MRS ZZW 30 owners discussion thread

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
whatever stock locally i heard was already sold. from what i know with the yen being up& up. dont think the guys are willing to stock up. most owners not willing to buy then too.

wkt300

May 26, 2009
whatever stock locally i heard was already sold. from what i know with the yen being up& up. dont think the guys are willing to stock up. most owners not willing to buy then too.
Sad to hear that.

s.r

May 28, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi

Hello for everybody here. Im a newbie, not really a car enthusiast, but i love driving.
And people refer MX-5, Lotus or MRS has the best handling, yet affordable car to own.

Mx-5 are old, and Lotus are bit expensive, so it left MR-S as the best choice for me to get.

But, may i ask,

1. is it okay to use it as daily car? (im in sales, so i drive a lot in a day)
2. how is the fuel consumption like?
3. the maintenance.. is the parts expensive and easy to get?

these 3 question been playing around my head quite sometime. i really hope Sifu's here could help me on this, or i just go with local's : Neo CPS ( :( )

Thank u! :)

lowyiyang

Nov 11, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hi all sifus for mr2/mrs,

I'm looking for a car, and I do not want to start like all my peers, owning a myvi or saga. I really want to get a MR-S manual (SMT seems like spoil fast?), the part is, I have a few questions :

1. How much do I really need? (loan wise, I est. 70/80%?). So I need roughly 18k for dp?
2. Maintenance cost, how much do I need to save for a month/year to upkeep it?
3. Who can I trust to buy? The group here would be quite close to each other =)

Please advice.

Thank you.

Regards,

Yang

dr_snape_79

500 RPM
Sep 10, 2006
Perak
hi all sifus for mr2/mrs,

I'm looking for a car, and I do not want to start like all my peers, owning a myvi or saga. I really want to get a MR-S manual (SMT seems like spoil fast?), the part is, I have a few questions :

1. How much do I really need? (loan wise, I est. 70/80%?). So I need roughly 18k for dp?
2. Maintenance cost, how much do I need to save for a month/year to upkeep it?
3. Who can I trust to buy? The group here would be quite close to each other =)

Please advice.

Thank you.

Regards,

Yang
Hi bro,

Glad to hear u would like to get MRS. Happy hunting for it. For all the info u can PM to our great sifu MRMIC2. U can ask everything to him.:driver::driver:

lowyiyang

Nov 11, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
wow fast reply bro,

I was expecting 1~2month's time reply as the last post was in jan..so how much do I really need? RM20k? I gotta start "collecting" cash >.<

fishie

Known Member
Oct 16, 2006
pass by...
wanna ask where can i get hardtop? asking on behalf of a mrs new owner
and where to tune his unichip.

thanks

Last edited:

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
to the question from s.r, mr-s is for anyone & everyone who loves driving, for sales person honestly, it may be difficult if you need to haul a lot of items & in a rush to find car park. most sportcar owners wont want to park their lovely ride, to inconvenient places :proud:

being a soft top, most of us do chose a well-lit areas & convenient safe parking, if you know what i mean. but it doesnt stop anyone from enjoying the thrill of the ride.

consumption is very good as being in a variable valve these days, it helps a lot compared to the older engines. it's not all powerfull in hp numbers but its good power-to-weight. able to quite eeasily tag with powerful cars twice the hp during touge runs. if open road such a open highways...err better choose straightline turbo cars for the kicks.

lowyiyang, i've covered this in my blogspot & numerous forums. (it's quite lengthy to repost, :driver: else the moderators need to remind the need to save bandwith) *my signature

fishie, are you nick (FB)? havent u tried RS motorsports (unichip)?

hard top, hard to come by but i think there might be one for rm7k/ sg $2.8k

Last edited:

lowyiyang

Nov 11, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Dear Koolspyda,

Saw your blogspot! Will read through it, and hopefully I can save enough to buy one end year >.< really keen owning a car like this but damn scared as I am not experienced enough to take care of cars like these. i really wanna try.

if there's anything can i pm you?

thanks ya

regards

yang

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
many of us were newbie at some point ago, which is why i encourage the network of car club/spyder fraternity. back then when i had my first AW11 supercharger, there were none , no internet too & finding someone to pass know how was hard.

so as long one has the passion & interest the knowledge comes when you have an eager mind. (of course over time you will know also how to differenciate bs too)

blog was written a while back so the prices found may differ (as one can easily scout over the car sales section to check current prices)

get a hyperrev for mr-s (jap mag on mr-s). its quite dated (printed in yr 2000) & it will help to fuel the passion even more!!

tons of forums from mr-s, its known as mr2 roadster in europe & mr2 spyder in US.
if you speak italian, or german, or french, or dutch or even portugis; there are such forums !!

my signature has a facebook link, happy saving for it.

lowyiyang

Nov 11, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
ya i saw it! i save up now and really aim to buy end year..i dont wanna own it after i reach 30, i want to drive it young haha.

no i cant speak foreign languages, although my office got a few of them hehe.

appreciate your help a lot, i will do more research before diving in, i cannot be so implusive =)

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
yeah, one shouldnt be rash/impulse buying. as i have mention while the mr-s is for anyone, there are those who err, likes/has different criteria/idea of the likes.

these days with the easily available net, its easy to find info.

but i must first offer a mild warning; hook up with us & you will be infected with moditis & it can burn a hole on your wallet. [it's addictive]

fishie

Known Member
Oct 16, 2006
Koolspyda,
Haha.. I am not nick, just one of his friends.
Heard your story.. Wanna grab info from you bout my car when we meet.. Of coz bring nick along
Trying to poison him.. Tho poisoned by the other fren d..

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
joining supergt car parade?

its somewhere in sth u need to register, there are few mr-s going. havent been able to see the mr2. all sport cars are welcome.

lots of super cars are lining up too

else, we usually do badminton on mondays (5-7 spyder owners), lots of inpromtu tt's, drives on weekends.

spyder's motto > its a good damn open top sports car, go drive it!! :driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Don't know if this is the correct place to ask this question..

Well, I need some help choosing muffler tip.
I'm a vios driver with auto tranny.
What kind of muffler should I choose?

Cause I went to a shop and they have this M7 muffler and Racecraft muffler which both is good but yet pricy !

And I saw somewhere in the internet they promote their exhaust shop too..
But the price is half more cheaper.. And I asked them what's the brand and they answer me they don't tag brands for...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience