Mystery whining noise from front

desmond0318

Known Member
May 31, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hi all sifus :adore:

Need help, appriciate for every reply and answer, when the car moving it sounds like 'wruk wruk wruk' the faster i go the faster it produce the noise.

One of my trusted mechanic said sounds like this is only will produce by wheel bearing, but after i've replace it and those noise still appear.

This noise usually happens after i've went thru a rough/bumpy road & rainy/cold weather days.

My question is, except wheel bearing what else is spinning in our car while we drive? Will drive shaft or steering rack etc that making this noises?

It's really mystery cause it dosen't happen always :dontknow::hmmmm:

Cheers

Last edited:

desmond0318

Known Member
May 31, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks bro Izso, is it any test to find out? Or we need to take it out to indentify where the problems come from?
I don't have much knowledge about drive shaft, was curious is it all drive shaft have a center bearing or something?

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
you just can't solve noise problem in forums..even workshop need to test drive and check for wear underneath..

mind to share your car model?...someone might faced it before..

desmond0318

Known Member
May 31, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
lol i felt embarrassing try to simulate this noise 'wruk wruk wruk' is like matel scratching each other, checked tires and rims but no problem there.

Because the workshop can't settle the problem, that's why i ask sifus here. And most of those work for money's mechanic always treat customer like experiment mouse, wheel bearing changed can't fix tell us to change drive shaft or steering rack etc...

Between im driving potong wira a/b :cheers:

ColdPlay

Known Member
Jun 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Gearbox mounting is okay? the 1 piece rubber mudguard inside is okay as wind may blow a torn rubber to the tyres? no loose exhaust bracket? Fuel tank bracket? Worn out arm bushes?
At least tell us if the sound comes from front, rear or middle.

desmond0318

Known Member
May 31, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Gearbox mounting is okay? the 1 piece rubber mudguard inside is okay as wind may blow a torn rubber to the tyres? no loose exhaust bracket? Fuel tank bracket? Worn out arm bushes?
At least tell us if the sound comes from front, rear or middle.
didn't i wrote that on title? Mystery whining noise from 'front' :hmmmm:

I guess is not about the gearbox mounting, the noise is there even i step on the clutch, the noise only appear while our wheels are spinning and why i said it's 'mystery' because it dosen't happen always, getting creepy here :afraid:

Last edited:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
The sound comes only when wheel turns and gets faster when going faster. Usually, first will be wheel bearing and second will be tyre wear uneven. Since both have been checked try to find anything touching the disc rotor, or even the disc protection plate.
Not sure if it is the drive shaft because usually drive shaft noise starts with full turn of the steering.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
desmond, can you explain how to replicate the problem? Does it happen when the car is cold? Or hot? Both? What speed are you going to get it?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
desmond, can you explain how to replicate the problem? Does it happen when the car is cold? Or hot? Both? What speed are you going to get it?
Talking about that my car got some sort of that spinning sound but then realised when the car is stationary, with D engaged in, is like as if something is lose.

Hope is something lose in the door and not the brakes. :afraid:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
seems like loose hub nut to me. check that..
Checked, and is tight. No vibrations while driving at any speeds. But there was once after
i drove faster, the noise went off until this morning it sound again.

Maybe after it is hot then no longer have the sound. But when car idling in D the sound is there

desmond0318

Known Member
May 31, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
The sound comes only when wheel turns and gets faster when going faster. Usually, first will be wheel bearing and second will be tyre wear uneven. Since both have been checked try to find anything touching the disc rotor, or even the disc protection plate.
Not sure if it is the drive shaft because usually drive shaft noise starts with full turn of the steering.
Im not sure how to find out either it was rotor or caliper, but i've tried jack the car up and spin it, but can't hear any noise of that.

It happen after this situation cold/wet weather or after bumpy rough roads, even normal city drive 20km/h++ can notice already..

Talking about that my car got some sort of that spinning sound but then realised when the car is stationary, with D engaged in, is like as if something is lose.

Hope is something lose in the door and not the brakes. :afraid:
Try push back to N when your car is moving when you noticed that sound, last time my automatic's kenari happens like this dose it sound like 'gru gru gru gru'? :embarassed:

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

Sounds like the noise comes from your front absorbers.....
Maybe or maybe not, does have a mechanic told me maybe was absorber's mounting, but the noise is whining or something spinning so i skipped that mechanic..

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Guys,

Just gauging interest for all the DIY-ers out there, I just want to find out the popularity of colors IF it is available in Malaysia on this product. Its called Plasti Dip.

What is Plasti Dip?
Plasti Dip is a spray-on rubber adhesive agent which bonds to items to give it a rubberized effect thus further protecting the item from harsh environmental wear and tear.

Additionally, Plasti Dip comes in multiple colors which one can customize his/her car according to preferences...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience