Mitsubishi GTO 3.0 v6 twin turbo , Rx-7 Rotary 1.3 , Toyota Supra 3.0 turbo

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
There is no problem man. Driving a 500hp beast is your perogative. I just wouldn't do it. I'd rather take my risks with 350hp on the road. If i were to track my car i would definately look into a more powerful powertrain. 500 would be nice on a circuit. If you want 500 for a street car there are a lot more pains involved. UNLESS of course you already have one and need to validate your opinion lah.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
500bhp as a daily driven car no problem... as long as u know how to put the power to use where it should be... most important is know how to control the car... if u dont know how to control, give u 50bhp also can crash lar...

infernaL

2,000 RPM
May 22, 2005
N/A
deacon said:
There is no problem man. Driving a 500hp beast is your perogative. I just wouldn't do it. I'd rather take my risks with 350hp on the road. If i were to track my car i would definately look into a more powerful powertrain. 500 would be nice on a circuit. If you want 500 for a street car there are a lot more pains involved. UNLESS of course you already have one and need to validate your opinion lah.
flamebaitflamebaitflamebaitflamebaitflamebait

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
I get told that very statement

"as long as u know how to put the power to use where it should be... most important is know how to control the car..."

and you would be surprised to know that most of the people who have said that don't have 500bhp cars nor can they drive one given the oppurtunity. My 2 cents. But i can't think talk or walk for ya ;)

No flame intended

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
Sorry for the double reply my bad guys

alexklg

4,000 RPM
Feb 13, 2006
www.zerotohundred.com
y not RB26? more powerfull... cheaper roadtax..
rx7 damn hard to maintain..
RB26 cheaper roadtax than 13B? hehehe... think you must be comparing to the supra's 3.0... XD

Maintaining part, i think all mod cars have to do load of maintanence. People don't mind maintaining their ride coz they love it. MAYBE, the maintanence on a 7 might be slightly higher than others, but the difference is insignificant to any 7's fans.
Just my opinion.

*Drops another few cents into the fund*

XD

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
What i'm trying to say is, do not comment on or state things that u do not have experience on. 500 hp on the street is nothing mere than a walk on the park. It's a matter of getting used to it. It doesnt mean every time u tap on the accelerator, all 500hp (or more) will go down to the road. I've been using my car daily driven for almost 2 years on figures equal or more than the previously mentioned without problem. 350 on the road? 500? how the car behaves on the road is not governed by the horspower it has, but governed by the overall setup and the right foot of the driver.

If u have a 500hp car and u cant seem to use it for daily driven, maybe i can be of help to u but if u do not have one, and go on and on about saying it's 'painful'... 'not practical'... bla bla yada yada.. dat's one thing i do not agree. FYI, i'm running almost 430-450km per full tank petrol and i have no problem being stuck in a jam or watsoever - Daily driven. Hell, infact, i use my car to deliver the products mentioned in my sig too!.. heh heh heh... Prove me wrong... only prove me wrong with your own experience, not thru 'My fren..., my uncle, so on and so forth'..

Jes my 2 strands of hair kinda experience

Last edited:

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
deacon said:
I get told that very statement

"as long as u know how to put the power to use where it should be... most important is know how to control the car..."

and you would be surprised to know that most of the people who have said that don't have 500bhp cars nor can they drive one given the oppurtunity. My 2 cents. But i can't think talk or walk for ya ;)

No flame intended
do u have a 500bhp car?

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
Nope i don't have a 500hp beast.

Having driven my friend's M3 (Which is a stroked US spec 5 speed at 330hp) it was pretty easy to drive, no difficulty. My uncle has a Supra without only 350hp, given that it is an auto his experience don't really count. BUT the power is within what the car's traction control is capable of handling. He did mention to me that he wasn't going to get a bigger single turbo 'cos it wasn't practical in terms of today's gas price and the fact that most of the time it isn't very safe, as he wasn't confident he can handle a 500 plus hp car.

Either way. I wasn't here to prove you wrong. Don't think i have mentioned that previously. So, i suppose if you want to tell me to shut my mouth you are more than welcome to. Glad to hear you are more than capable of driving your 500hp car daily ;). Just don't come near me with that thing and decide to drive it hard, thanks. ;)

By the way may i ask how big is your fuel tank. No flame intended just wondering.

EDIT P.S - I just realised i have been talking to someone (Black howling) who drives a Supra hahaha! Well dude, you have a car that is built sturdy. It's heavy, has a good engine and is overall well built. That's all i have to add.

Last edited:

kher

1,500 RPM
Aug 30, 2004
Klang, Selangor
Visit site
Actually it's all bout balance.

How well u setup the car.
If u add on extra hp for sure u hav to upgrade other parts such as suspension brakes. Otherwise plz dun blame for the consequences.

How well u know ur car.
Diff car hav diff handling characteristics.
Tats y pro drivers hav diff comment for each car they tested.

How much experience u hav.
When i 1st learn driving i cant even handle a kancil. u should know how much hp is kancil producing.

N dun tell me 500hp cars cant move slow n hav to tekan all the time. The max output of hp oni comes within a RPM range. Otherwise it is stil quite tame.

omnikron

Known Member
Dec 13, 2005
just to add a few things to this thread.

it's not the power, but the power to weight ratio thats scary. try a supercharged lotus elise and you will enter a totally different dimension of speed.

Black howling, just want to ask, is your supra manual or auto?
if its manual, are you using multi-plate race clutches? i tried, and it hurts, right up to my balls.

other practicality problems include flooded roads, bumps and potholes, getting in and out of tight parkings, parking in small lots, side parking, putting stuff in...... etc.

if you want a "practical" sportscar (hmmm an oxymoron?), there isn't one. it has to be hard, fast and mean........

just to add, getting supra to 500hp is relatively easy. stopping it on the other hand, is a different matter. Endless 8-pots water cooled anyone?

bangkai_jk

1,500 RPM
Sep 4, 2005
m
hehe.. saw blackie last friday night at kelana jaya mamak.. all supra gang, rx7, altezza, celica...
btw nice car u have there.. hehe

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello all masters,

As per topic, accelerate = pulls to left, decelerate = pulls to right

Things done to counter this issue but still persist;

1) 4 new tires changed
2) various alignment checked
3) wheel warp checked
4) serviced all 4 calipers with all new brake pads
5) steering rack bush changed

Car is Proton Gen 2. Any ideas what should i troubleshoot next? Please share your experiences. :adore:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience