mitsubishi 6A10 1.6 V6 engine...

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
Wah... 130-160... a bit the BIG gap right comparing one stock car to another ??

Imagine 2 guys go and buy the EXACT same car, with the EXACT same specs... then go and dyno... one came out 130hp on wheels, the other 160hp on wheels !?!!?
I doubt so kua... surely there's more to it than that.
Manufacturers would probably come out with a plus minus 10% tolerance maybe la... got quality control wan maa.

Most PV6 i know are within the range of 130hp on wheels plus minus depending on how healthy their engines are.

And most PV6 owners (auto) I've seen put in SAFC manage to get like 1-2hp on wheels extra only... barely worth the mod! hahaha...
My friend's PV6 manual manage to get around 6-8hp increase with the SAFC.

alvin24, you didnt read my 2nd comment right? already apologize for my mistake lor, why still wanna make fun of me?

S4 = serial 4 = Perdana Sei with engine code 4g63. My old engine, but I like V6 better.

alvin24...the reason for me to up this topic is for us to discuss about this 6A10 engine....and it's NOT for you to "kondem" this engine....not to worry...coz i already use this 6A10 engine in my so call proton wira sedan...i know u very2 expert about bla bla bla n so on...but...plzz dont "kondem" other people choice...they all got their own choices and taste...let me make it clear for you...V6 engine is for smooth riding...not for racing or performance...dont compare performance engine with smooth riding engine la bro...of coz got different maa...cheers...

just my 2 cent only...

Nola....he's jus trying to share his knowledge n facts wif u guyz. Isn't tat good? U learnt something rite? Jus coz it's ur choice so u canot accept the advantages of it?

If V6 engine is for smooth riding n not for racing or performance then might as well throw away cars like Mitsubishi GTO n Nissan 350Z. They were claimed to be performance cars but too bad using V6 type of engines.

haha ..then GTO n 350Z shd be smooth riding performance cars ... cheers

i think sifus are talking about 6a10 1.6 v6 engine,

not 350z or gto

arih,
your post at 7.40pm, my post at 7.48pm... i must've been halfway typing while u were posting... kekeke... sorry la, didn't read that lah.

shaq,
You ask for opinion on the engine, therefore i'm giving my opinion on the engine loh. Be it positive, or negative, i'm giving my honest opinion mar... like what Kher suggest lar; just coz' its your choice, so u cannot accept the negative facts is it?

I believe your first post mentioned:
any info about this engine? maintenance?..power?..etc
And therefore, comparing to all the choices you could've had... the 6A10 would be a high maintance engine, not very good fuel consumption, it's power is nothing to shout about and its potential is no where near the other engines.
And this is just comparing to NORMAL ENGINES... IF you wanna know what a performance engine is, open a HKS or Tomei catologue, and see their aftermarket parts are available for only what type of Mitsu engine. I believe even the GSR is not considered a performance engine... but the GSR would still pack waaay more whopping power than a 6A10, and still have lower maintanence and better fuel consumption compared to it !!

u will only realize the true when u have this engine and test drive with 4G91 engine .

Hartge said:
haha ..then GTO n 350Z shd be smooth riding performance cars ... cheers

You know that 6a12TT is sequential twin turbo? its a big different from GTO,skyline with using parallel twin turbo.

my foreman said 6A10 can put Twin Turbo..around 5k
inc intercooler n high performance cams, n etc........
although jpj dun approve.....
he said better pickup n topend.....
think he said eterna TT kit....

If not mistaken most or mayb all the engines can be turbocharged.
The prob is jus how much boost u can put on due to how strong r the internal parts of ur engine.

With an appropriate setup n engine management u can do tat almost hassle free.

yup......da cost inc chgin of all da internal parts to stronger 1s....hehe

yeah... dropping in the turbo is definitely possible... but for 5k... its hardly worth it.. by a mile !! Eterna Twin Turbo full halfcut also I think around 4k plus minus only leh !! Might as well transplant that in! hahaha... =Þ

mr alvin, dun condemn plz.....
if u think ur 4G15 is sooo great, den go discuss about it in the 4g15 thread
not ere plzz........
n dis is da laz warnin.......

Omg! If like dis also cal condemn then u can ask Tom to close ZTH ok???

We dun discuss, giv opinion, suggest n share our knowledge here anymore.
He's jus telling u how worth it is each project ma.

6A10+turbo=hafcut+turbo
6A12TT=hafcut

Wic 1 is more expensive? U say la... He's not telling the truth ah?
N to make a good setup like wat i said for turbocharging a NA engine is very simple izit? U tink jus like play NFSU2 click a few buttons then kau tim???

Plz think b4 u post. Dun be so stubborn to accept new knowledge. How to improve like dat? U might as well go ur foreman place n ask him enuff la. Wat for u join ZTH???

Did he mention the sentence that his 4G15 is very great? N if not mistaken i tink he's toking bout 4G91. When he said bout 4G15?

Who r u to warn him? R u the admin or owner of this forum?

Last edited:
6a10 dun go turbo la, the rod/stroke ratio and low low piston speed means 6a10 has potential to be a very very good n/a motor :D

kher,
No point arguing with these kinda closed mind mofos. This world got a lot of these kinda people, best is just to ignore them. Wonder why they even bother coming into forums if they keep thinking they're right, and that everyone should follow the way they think.

we've done our part in sharing our knowledge to those who are willing to learn. Its up to them how they wanna absorb the info given.

Summore wanna gimme warning... wonder for what... why? u wanna tapau me until i got no more face with your 6A10 issit?

Top Bottom