so....
if we shorten the length of the pipe
than we can use larger diameter?
how bout having pipe come out from the side? :D

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
shorrten ? why shorten ..... there is always a reason for those engineer to design this ..... wah if we could so keng we can be very rich lo ......

kweng84

2,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2005
PUCHONG
www.zerotohundred.com
i saw ppl shorten it bout 0.5m. But, i dont see any point doing that. Edwin is right bout the engineer already did so much R & D in making our ride to be perfect...

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
engineer R&D it too make our car can adapt in every circumstance where it has power on both flat n slanding roads ..... not too good in every sector but also wun be too bad also ... i onli seen hot rod having side pipings in LA .... never seen one in malaysia except that day that i saw it in the thread got one kancil with a small "DI** Head" by the side .... kweng ? which area in setapak u r from ? wanna yam cha anot ? damn sien always see roy stupid face .....

kweng84

2,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2005
PUCHONG
www.zerotohundred.com
setapak taman bunga raya (wangsa maju)...how bout u bro?

tajulsans

1,000 RPM
Jul 31, 2004
Soo Bang
kweng84 said:
edwin: wat is SE muffler? sorry ar..
sam: It is ideal to have null backpressure..our aim is to minimize it as much as we can. Yeah, we cant get big diameter pipings for N/A cars as it will create restrictions along the exhaust pipes. Bigger pipings higher chances for the exhaust to cool down. Cold exhaust is heavy,thus, engine power loss to push out the heavy exhaust. Thats wat i understand bout restriction. if im wrong, pls teach me ya...
Dude, restriction is not about using bigger pipes, it is the number and how piping bent is shaped, the cat convertor, center bullet and end muffler that is normally refered to restriction.

u c, stock piping are small to enhance power at the low to mid range, normal people dont rev2 car mah, onli certain that is not that normal (like most of us).. piping size is more related to gas flow characteristic than restriction..

piping size in general will determine where ur power band is, as it is best to have laminar flow (optimum flowing speed)and that is where ur most efficient power is.. for a certain pipe size, if gas flow slower than optimum speed than it will flow in turbulence while exceeding optimum speed will cause it to become congested.. easier said, small pipe good for low end (normal driver), medium size good for mid range (casual sprinter) and big size for top end (hi revving craze)

Imagine drinking water using straw for instance to simulate the case.. water as exhaust, straw as piping and ur feeling of sucking as effect on engine/power..

tajulsans

1,000 RPM
Jul 31, 2004
Soo Bang
kweng84 said:
i saw ppl shorten it bout 0.5m. But, i dont see any point doing that. Edwin is right bout the engineer already did so much R & D in making our ride to be perfect...
there is a point actually, piping surface causes drag to gas flow, the longer the pipe, the more drag there is.. and drag reduce the flow speed..

kweng84

2,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2005
PUCHONG
www.zerotohundred.com
tajulsans: very interesting piece of theory about the exhaust...yeah, i dont know much theory of it but it's something similar that what i want to say ..just that i dont know how to differentiate the characteristics or restriction of exhaust flow. Thanks ya!

tajulsans

1,000 RPM
Jul 31, 2004
Soo Bang
This is what i learn in study days, but heck.. this is just theory anyway, in actual there are lots of other things to consider as things are not that ideal and perfect..

kweng84

2,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2005
PUCHONG
www.zerotohundred.com
GUYS, MONZA muffler is back...have a look at my signature...click it!! thanks!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello guys..
i already got e-manage..
but some people say..
chip wil incease more power n torque..
plzz state to me which is beter or put in both..?
plus izzit safe?
thanks..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience