More Power From Your Exhaust

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
like this i more prefer 4-2-1.......4-1 need to rev over 4k......lol race meh rev until 4-5k......hahaha

btw what is a CAT? hahaha

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
what brand of 4-2-1 extractor for LMST is the best?

and how much where to get it?

b4 this i read people posting here.....HOT BITS and POWERZONE (duno brand or shop name) are good wo......

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
wah u gila meh buy caplang ones la ..... i mean they eating brand onli la ...... if u racing buy those keng keng brand nvm ...... your not racing ma .... but 4-2-1 extractoras long the steel won rust type ( white steel ) ....... there is one type they call black steel that can rust so its not recomended ...... if u buy the 4-2-1 extractor a nice n good one la which the piping looks like a turbine twist ...... 4-2-1 until the flexible hose there is around 160 - 170 ...... if u wan can i can bring u there make ..... i did mine too ..... until now so far nothing ...... n u change the centerbox into a bigger one add 90 make the car inside silent ....... price can reduce all the way haha ...... roy27 also did there .......

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
edwin_lcw said:
wah u gila meh buy caplang ones la ..... i mean they eating brand onli la ...... if u racing buy those keng keng brand nvm ...... your not racing ma .... but 4-2-1 extractoras long the steel won rust type ( white steel ) ....... there is one type they call black steel that can rust so its not recomended ...... if u buy the 4-2-1 extractor a nice n good one la which the piping looks like a turbine twist ...... 4-2-1 until the flexible hose there is around 160 - 170 ...... if u wan can i can bring u there make ..... i did mine too ..... until now so far nothing ...... n u change the centerbox into a bigger one add 90 make the car inside silent ....... price can reduce all the way haha ...... roy27 also did there .......
yalor... mine is black steel cap ayam one... now rusting adi... sad sad...
gonna change to white steel one lo...

if u got the budget, get better quality ones lor... if no, cap ayam will do la, as long as it doesnt rust.... performance difference between branded and cap ayam headers jz plus minus 1bhp la... u can easily gain a few bhp by switching off ur aircond...

lan1800

Known Member
Jan 18, 2006
er... wira 1.8LE 2" piping ok or not, i use muffler wit 2 1/2 inch, loud sound in car at low speed but if speed exceed 100++ km/h more silence. when i install micro compressor sound like turbo car.

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
put a benter box la ..... inside car noisy u can stand it ar ? i tell u whenever i drive a LMST stock i wanna bang my head to the screen until the noice gone ...... cannot tahan la ..... too pressuring ..... i prefer more on silent on the inside n a LIL noisy outside ... u try drive to kedah la ..... i prefer taking a bus ..... i cant stand a car thats too noisy ...... if u also cannot tahan one then take out all the bullet u have .... then put one center box after the flex hose and another just before reaching the exhaust then u find yourself some nice noise playing in your car but not banging your ears ... n your happy with your car noise oledi ...... mamak stall kind of ppl like me wun scold u whenever u pass through ..... haha just my opinion

tshunhien

Known Member
May 5, 2006
can i know is it 4-2-1 piping is the pipe size ?
Waja 1.6 manual suitable to use what size of pipe and how to make the engine goes smoother ?

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
tshunhien said:
can i know is it 4-2-1 piping is the pipe size ?
Waja 1.6 manual suitable to use what size of pipe and how to make the engine goes smoother ?
4-2-1 is the design of the extractor, not the piping ...

go to http://www.powerzone.com.my/index_eng.htm , click on Products --> Extractors ... u can learn more there. :regular_smile:

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
I play stock setup.. swapped the whole normal wira 1.5 exhaust system (except the cat) to stock Wira SE exhaust system. Did that long time ago, smooth power delivery especially when the rpm touches 3k rpm.. pulling all the way to red line. Dyno'ed with 83ps on-wheel..

Details of Setup:
4-2-1 extractor == cat === center muffler ==== rear muffler

brand for both mufflers: Life Long, Serdang mari, OEM for proton
piping size: stock SE 1.75" ID mandrel-bent

Just helped khguan changing his yesterday. I think he will post some photo for DIT extractor installation.

roy27

Known Member
Feb 16, 2006
center muffler is the tabung tengah la....big 1 ler....wira SE center muffler always scratch the bump 1.....btw drex, y u setup wif wira SE piping? i cannot tahan the center muffler always scratch the bump.....wat i did to my wira SE r : CAT removed n replaced wif bullet(twister).....center muffler oso removed n replaced wif bullet(twister)....so the sound at the rear muffler more louder abit.....n the power is giving me satisfaction

kweng84

2,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2005
PUCHONG
www.zerotohundred.com
drexchan: i think if u ditch out the CAT and exchange your center box with a center bullet(spiral) will be better. Better low-end power..center box no performance effect..it just acts as a resonator/silencer...

btw, LMST muffler is a sflow type not straight flow...the bassy sound is caused by the design of the muffler itself...mainly the big box that make the bassy sound..correct me if im wrong here...thanks!

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
kweng84 said:
drexchan: i think if u ditch out the CAT and exchange your center box with a center bullet(spiral) will be better. Better low-end power..center box no performance effect..it just acts as a resonator/silencer...

btw, LMST muffler is a sflow type not straight flow...the bassy sound is caused by the design of the muffler itself...mainly the big box that make the bassy sound..correct me if im wrong here...thanks!
No no no.. the catalytic converter and the mid-boz are theres for reason. used to run without the midbox. It does give better low end torque but the FC went hair wire.. in addition, it's not the time to kill the cat yet.

I play green. Think about our next generation. This stock setup from the Wira SE does give ~5HP more than normal Wira's exhaust system as shown by the dyno chart.

Thanks for your suggestion. BTW, I don't think that the end muffler size has anything to do wth the bassy sound.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Need help, suggestion, solution here.

i have installed in 87mm piston to my vr4 block. currently its abt 6mm sitting low from the head. is there a way to compensate the loss and still able to run it normal using standard wiring, ecu? plans to get EMS end of the year.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience