More Power From Your Exhaust

kweng84

2,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2005
PUCHONG
www.zerotohundred.com
Yeah, CAT is there to filter off the bad gases. Which type of the midbox that it comes with? got pic? to choose between midbox and bullet...i will choose bullet. Bullet gives more torque (measured by own feeling actually). Thus, it can be debated for which is better though.

Regarding LMST, the bassy sound can be reduced by exchanging the original midbox with bullet. I witness the difference with the original bass and the bass after changing to a inner-spiral type bullet(Zenden). Just my 2 cents for those who having headache with lmst exhaust sound ;)

cTrulez

Apr 26, 2006
hi guys, i'm driving a saga 1.5l auto, can anyone tell me wat extractor and how many inch piping i could use, i jus change the muffler not long.. any advise

kweng84

2,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2005
PUCHONG
www.zerotohundred.com
Zenden 421 extractor(get from kent20) and i think u shouldnt change ur pipings ler..else, your pick up will loss...

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
cTrulez said:
hi guys, i'm driving a saga 1.5l auto, can anyone tell me wat extractor and how many inch piping i could use, i jus change the muffler not long.. any advise
4-2-1 extractor..... 1.75" piping should be fine.... dont get the straight piping, use back ur original piping route.....:regular_smile:

cheers....

Feb 3, 2006
i"don know about this, but for my observation & story from some trusted people, why the big size pipe are used by a turbo engine, because they want to let lose the presure faster so they unharm the turbo when the engine at max rpm. But for the na engine there are many reson to used short pipe, or big mufler. For xample drag racer used a short pipe to get max rpm at a short time. But for daly used i sugest u not to used too big pipe for the na engine. using much smaller pipe might couse little damage to engine because of the back presure is to high. Na enrine need back presure but not to high back presure. Anyway this is just a tougt. So correct me if i'am worng.

broken sword

Feb 17, 2006
SkYwAlKeR said:
4-2-1 extractor..... 1.75" piping should be fine.... dont get the straight piping, use back ur original piping route.....:regular_smile:

cheers....
wats the standard piping size for 1.5 wira, 1.75" is recomended for upgrading?

kweng84

2,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2005
PUCHONG
www.zerotohundred.com
brokensword: 1.5 wira should be 1.5". 1.75" is the max that u can upgrade. It depends on you bro, if you upgrade to 1.75" , you will lose a bit of your pick up as there will be slight increase of back pressure which causes restriction to your exhaust flow(backpressure has been explained in some topics). The advantage that you gain is middle end power means better throttle response when u r driving more than 90 (highway use). It is the same as you change ur stock extractor to a 421. The piping gets bigger as well. Just my 2 cents..correct me sifusifu....

kweng84

2,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2005
PUCHONG
www.zerotohundred.com
its okay..

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
now i`m in a headached ....... my SE muffler sulah time's up ....... need to change another muffler ...... so i also dunno which one to change ...... weather a Sflow or a Dflow ......

sam1741

1,000 RPM
Dec 18, 2004
i read somewhere that say
backpressure is crap....
if we are the engine, offcourse we wan the exhaust gas to get out as fast as it could.. why we wan restriction?

than i read somewhere also
pipe diameter is because
when u use too big diameter, the gas wont flow fast enough to go out the exhaust, and when they cool down they also slow down
thats why using suitable diameter to ensure the gas move fast enough

kweng84

2,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2005
PUCHONG
www.zerotohundred.com
edwin: wat is SE muffler? sorry ar..
sam: It is ideal to have null backpressure..our aim is to minimize it as much as we can. Yeah, we cant get big diameter pipings for N/A cars as it will create restrictions along the exhaust pipes. Bigger pipings higher chances for the exhaust to cool down. Cold exhaust is heavy,thus, engine power loss to push out the heavy exhaust. Thats wat i understand bout restriction. if im wrong, pls teach me ya...

kweng84

2,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2005
PUCHONG
www.zerotohundred.com
sky: thanks

edwin: what is D-flow? wat is ur budget for the new muffler u want? i guess there's a lot of choices you can choose from...a lot sifus here that can choose a suitable muffler for ur needs ;)

roy27

Known Member
Feb 16, 2006
direct flow ..... as low as possible ...... but dun too noisy n dun wan too silent ..... muffler must can support above RON95 ........

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

As d subject says I'm planning (stil thinking actually) to DIY plasti dip my car..few things to consider b4 I embark on this journey like color choice n cost mainly...as far as I know (I may b wrong) d dip only comes in spray can form (s sold in mudah etc) n assuming it costs about 70 a can then roughly I wld need about 10-15 cans maybe??or if anyone knows where I might b able to get ones that comes in liter/gallon n how much it costs wld b gr8...

Any form of advice n opinions highly...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience