peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching

y2188

Known Member
Jan 4, 2016
Petaling Jaya
Oh, so you are using 4G91. Still, you got more valves and an extra cam compared to me, hahaha.

Your real name exposed, so it is sort of easy to identify you at fb. Perhaps you might know my name at fb too I guess.
Was on 4G91 last time, imho for daily drive torquey lower end are always a plus, you'll be sick of it when you always have to downshift to get power :bawling:

4G91's top end are better though, stock 4G15 ran out of breath pretty early.

Not too sure which one is you, just guessing only hahah

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Was on 4G91 last time, imho for daily drive torquey lower end are always a plus, you'll be sick of it when you always have to downshift to get power :bawling:

4G91's top end are better though, stock 4G15 ran out of breath pretty early.

Not too sure which one is you, just guessing only hahah
Last time on 4G91, now on what engine?

4G15's top end is limited by its single cam.

I thought you already know which one is me, hahaha.

y2188

Known Member
Jan 4, 2016
Petaling Jaya
Last time on 4G91, now on what engine?

4G15's top end is limited by its single cam.

I thought you already know which one is me, hahaha.
93 bro. actually just an extractor would helped it breath better i think. single cam can make power also bro hahha imho cam designs play a bigger role.

roughly only lah haha not too sure

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
93 bro. actually just an extractor would helped it breath better i think. single cam can make power also bro hahha imho cam designs play a bigger role.

roughly only lah haha not too sure
A full exhaust piping mod should improve the top end you mean? Changing cam will shift the power band..

By the way, Happy Chinese New Year to you. :biggrin:

y2188

Known Member
Jan 4, 2016
Petaling Jaya
A full exhaust piping mod should improve the top end you mean? Changing cam will shift the power band..

By the way, Happy Chinese New Year to you. :biggrin:
Yeap, extractor and appropriate sized piping would definitely help it breath better. That's the con of having "strong top end" , you can't have both lol.

Happy new year to you too, cheers. :biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yeap, extractor and appropriate sized piping would definitely help it breath better. That's the con of having "strong top end" , you can't have both lol.

Happy new year to you too, cheers. :biggrin:
Actually, do air filter upgrade even changes anything in low powered NA engines like 4G15? I'm quite skeptical about its effectiveness... Might as well stick with original filter?

Some say any upgrades to intake or exhaust must be accompanied together.

y2188

Known Member
Jan 4, 2016
Petaling Jaya
Actually, do air filter upgrade even changes anything in low powered NA engines like 4G15? I'm quite skeptical about its effectiveness... Might as well stick with original filter?

Some say any upgrades to intake or exhaust must be accompanied together.
I think it does feel easier for the revs to climb, but extractor would make a bigger difference.

Yeah, it does go hand in hand hahah personally i would go for extractor for the first upgrade

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I think it does feel easier for the revs to climb, but extractor would make a bigger difference.

Yeah, it does go hand in hand hahah personally i would go for extractor for the first upgrade
Agree with you. Extractor mod first before air filter.

I actually tried before running without air filter for a short while. No noticeable improvements except the crazily loud induction sound.

y2188

Known Member
Jan 4, 2016
Petaling Jaya
Agree with you. Extractor mod first before air filter.

I actually tried before running without air filter for a short while. No noticeable improvements except the crazily loud induction sound.
Since you said your exhaust needs replacing, change the extractor also while you're at it :biggrin:

Oddly for my car the pull is stronger without air filter lol probably my air filter suck balls

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Since you said your exhaust needs replacing, change the extractor also while you're at it :biggrin:

Oddly for my car the pull is stronger without air filter lol probably my air filter suck balls
Yeah, extractor wasn't very expensive. A good idea to do it. How about that midbox/bullet thing? Ignore or do it?

Maybe DOHC does make some difference. Izso once written a post about air filter before over here. He did said air filter din't make much difference for his 4G15.

Here it is.
http://zerotohundred.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=445126&page=8

and here

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=439219&page=2

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I got a pair of flip mirror(AE92) + relay + switch.
My car dont have this flip system before.
I want to test all the parts together wether it works or not before installed into the car.
Any idea how to test it?
Any wiring diagram?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience