My first car - Satria neo or 2nd Satria 1.3 ?

jamis

Dec 2, 2003
Hi guys, i m planning to get a car soon, and therefore i m considering to get a satria neo or may be a 2nd hand satria 1.3.

If i m getting a new satria neo, i will be most probably getting a L-Line (or may be M-Line) (ard 42k i guess) with a repayment of rm600+ for 5 yrs.

Consideration : heard alot of issue with the car - high FC (should be ok aft 10k mileage?) , and bad response on low rpm throttle.

So my question for satria neo is that, is there any modification or anything that i can do to solve the issue ( i mean with reasonable price)? How about the CPS? does it really help in those flaws? or it increase torque and FC increase as well?

Ok, my second consideration is to get a second hand 1.3 satria yr 2000 and above. The cost running ard 13k -17k so most probably just get it by cash. However, old car yet still a old car (yes that day i went out to customer site, my fren's car (isware aeroback) broke down in the middle of the road during 12pm- tats a double consideration for me now) so problems do occur and maintanence wise it will cost abit but somehow it is still cheaper than getting a new car thou (if i put it as new car less maintenance fee but comes with great price and old car comes with lower price but with higher maintenance). Oh ya before i forgot, 1.3 should have lower FC too in this case.

I really need ur guy's precious opinion on my first car. THX A MILLION IN ADVANCE :adore::adore:

Last edited:

andrew lsp

Known Member
Mar 26, 2006
go for neo use a suitable engine oil and filter (drop in), exhaust the car will behave very nice for you

frank118

Known Member
Feb 7, 2009
How to compare bro..???

Price so much difference. You have to have a cap off.

I have a Neo MT and FC is not bad...with light mods...FC isnt that bad, comparable to the MYVI.

I forsee, if you get the satria 1.3, you would probably be changing the engine very, very soon...then its decisions, decisions..mivec 1.8? turbo? non-turbo? ect ect...

Haha...have fun...

EGNINE

500 RPM
Jan 8, 2006
buy a sgti la..quite cheap nowday..oo pls buy a virgin Sgti hehe

frank118

Known Member
Feb 7, 2009
Yes...good advise from EG9...its a good platform for mods and dont get tired of it so soon...

jamis

Dec 2, 2003
go for neo use a suitable engine oil and filter (drop in), exhaust the car will behave very nice for you
Note taken. Will it be better if i use an open pod?

How to compare bro..???

Price so much difference. You have to have a cap off.

I have a Neo MT and FC is not bad...with light mods...FC isnt that bad, comparable to the MYVI.

I forsee, if you get the satria 1.3, you would probably be changing the engine very, very soon...then its decisions, decisions..mivec 1.8? turbo? non-turbo? ect ect...

Haha...have fun...
Is either one time commitment and throw the rest for future enhancement or maintenance or long term commitment hehe. MYVI auto FC is worse than neo MT? Tats a very good headup for me, now i got a vote on neo lol.

About the engine transplante may be it will come into later stage ( when i tired of pushing that 4g13 hehe.

buy a sgti la..quite cheap nowday..oo pls buy a virgin Sgti hehe
Yes...good advise from EG9...its a good platform for mods and dont get tired of it so soon...
I did consider tat before and Putra was in my list too. But somehow the price for a second hand car for me is sort of out of my quota ( 2nd hand car mostly 18k <). Summore nowadays those stupid theives love gti so so so dayum much.

shawnho

Known Member
Mar 31, 2009
i would recommend u to buy a neo instead of a satria 1.3. Firstly its newer so it should not cost u to much problem unlike the satria 1.3 there's no telling when will it give u problem. And the neo also prove to have better handling unlike the satria 1.3 which is not good at all. HAHA. Neo no doubt has a smaller wheelbase then the satria but that is not a big problem. So i just go for the NEO.... :driver:

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
i would recommend u to buy a neo instead of a satria 1.3. Firstly its newer so it should not cost u to much problem unlike the satria 1.3 there's no telling when will it give u problem. And the neo also prove to have better handling unlike the satria 1.3 which is not good at all. HAHA. Neo no doubt has a smaller wheelbase then the satria but that is not a big problem. So i just go for the NEO.... :driver:
wait till satria owners see this hehe just put on ur flamesuit first kekekekeke

have u driven a satria b4? simple stuff like front/fender/rear 3 point bars, nice low profile tires on 15 inch rims, and it corners so well

if it had no potential i dont think r3 would have given it a second look, eh? and even came up with a few stages of satria r3s?

not saying the neo dusnt handle well, what im saying is how did u come up with the conclusion that a satria sux so bad at cornering?

frank118

Known Member
Feb 7, 2009
I have had the NEO for about 7 months now and I still enjoy driving it.

So its always wise to have first hand then second hand ma...just like chicks...hhaaaha

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
I have had the NEO for about 7 months now and I still enjoy driving it.

So its always wise to have first hand then second hand ma...just like chicks...hhaaaha

very true, lesser headaches, less chance of problems

for me la, i would go the new car route if budget permits, and if i plan to keep it relatively standard for quite a while, with minor mods here n there

however if purpose is to get a car to soup up kaw kaw where most ori parts will be replaced, then id go for a cheap, baseline satria

im actually very impressed with satria neo and its achievements on track...superb handling car also that one

if u notice, the doors and the side of the rear is quite high (higher than others in same class like satria 4g/civic) , making the windows slitely shorter...metal covering more area, this prolly adds to the rigidity a lil bit? hence good handling? haha just wondering

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
1st of all :

what u want??

how much money u have for modifications??

2nd :

the newer the car model, the more expensive parts will be.

older models has abundant of parts.

all voice down to your OWN personal preferance :smokin:

jamis

Dec 2, 2003
Thx for all the replies ppl, been bz lately, sorry about the late reply.

Wat i need ? is actually i need a car for my working purposes. Therefore i have this 2 cars in my mind (choose based on look and price)

For modification wise, at this moment i wont do much, as most of my money will go for the car by cash(second hand).

The reason why i m choosing 2nd car is that, coz i have owas THINK of working oversea, so i dont know how long will i stay in malaysia so... based on that, i would leave without worry too much about my loan and stuff. Somehow there will always be work around for new car, may be i can sell it or may be pass to my family to loan it (this is less likely).

For maintenance wise, will buffer up at least 1k for emergency (ofcoz needs a few month of saving) and as well for the road tax and insurance.

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
then u shud just buy satria 1.3 for cash, should be less then 10k..

am pretty sure a NEO will be around 30-40+k region.

jamis

Dec 2, 2003
icic, anyway thanks for the suggestion guys, will make up my mind and once i got the car (still looking for 2nd hand satria), i will update u guys. Thanks alot for the replies. cheers ppl.

Bump: icic, anyway thanks for the suggestion guys, will make up my mind and once i got the car (still looking for 2nd hand satria), i will update u guys. Thanks alot for the replies. cheers ppl.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I just wanna post this..

Just in case some of u didn't know about this..

Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri

Maaf Zahir Batin

Drive safely :wink:

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience