My Skyline GT-S 4 doors

KungFuMan

Known Member
Feb 7, 2008
Now my HR34 GT-S with RB20DE Auto tranny is out.

It's gonna be my experimental car. He! He!

I wonder what should I do first?

Well my priority is to swap the engine of course.

Not sure should I swap it with RB25DET Neo or just go straight away with RB26DETT.

I hope this car will make me a decent Skyline expert.

Don't laugh at my lame car please~

iloveskyline

Known Member
Nov 15, 2008
RB26DETT for GTR is 4 wheel run o? ur car can tahan RB26???=.=...u car only can 2 wheel nia..u sure need to pay many just can lo, i think la...i m not sure also...

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
RB26DETT for GTR is 4 wheel run o? ur car can tahan RB26???=.=...u car only can 2 wheel nia..u sure need to pay many just can lo, i think la...i m not sure also...
can use rb25det gearbox ma... so many people done it before...

KungFuMan

Known Member
Feb 7, 2008
Well, ya! The car is FR drive and I like to keep it that way.
Otherwise, if I convert it to AWD I'm gonna have to mode the chasis and it's gonna be illegal on the road.

My 1st option would be a R34 RB26DETT (any version will do), then a R34 GT-R 6 speed gearbox. In order to utilize 6-speed transmission I need the GT-R rear wheel axle. Am I right? I heard it's been done before and I would like to have it.

The second option would be R34 RB26DETT with R34 GT-T gearbox (5 speeds) or R33 GT-R (5 speeds).

The third option would be R33 RB26DETT along with the R33 gearbox.

Last option is just grab RB25DET with 5 speed gearbox.
But I up for more challenge from option 1.

It's the first step for me to learn about Skyline before owning a real GT-R (make it R34).

Can any Sifus comment on this please~

Show some pic lahh:adore:
No picture yet as I'm still in Cabinda, South Africa when they delivered my car. Also I'm too shy to post my car lerrrrr.....

Last edited:

Dr.D

500 RPM
Aug 28, 2005
Petaling Jaya
welcome to the 4 door godzilla's..hehehheehehe DINOsour/ Zuphorus.. is the president..:biggrin:

KungFuMan

Known Member
Feb 7, 2008
Great! This is sooooooo tits! Anybody has his Dinosour pump by R34 RB26DETT? Wanna share the sweet experience. He! He!

I talked to my sifu who build his GT-S coupe with RB25DET. He told me that it is impossible to run the car legally with 6-speed modification as R34 GT-R gearbox and rear axle is too big for GTT and GT-S. I have to 'bukak' the rear chasis 6inch wider and wield it which is JPJ don't really like it. Seems that I have to go with R33 GT-R or R34 GTT gearbox then.

Running on R34 RB26DETT may be too much for me. I wonder if I'm gonna waste a lot of 'muhney' and it may not really worth it as it is dedicated for R34 GT-R. Perhaps a R33 RB26DETT would do enough for me. I guess with this mode I can keep my long shaft, rear axle, and the oil sump.

Anyway, anybody know how much is a 'kedai potong' R34 RB26DETT complete engine only? I check out the brand new set cost around RM20K to RM25K without tax.

Last edited:

calvintys

Known Member
Sep 24, 2004
klang
Hi,

Dont need to waste your time sourcing for an RB26DETT R34 engine around here in Malaysia. If you can find any, the price will not be cheap. If i were you, get an R33 engine, with the balance money that you gona put in for the R34, replace it with forge piston and some after market parts.

If you are keen on a R34 engine, well i have a spare R34 engine in my garage. Let me know if you want it.

If you wana know about the price of a R34 engine selling in KL will be 15k. Just engine KOSONG.

Call me if you need any advice 017 671 8888. My R34 GTR just clock 100km. Been into all kind of trouble and replace 3 set of clutch. Replace most of my wear and tear parts. You name it, i change it.

Lucky i run my own workshop. hhahahahahhaa.. else i will be selling my ass on the street.

Cheers
Calvin

KungFuMan

Known Member
Feb 7, 2008
Hi,

Dont need to waste your time sourcing for an RB26DETT R34 engine around here in Malaysia. If you can find any, the price will not be cheap. If i were you, get an R33 engine, with the balance money that you gona put in for the R34, replace it with forge piston and some after market parts.

If you are keen on a R34 engine, well i have a spare R34 engine in my garage. Let me know if you want it.

If you wana know about the price of a R34 engine selling in KL will be 15k. Just engine KOSONG.

Call me if you need any advice 017 671 8888. My R34 GTR just clock 100km. Been into all kind of trouble and replace 3 set of clutch. Replace most of my wear and tear parts. You name it, i change it.

Lucky i run my own workshop. hhahahahahhaa.. else i will be selling my ass on the street.

Cheers
Calvin
This is so tits! RM15k sound fairly enough for me. Will come to you when I come back to Malaysia for a little chit chat. I would love to have R34 GT-R engine in my HR34. It's for 'study' purpose frankly. He! He! How's the engine condition?

Do, you mean your spare R34 GT-R engine that clock 100km or your car GT-R?

Cheers bro and a happy new year!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Wiper blades are like squeegees. The arms of the wiper drag a thin rubber strip across the windshield to clear away the water.

When the blade is new, the rubber is clean and has no nicks or cracks. It wipes the water away without leaving streaks. When the wiper blades age, nicks or cracks form, road grime builds up on the edge and it doesn't make as tight a seal against the window, so it leaves streaks. Sometimes you can get a little extra life out of your wiper blade by wiping the edge...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience