there,
roadside parking just oposite colgate factory...
from 12pm to 5pm (studying)...
my car was broken in and the car was just 6 month old :bawling:... total loss rm700 for my personal stuff... (smart tag,diagnosis elm327, and ALL MY ANG PAU T_T )
the driver side window was broken... need wait tommorow only can figure how much needed to repair..
it is my own mistake.. as normally..my smart tag always expose outside..
today didn't manage to reload,so i keep it inside my dashboard drawer...

just to remind everyone please becareful around there...:bawling:

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/268065_10151386620794270_126947228_n.jpg

http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/549401_10151386620619270_939647181_n.jpg

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
the window glass.. get 2nd hand jepun mari about rm80 or less...

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Yeah, for the same model. Go chop shop survey first.

aivenrolx

Known Member
Jul 30, 2008
okay..thanks
atleast i can save alot instead of getting new one...

VTEC LoVeR

500 RPM
Jun 30, 2010
Kulim
Bro, sorry for your lost and your ride still with you. Lesson learn here, do not put some valuable things somemore expose to those buggers...

Mr.Chaser

4,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2009
Johor
Sorry for ur lost...

cbsteh

Known Member
Oct 26, 2010
Kazakhstan
www.christopherteh.com
today was a bad day for me...
it is my own mistake.. as normally..my smart tag always expose outside..
today didn't manage to reload,so i keep it inside my dashboard drawer...
Sorry to hear your loss. But what do you mean that your smart tag always "expose outside"? But you said your smart tag at the time of theft was inside your dashboard drawer?

BTW, did you install a security film/tint?

Sometimes buggers just smash your windows just to see if you have anything special inside your car (such as in glove box) -- like lucky draw. My old car a very long time ago was smashed in too. The fella (I saw him hanging around the parking lot but I was too blur to notice the warning signs then) stole my GF's purse of coins!

Recently, a friend of mine made a mistake by putting her laptop in the boot and being too slow and exposed when she did it. Someone must have noticed and her car window was duly smashed, boot opened, and laptop stolen within an hour she left her car.

Do take extra precaution in your car security. Myvi, like all local cars, are red hot targets for car theft. If possible, try not to stinge on money on car security. Our car is one of our most important assets though some people treat it like it is not, saving and spending money instead on the latest iPad or tablet model.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Laptop easily detected with a machine cuz of the battery in the laptop. That's how they know which car left the laptop inside.
My friend kena once and never want to listen to me, he went out with a friend one day and his friend kept the laptop in his car
boot.

End up, his boot was forced open and laptop gone. Dunno how they did it but they did it.

Tinting security tint is helpful as well.

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Security tint can withstand impact for awhile but if they use metal ruler to break mirror inside the door 1st then it will shattered no matter what security tint.

Should have not keep any valuable in your car (u keep all your ang pao in car...? WTF...) happen to me 1 time but was lucky nothing taken, my smart tag still in glove box. Moral of the story, dun let it happen again, dun leave valuable in car, becareful where u park.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Sorry for your losses..sometimes when I park my car at a secluded area where not many people around, I would open my utility box to show that there's nothing inside.

aivenrolx

Known Member
Jul 30, 2008
Sorry to hear your loss. But what do you mean that your smart tag always "expose outside"? But you said your smart tag at the time of theft was inside your dashboard drawer?

BTW, did you install a security film/tint?

Sometimes buggers just smash your windows just to see if you have anything special inside your car (such as in glove box) -- like lucky draw. My old car a very long time ago was smashed in too. The fella (I saw him hanging around the parking lot but I was too blur to notice the warning signs then) stole my GF's purse of coins!

Recently, a friend of mine made a mistake by putting her laptop in the boot and being too slow and exposed when she did it. Someone must have noticed and her car window was duly smashed, boot opened, and laptop stolen within an hour she left her car.

Do take extra precaution in your car security. Myvi, like all local cars, are red hot targets for car theft. If possible, try not to stinge on money on car security. Our car is one of our most important assets though some people treat it like it is not, saving and spending money instead on the latest iPad or tablet model.
Yah bro, normally i park around there... i didn't hide my smart tag inside the glove box...
so that day, i want to reload inside highway..but cant make it,and i scare later i use it to paid the toll.. so i kept it inside the glove box...
so i think the buggers thought that my smart tag have lots of credit inside of it...
normally those buggers saw theres a bracket for smart tag sticked infront of windscreen but dont have smart tag for sure they curious right?

another thing is,maybe because i wear my college shirt.. so confirm i will go inside study for few hours...

i just use those tint for prevent heat purpose only...those security film quite expensive and dint plan to install it

Security tint can withstand impact for awhile but if they use metal ruler to break mirror inside the door 1st then it will shattered no matter what security tint.

Should have not keep any valuable in your car (u keep all your ang pao in car...? WTF...) happen to me 1 time but was lucky nothing taken, my smart tag still in glove box. Moral of the story, dun let it happen again, dun leave valuable in car, becareful where u park.
Normally after study, i went to work with my sling bag.. so everytime i leave it inside my car, just take out those valuable stuff..
i thought left those ang pao for emergency use..:banghead:
Yup, learned already, now scare ady...

Sorry for your losses..sometimes when I park my car at a secluded area where not many people around, I would open my utility box to show that there's nothing inside.
Good idea :biggrin:

and so sorry for my broken english..
thanks alot to all of u :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Driving The 2008 BMW M3 Coupe

Eight angry cylinders define BMW’s latest performance icon.<b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b>

Marbella, Spain—Finally, after much anticipation during the past year, we are able to climb aboard the latest, if not the most famous, performance car in the BMW model lineup...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience