Grinding and Whining sound

Mar 8, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
HI all, I am getting a grinding and whining sound coming from my front left side on my Car. I am driving a Hyundai Matrix...( yeah a silly MPV). Could it be my brake pads? Or something worse?

MikeThe Bear:wavey:

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
Wheel Bearing issue?
Lift the car up with car jack and turn the wheel.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
do u experience the sound when your car is moving? if yes, suspected brake piston jammed, u could test it on a slope, if your car does not move or move very slowly, that is the symthom.

if sound only appears while u brake - brake pads worn out.

wheel bearing produces sound like wung wung wung wung while doing 60-80kmh.

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
another way to check if yr brake seizing up...jack up the car, put into N/free gear and try to spin the wheel with yr hands...if the wheel immediately stops spinning after u let go...then it's time to service yr brake piston.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
HI all, I am getting a grinding and whining sound coming from my front left side on my Car. I am driving a Hyundai Matrix...( yeah a silly MPV). Could it be my brake pads? Or something worse?

MikeThe Bear:wavey:
Grinding sound check the pads first....

cherabeng

Aug 17, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Bro, i got similar problem like u. It will sound like krok krok kro when reverse. This only happen when reverse. So far already send to 3 mechanics but no one can tell me wats the problem. Brake pads changed, still same. How did u managed to solve this problem? Thanks

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Bro, i got similar problem like u. It will sound like krok krok kro when reverse. This only happen when reverse. So far already send to 3 mechanics but no one can tell me wats the problem. Brake pads changed, still same. How did u managed to solve this problem? Thanks
That can be drive shaft problem, but then should have sound going forward too?:hmmmm:

cherabeng

Aug 17, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
hi bro vrturbo

3 mechanic also say not the driveshaft problem. the grinding sound like krok krok only when reverse..
the first 2 mechanics look at the driveshaft and says no problem wit it.they say if driveshaft sure will have sound when turning left right.

the 3rd mechanic took out the wheels and check on the brakes and apply some grease on it. still could not solve the problem. i even ask if its gearbox problem but mechanic say if gearbox then the symptom usually like very hard to change from N to D.

any idea bro ?

That can be drive shaft problem, but then should have sound going forward too?:hmmmm:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I think need to physically see / hear the problem to diagnose cherabang. Too difficult to type. Can you video record it from outside and upload here?

Does the noise come only at high speed reverse or all the time?

cherabeng

Aug 17, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
bro Izzo

the sound only comes when reversing the car or when L reverse car for parking.
sometimes it comes out every time when reverse. sometimes its quiet and no sound at all.

i wan to try recording. the moment i step on the brake and took out the phone, the sound dissapears
by the way, its quite loud.

i have check underneath the car, nothing is stuck there.

I think need to physically see / hear the problem to diagnose cherabang. Too difficult to type. Can you video record it from outside and upload here?

Does the noise come only at high speed reverse or all the time?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Like bro. Izso mentioned, probably need to see/hear it physically and sound can come from many places. But krok, krok sound is more associated with movement like drive shaft, wheels rotating, brake pads against disc, etc....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The August break for this year’s Formula One season could see the confirmation that Lotus will be switching over to Renault engines for next season.

Although Lotus is currently Cosworth-powered, the words of Renault’s Engine Technical Director, Rob White, that claims any announcement regarding the French marque’s plans for the 2011 season is...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience