Metallica kaki

zeemj

Sep 25, 2006
Metalica kaki out there,
cannot take anything heavier than Metallica la...too old already...

zeemj

Sep 25, 2006
st Anger

Mbek, agree with you, load & reload are even worse. St Anger & Frantic are okay though, I mean still have that heavy guitar and start & stop things. Look at the creativity...frantic, tic, tic, tic, tic, toc..who would have written such lyric if it wasn't hetfield.

jombiee

500 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
Ghombau
new stuff with that fat ass bass player are totally out man.
have u seen James new hairdo ? & Lars drummin are not that good anymore.

The best is with the master Cliff Burton *RIP* era
Kill em all
Ride the lightning
Master of puppets ....period !

drifterzzz

500 RPM
Jan 13, 2005
Visit site
they are old oledi but look @ the new masterpiece not bad lol ... still heavy even though not so .. but its ok ..st anger is abit diffrent i thnk they wanna try new genre ... but some say fammiliar to the rage againt the machine ...:X-:

even in st anger the drum abit odd but look @ the beat damn fast sure lengoh wan thehe

tallicazzzzzz rulezzzz :X-:

jombiee

500 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
Ghombau
Cliff rules !!

It was approaching dawn on Saturday, the 27th of September, 1986. Metallica's two tour buses were making their way along a god-forsaken road that lies somewhere between the Scandinavian cities of Stockholm and Copenhagen. Apart from these vehicles, the route was deserted - there was no one else travelling at that unearthly hour of the morning. Suddenly, for no apparent reason, just before 6:15 a.m., one of the coaches swerved violently to its right and started careening wildly down the wrong side of the road. It was out of control, and a crash was inevitable.
The bus' brief, but horrific, excursion came to a halt some 60 feet further up the tarmac. By this time, the vehicle was on its side and lying in a ditch by the side of the road, near the small Swedish town of Ljungby.

During the unavoidable confusion that followed, the vast majority of the overturned bus' passengers managed to scramble free of the wreckage. Those that emerged included three of the four members of the band. In all honesty, the survivors had been extremely lucky, as they had all somehow managed to escape with little more than minor injuries and shock.

Swedish police arriving on the scene of the crash immediately arrested the driver as a matter of routine, but later released him without charges after further investigation revealed that the cause of the crash was black ice on a nasty bend in the road.

Unfortunately, however, there had been one fatality in the accident...... what is more, the deceased individual turned out to be one of the group. So, tragically, in the short space of those few dreadful seconds on that lonely Swedish road, Metallica's dreamlike existence was suddenly transformed into a hellish nightmare. Their 24 year old bass player, Cliff Burton, was dead.

"I saw the bus lying right on him. I saw his legs sticking out. I freaked. The bus driver, I recall, was trying to yank the blanket out from under him to use for other people. I just went, 'Don't fucking do that!' I already wanted to kill the guy. I don't know if he was drunk or if he hit some ice. All I knew was, he was driving and Cliff wasn't alive anymore." James Hetfield -1993

Last edited:

zeemj

Sep 25, 2006
Mitalca

Drifter, still heavy on selected numbers. in all of their albums, there are heavy songs & not so heavy. It also depends on how you define heavy...he he he...Ulrich now messing around alot with snare drum...check out live version of old songs such as m.o. puppets, creeping death, not much tom tom anymore. Plus he has removed 2 of his toms from his drum set. double kick drums on St. Anger? i thought it was awesome!Hetfield's guitar? sad but true is probably one example of heaviest guitar he ever wrote...

cypress8

1,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2004
Visit site
I like their first 3 albums with Cliff Burton and Justice with Jason Newsted. I know a lot of people labelled the Black album as their most successful album, but I don't really like that album.

St Anger...what can I say...it was like Lars beating a trash can?

Dremel

1,000 RPM
Nov 19, 2003
Ampng Nrdschlff
Visit site
The first 4 = masterpiece
Self Titled = It's the point where they had gone sellout but still acceptable.
Load and Reload = Horse shit.. They were trying to fit in with grunge environment. Most of their song have gone soft.. Marianne Faithful is a NO- NO.. Kirk has started to splat make ups on his face.
St. Anjing = No solo.. repetitive lyrics.. lars uses tin milo instead of proper snare skin.

As usual.. for the upcoming album.. They promised to get back to the roots as the song will be heavier than before..

Now.. There is a new song leaked on bittorrent. Bah! I don't think that I need to comment.. even it comes with kirk's solo.. it's still rubbish.

Anyway.. I still enjoy the first four.. all garage albums including the ramones cover.. lol

zeemj

Sep 25, 2006
Dremel, your comments cracked me up man...he he he...well i agree with some of them. what;'s wrong with the black album man? most guitars are the same with the previous four albums-sad but true's guitar is thick & heavy than most of those from kill em all & ride. if it's not heavy, how do you define heavy? lar's drum on St. Anger...well, have to agree with you...

Anyone like that motorhead cover song? Overkill...think it's great.

integramania

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
Dude...Metallica heads...trying to revive this post....

Metallica are still a legend....wat they are doing now is like their own way of trying something new....and they sound horrible.....

I have seen them live during their Load Tour (meaning tat Jason was still there)....and man they are awesome.....

Last edited:

minicooper2u

Known Member
Jul 17, 2006
Metallifunka! Cliff Burton RIP
Seen live in Singapore indoor stadium, fkin great experience, no regrets! :angry_smile:

fav song : Harvester Of Sorrow ....... yeah!

minicooper2u

Known Member
Jul 17, 2006
The Singapore concert I heard was quite a controversy or something like tat rite?

Tat time too young to go down and watched them....hehe
:shades_smile: i was form 4 then it was quite havoc, black tee everywhere.....
when they hit the lights, ppl was rushing to the front....all ppl on top just body slam all the way to the ground full off ppl... is about 10-15feet... i did that too... it was once a life time body slam (lucky no injury). it was 101% headbang, got back via train, & just punch in school monday, neck & body pain...:baring_teeth:

how was your experience bro?

integramania

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
wah u must have hell of an experience lar bro....

mine was nothing compared to yours....i didnt manage to get into the mosh pit...tickets were all out ....and if I did like u did i think i could have been thrown out....hehehe

but now Metallica....dunno wat to say lar....but if they do come down to Singapore...will surely go see them :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

Anyone has any idea how the insurance coverage is going to be if we do a auto->manual or manual->auto conversion to the transmission?

My auto box is giving me a headache so I was thinking of a replacement with a manual gearbox.
I know the re-sell value is going to be bad if I do that but my major concern is insurance.
The insurance policy stated chasis and engine number but I didn't find gearbox number on it. :hmmmm:
Anyone has this kind of experience before?
Please share...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience