More proof of Jeremy Clarkson's literary genius

davidv00

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2006
Selangor

It is well known that the inimitable Jeremy Clarkson has a way with words. Especially when they're uncomplimentary. In fact, as a measure of how much his wit can hurt, when Clarkson actually does give a compliment, a carmaker might simply be happier about not getting roasted than about getting a good review.

The London Times has posted a dozen delicious lines from various Clarkson reviews for those who need a gleeful laugh to round out their Saturday. You don't even need to be told who wrote them, because who couldn't identify the scribe in question from the scent of just this one line: "If you were to buy a 6-series, I recommend you select reverse when leaving friends' houses so they don't see its backside." (BMW 645 Ci, #11).

One of the great things about Clarkson is that he doesn't spare any carmaker his thoughts on everything. The Ferrari 599 (#12) and Maserati Quattroporte (#1) take their lumps alongside Kia (#3) and Perodua (#5). One of our favorites: "I'm choosing the words for my conclusion with even more care than usual. So here goes. The 1-series is crap." (#2) As always with Clarkson, it's well worth more than just one read.

Source: The London Times

Grixism

Known Member
Mar 11, 2005
KLTN/VIRGINIA
Visit site
Literary genius???:X-:

IMO,

he ain't no genius..he just know how to spins and turns the words inside out just like what Tsuchiya did with F50, jeremy thinks only his arse is the best..and of course, almost anything that is british derived.:confused_smile:

elsm80

Known Member
Mar 21, 2006
errr...one more thing, at least he's patriotic, can't say the same for you.

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
Its one man's views. Some agree, some don't. I like to read it and have a good laugh. One thing though, his standards for cars is sky high, which is a good thing, as you push the envelope... but its comments that don't really represent the masses... i mean, he says the 6 series rear is ugly and u should be ashamed of it. But in reality who will be ashamed to drive away in a new 6 series? especially here in Malaysia....

davidv00

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2006
Selangor
well, sometimes i simply like a few episodes of his demolition just for fun or for a laugher nothing serious.

if his par is the benchmark to purchasing any cars, i guess here majority is not proton by European cars d.

rusifiz

Known Member
Nov 15, 2005
kl-sban
www.fgsn9.com
he's sarcastically funny.. you can listen/read his words for good laugh.. but indeed, his standard is a bit biased, least to say..

some points can be taken seriously but some are just for laugh.. ^_^

Grixism

Known Member
Mar 11, 2005
KLTN/VIRGINIA
Visit site
You think you could do better?

and i guess u can do better than me?

it's my opinion cos i don't like him as u do.get it?and its seem that you like him sooooo much that can't afford people hate him.

his words is good for laugh and creative but he condemned almost everything:confused_smile:

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
That's entirely your opinion, of course.

And my opinion, is that yours is an entirely one sided (biased) view of Clarkson as a journalist/tv personality.

davidv00

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2006
Selangor
well, journalism is a form of reporting of information, its up to the readers to determine the ingenuity and reliabilities of the info.

to me, i take it as partial reference of automotive knowledge and partial as entertainment. JC (Jeremy Clarkson) also have to bring in some entertainment values on the show in order to keep the readers/viewers happy.

drMpower

May 1, 2006
hoohooo

Personally his reviews are a great read, never fail to read them every week on CBT.
well, you can simply read that in advance by go to sundaytimes.co.uk.

infact, there are some that so long that even CBT had to cut several lines toward the end.

as for jeremy, my time and laugh are for him. what a guy.

wanna informations? read the manual. that would be very helpful.

AXXeLL

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Subang
Visit site
Hahahah Check this out what he said about Perodua..

"This is without doubt the worst car, not just in its category but in the world. Over three years it will cost you 13.5p per mile. This makes it the cheapest car to run. Fine, but the cheapest house is a small tent. It has a top speed of 88mph but takes so long to reach it that no one has ever lived long enough to verify the claim, the inside is tackier than Anthea Turner’s wedding and you don’t want to think what would happen if it bumped into a lamppost. Also its name sounds like a disease."

p/s. sorry for Perodua Kelisa owners... nothing personal aight

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi to all sifus and otais..
I have one problem with my wira 1.5. I just change lower from ori to EVO 3 lower arm and ARB (Anti Roll Bar). The problem is when I make a turn, the ARB will hit my chasis. Then I cut the stabilizer link and I add another 0.5 inci of metal (batang besi) to make stabilizer link longer to be same as waja and the problem solved. My question are is there any stabilizer link that have 9.5 inchi lenght? Why I didn't use waja stabilizer link? Because the head not...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience