My KE70 project

Acoustic

1,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Hong Kong
www.my-acoustic.com
edy, my ke70 chassis falling apart with regular 110hp engine. if you put turbo make sure strengthen chassis kau kau

edy

Known Member
Mar 23, 2005
malacca
Ke70

Testerday I Wet To Chop Shop At Batu Caves N Selayang ... Found Eng Lantai 20b But Not Complete ..

However I Ve Bought Rear Lsd Gear Box N Disk Brek For The Project - Rm 1200 !! ... Koyak Laaa ...

Now I Am Looking For Ae86 Complete Eng N Wiring .

Nos-7agte ,

What Is 13b Bro !! 20b !! , Sorry Bro I Am Newbies Laa ....

Rollakid ,

Yep ... I Do Think Ae86 Is Enough Laa .... For Startes !! He ... He ..

Acoustic ,

Turbo For My Gl !! Aaarggghh ... Not Enough $$ ..... Bro ... Wat Eng U Using Haa ...

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
edy,

13b and 20b are mazda rotary engines. abit overkill for ke70 unless you strengthen your chasis. 13b NA would be nice enough if you ask me :D especially the renesis one. but you'll broke your bank buying the engine AND your wallet when refueling :rofl:

ae86 enough for all the time, nto just for "startes". unless you wan drag nothing i can say. ae86 4ag alot of mod for you to go over 200hp too.. but it won't be streetable.

Acoustic in China!!! use bicycle... *cabut*

edy

Known Member
Mar 23, 2005
malacca
bro ... expensive ka to upgade Ae86 eng up to 200 hp ....

just wondering laa .... if i ve got luck draw then up grade lerr ... he he ...

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
edy said:
bro ... expensive ka to upgade Ae86 eng up to 200 hp ....

just wondering laa .... if i ve got luck draw then up grade lerr ... he he ...

:rofl:

might as well go buy a new car or something, summore i bet you'll need racing fuel to get the full power...

r47107

Mar 17, 2006
Rollkid,

where the workshop for your conversion? I also got KE and now doing some bodywork and plan to do conversion very soon. BTW I need some info, how much is the half cut of 4 AGE 16V and the W/S upah?

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
r47107 said:
Rollkid,

where the workshop for your conversion? I also got KE and now doing some bodywork and plan to do conversion very soon. BTW I need some info, how much is the half cut of 4 AGE 16V and the W/S upah?
hi r47107,

firstly, i live in kuching sarawak, so where i do my conversion might be abit useless for you.

i bought my engine from EFN, and alot of the remaining parts from local chop shop (prob of not getting a halfcut... sigh~). so i dun really knwo price of halfcuts, but i do heard from my friend few months ago an ae86 halfcut up for sell locally here in kuching for over rm4k *pengsan* but good thing is that its a direct swap to ke70, less headache.. might end up cheaper as well.

Acoustic

1,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Hong Kong
www.my-acoustic.com
16v version haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

got 20v pics or not?

rollakid said:

:rofl:

might as well go buy a new car or something, summore i bet you'll need racing fuel to get the full power...

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
20v dun have lar~ already got ITB, no need inner shim kit, and toda din make ecu for 20v what.. only some parts...

eh, just asking, full set 20v piston rings cost how much ar? stock or aftermarket dun care lar.. now engine abit eat oil...

r47107

Mar 17, 2006
rollakid said:
hi r47107,

firstly, i live in kuching sarawak, so where i do my conversion might be abit useless for you.

i bought my engine from EFN, and alot of the remaining parts from local chop shop (prob of not getting a halfcut... sigh~). so i dun really knwo price of halfcuts, but i do heard from my friend few months ago an ae86 halfcut up for sell locally here in kuching for over rm4k *pengsan* but good thing is that its a direct swap to ke70, less headache.. might end up cheaper as well.
Thaks for the reply, just wanna clarify a few thing b4 go into action:

a) Front disk brek - Can I change to AE86 the whole brake together with master cylinder without modification?

b) Radiator - can we used the stock one ?
c) Fan - Of course the stock one can't be used which car is compatible?
d) Fuel Tank - Do we need to change to AE86 one?
e) Gear box /axle/cross over member - Change to AE86 rite?
f) Clutch how?

Anything else do I miss. Thanks..:regular_smile:

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
r47107 said:
a) Front disk brek - Can I change to AE86 the whole brake together with master cylinder without modification?
for my case, master cylinder bolt straight in without any modification (that i know). AE86's front suspension is slightly different, but i guess most mechanic will know how to put them in no problem (i'm still using stock brakes and suspension)

r47107 said:
b) Radiator - can we used the stock one ?
stock ke70 radiator is abit too small for 4age, especially when both engine's and aircond's radiator stack together, so during afternoon you switch on the aircond and wait at the traffic light, your engine will go overheat in 5 minutes (at least for my 20v thats the case, dunno about 16v)

r47107 said:
c) Fan - Of course the stock one can't be used which car is compatible?
my mech just find me some fan that seems to fit, if you can find ae86 halfcut then just use everything that is from the halfcut.

r47107 said:
d) Fuel Tank - Do we need to change to AE86 one?
yes you need it. either that or you have to find and external (preferably) fuel pump but then you must keep like at least 10 liter of petrol in the fuel tank or else your pump will have problem sucking petrol when your car corner, unless you have a fuel surge tank.

r47107 said:
e) Gear box /axle/cross over member - Change to AE86 rite?
yes, although i've seen on some website saying k50 can still be used; axle i'm still using stock ke70's; crossmember sifu acoustic mention last time that stock ke70 crossmember can be used, but i'm using ae86's

r47107 said:
f) Clutch how?
just use the clutch come with the engine.
r47107 said:
Anything else do I miss. Thanks..:regular_smile:
fuel line. you will need bigger fuel pipe since 4ag uses more fuel.

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
guys, need opinion & experience from all of you:

anyone here running their silvertop without o2 sensor before? how much more fuel is consumed if the ecu is running open loop all the time?

its been 2 weeks since my car is done transplanting the engine (well, partially, the car can run on the road now...). I pump around 32.5liter of petrol into the car, rm60+, assuming there's still a few liter left in the tank almost empty.

now i've only run about 230+km and the fuel tank is empty again. thats insane man.. 30++liter petrol go 230km?? and exhaust fume smell like unburn petrol. fuel line is 8-10mm copper pipe (din know the exact diameter, just roughly), fuel presure regulator seems to be stock. I'm using 4-1 header 1.5"-1.9" then after the header i'm still using my stock 4k exhaust/muffler. and 90% of the time i drive slowly and normally..

so, is this only the fault of the lack of a sensor? can be fix with just an o2 sensor?

DaRk_AnG3L

Known Member
Apr 4, 2005
KuChInG
Whew, finally free...

Thx for the ride during autokhana day chris... butt-dyno tested tauhu2's SVT yesterday... no seats inside his yet... so sit on bare metal above his header... haha... Power wise IMHO, cos tauhu2 changed his flow and exhaust piping, seems better... his suspension setup is also much harder and meant for performance... when u gonna upgrade the rest of ur car chris? =)

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
power wise surely his one better lar, got a few main point

- HIS CAR IS STRIPPED!!
- he use 4-2-1 header, me use 4-1, and that day i didn't even rev high, so lower torque
- his final drive is way better than mine, mine don't even have much acceleration

yeah he told me about it yesterday, say he amaze how you hold yourself inside the car XD. when i upgrade the rest of the car ar? haiyo not so fast lar no money, tauhu start his project like 2 years already me baru 1month+ dun rush me lar XD no money also.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

does anyone noe da max spring diameter can a satria take at the rear????

those original satria rear suspension mount, can take wat diameter? anyone noes? urgent...!!! coz i hav a tein HA, which uses a taper styled spring, its smaller diameter at da bottom n bigger on the top...its 70mm at bottom 90mm on da top...

http://www.jaydm.com/tein/standard.htm - can refer ere for da type of spring im talkin bout

thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience