my dear dudes.. I need ur Full support

DJ-EVO3

Known Member
Sep 25, 2004
Sri hatamas
Visit site
I'm thinking of getting one due to.. all my problems can be gone by this..

but I don have much knowledge about this and.. the price is quite costy..

it's bit burden for me..

-LT4 piggyback ecu (Microtech)

-SMT6

-Perfect Power piggy back..

all those are suitable for evo3.. that's what I heard.. how much the prices

are about (second hand as I can't afford brand new one.. and is it ok to get

a second hand?) which work shop is quite suitable to go and trustable..

please let me know..

ps. please don tell me to call somebody for this time..
I just need ur opinion this time :)

trade

Sep 28, 2004
oh.. I just forgot that one..

installation includes Dyno test... how much will that be?

cssm88

Nov 18, 2004
Pray tell what problems you are facing now.

Unless your halfcut doesn't come with the stock ecu, you should not have any reasons to switch to aftermarket ones. Trust me, your problems will not be solved with the aftermarket ecu. It is just the beginning of your problems.

AlucarD

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2004
bro, try to solve your problems first before jumping in to a piggy... depends on you needs, you might not need a full management. Anyway, my 2 cents..

LT4x - can do fuel only. I sold a friend's one with handset for RM1xxx. Try LT8.

SMT6 = Perfect Power - This is a good piggy hard to get 2nd hand. Try e-bay, sometimes you get lucky. Last week a new unit went for USD2xx complete kit.

SAFCII + ITC combo is ok but less mapping point than the SMT. Used SAFCII = RM800 / ITC = RM600. Relatively easy to source

Unichip - RM18xx(new)?? for turbo. Almost same as SMT also hard to get a used unit.

I suggest you go find a reputable tuner first, talk to him on what are your needs and targets. Then get him to suggest the hardware. Someone once told me to choose the tuner not the hardware. Your piggy is only as good as the tuner can let it be. Good Luck!

e39a

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
OZ
Visit site
alucard bro...u oso going to gt ar??? :D

be careful with taiko sdf...he sure main ur belakang wan... :blink:

SDF

missing her so much
Nov 19, 2003
KL, Malaysia
i not like u lar e39.... planta king...

AlucarD

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2004
The VR4 King has spoken ...... I must get ready chastity belt and avoid picking up stuff at gt when taikor sdf around .... :o :huh:

I kena poison by Toby oledi ... he say he getting full haltech ready for me!! ... :blink:

SDF

missing her so much
Nov 19, 2003
KL, Malaysia
muhahahahahahahahaa.....all kena racun... :P

wellcome to the club !

oh..BTW..VR4 king = e39a... ;)

DJ-EVO3

Known Member
Sep 25, 2004
Sri hatamas
Visit site
Thanks bros.. ur help is much appreciated...

I'm glad someone like u guys giving me those kinda precious comments

from ur experiences.. thanks again..

U mind If I ask u guys to read out my other threads in this colum here..

there are the my problems..

- bit jerking

- engine oil is bit leaking from somewhere top.. not from bottom oil seal parts last
time. I didn lift up the car and checked out nowaday but I check amount of
engine oil by the long test stick. it's normal.

- my car is bit slow... boost is normal but...

cssm88

Nov 18, 2004
And you need an aftermarket ecu for the problems you have. You must be very rich.

- Jerking as in ??? It can mean alot of things.

- Oil leak... bring it to the workshop to troubleshoot or trace the oil leak yourself.

- a bit slow. Buy a boost controller, raise your boost to 2bar and change your
stock turbines to a Greddy GT30/33 or similar. Guarantee won't be slow anymore.

From what you have said, it seems like you are running a tad bit rich. Get it dynoed with a/f readings to confirm. Start from there. No point buying all the good stuff when your car don't need it.

If you have plenty of money, please do your bit for the Chinese in Acheh affected by the tsunami. They are being bullied.

alantan

3,000 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
kl
Visit site
Originally posted by cssm88@Jan 5 2005, 08:45
And you need an aftermarket ecu for the problems you have. You must be very rich.

- Jerking as in ??? It can mean alot of things.

- Oil leak... bring it to the workshop to troubleshoot or trace the oil leak yourself.

- a bit slow. Buy a boost controller, raise your boost to 2bar and change your
stock turbines to a Greddy GT30/33 or similar. Guarantee won't be slow anymore.

From what you have said, it seems like you are running a tad bit rich. Get it dynoed with a/f readings to confirm. Start from there. No point buying all the good stuff when your car don't need it.

If you have plenty of money, please do your bit for the Chinese in Acheh affected by the tsunami. They are being bullied.
hmm..thoughni don;t know much about piggy back or EFI but i do agree with what other say

Your piggy is only as good as the tuner can let it be

No point buying all the good stuff when your car don't need it.

and car jerking means alot though..
do some minor checkups on throttle body, a/f tuning

and what had leakings got to do with ECU?hmm..check the leak...clean your engine bay and locate the leaks...hardworking abit. :)

Battousai

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
www.durifto.blogspot.com
CSSM88: I think as a newcomer here you should be more polite.

DJ-EVO3: Don't go anywhere near 2 bar of boost without proper tuning. For your jerking problem, start with the basics. Check your ignition system (plugs, cables, etc) and your fuel system (pressure, fuel filter etc)

Oil leaks are easy to trace. Just look for wet, dirty spots on your engine.

cssm88

Nov 18, 2004
battousai, how am I not being polite. Dude, we are living in a free world. Whether a person is new to a forum or not, it doesn't matter. If postings which you feel are rude, stop reading and don't respond.

Here I am trying to give someone a good piece of advice and I get accused of not being polite. We are all adults here [or some], no need formalities like good morning, good bye, thank you, etc. Get the drift.

When was the last time giving advise not polite!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Greetings all! How are you?

I believe all the forumners here dreams or owns their own sport car. Its inevitable for us not dream to get own one. Same goes to me. I ever dream it since child where during my childhood, I used to live in the era of Evo 4-6, Mazda RX7, Skyline R32, R32, Silvia S14, Fairlady 300ZX, Mitsubishi FTO and GZTO and etc where I saw all these kind of sport cars in movies, car magazines and for sure on the road.

So, I make promise to myself that I gonna get this...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience