Megasquirt

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
cipan_supercas,
Wah, a lot of infor on site you post. Need a lot time to read and digest...

So, your one is "extra". Long time i heard on MS-I ( on web-site ), and some one have re-write the firmware and become MS-Extra and i thought its only for 36-1 tooth or 60-2 tooth....until you post "the site".

I am doing mine ( one men show ) and post on "Local ecu" thread.

And i thought waiting for Mr.Manan's ecu which is bench mark M600,Motec.

Good Luck.

cipan_supercas,

The Megatune software very good.

If my "tune" software can reach that "standart", it will catch some market here...ha....ha...ha.

Good Luck.

hi cipan- Thanks mate. I use a basic rule of thumb which pretty much with every pound of boost i work on a spreadsheet predtermined timing range. The rotary runs both leading and trailing timing unlike pistons. I have few friends running ms on their fc's. You can refer to rx7club.com under megasquirt. It offers loads of info with regards to tuning rotary via ms and possible mods to intergrate ms fully onto rotary.

Good post cipan-s and keep up the good work with sharing your info with the forum.

cipan_supercas said:
ivan78:
Lucky you been able to argue for a lower tax but not me. I've imported several units but yet to get a lower tax for it.
Since you have bought that MS-II, then you can try their alpha software to tune you wasted spark system and ready to face any consequences of frustrations.
Bad idling is one of them, but try to overcome (yourself) or let me have a look at what you have done with your unit and try to run your car.

Here's the link:
http://megasquirt.sourceforge.net/ms2extra/files/alpha/ms2extra_Sept_03_06a_alpha.zip

Downgrading to MS-I is another option and is guaranteed to work alright with wasted spark. That's whay I always recommend MS-I for wasted spark at the moment unless you're running distributor. Furthermore, MS-I is cheaper.

i don't know how to mod the V3 board to make it 2 ignition output.

ivan78 said:
i order MS2 V3 kit from http://www.diyautotune.com/ . cost 249 USD. .

I assume you only bought the 'basic' MS-II. In order to run wasted spark, you need a few additional items which will cost a little more.

ivan78 said:
I don't know how to mod the v3....
No problem if you're willing to give me some 'undxr txble' .... for parts and labour.

cipan,

currently this is the quotation from diyautotune:

MS130-K $189 Megasquirt kit with V3.0 board and natural case finish MK-VB921 $5.50 Extra VB921 mod-kit CLTIATwPiggy $16.50 Coolant temperature sensor IATwPiggy $21 IAT sensor 38NPT-Bung_S $8 Steel IAT sensor bung MapDaddy4 $60 4 bar MAP sensor

i just copied n paste, they told me the VB921 has been included with the kit, but the additional vb921 mod-kit CLTIAT with piggy (what the hell is this??) is this right? i see from the site there are many many types of IAT sensor, does this 38NPT-bung_S ok for me??

all costs USD 240 without the 4 bar map sensor. i'm now running 0.8 standard boost, not planning to go higher than 1.5 near future, so this should be ok right?

how long does it take to have you ship the whole thing over?

Last edited:
wah, very good la this guy.. hmmm can i know this MS from beginning... i think im on the middle now so i dont understand what is MS exactly.. PM me the link.. Thanks!

cipan_supercas,
Are you using Streamxy (TM), so that i can send my program to you.( ~ 4Mbytes )

So far, the MS-Extra can support 4 channel on ignition ( is it sequence if 4 channel enable ? )

And i think all MS only support 2 channel on injector, is that right ?

It is correct you need two "big valve" ( like 4AGE with screw to control air flow ). One for cold start or fast idle up, and one for air-cond.

Did you order MS for your stock ?

Plese pm me for the price of MS kit.

Good Luck.

ecupro said:
cipan_supercas,
1. Are you using Streamxy (TM), so that i can send my program to you.( ~ 4Mbytes )

2. So far, the MS-Extra can support 4 channel on ignition ( is it sequence if 4 channel enable ? )

3. And i think all MS only support 2 channel on injector, is that right ?

4. It is correct you need two "big valve" ( like 4AGE with screw to control air flow ). One for cold start or fast idle up, and one for air-cond.

5. Did you order MS for your stock ?

6. Plese pm me for the price of MS kit.

Good Luck.

1. Yes. ztech@str..... but I actually want to see how it works in real time So that I can evaluate how easy or tough tuning jobs involved.
2. 6 channel x 2 = 12 channel in total.
3. No. You can tweak it to run more channels if you have the know how. But for end user, they recommend the batch fire for it's straightforward, less hassle installation. What do you expect the level of knowledge of diy'ers. Make it simple so that evrybody can understand.
4. No. If you have time to do some adjustments to the tunings, you don't really need all those but it will help simplify things.
5. No, I'm not a stockist nor distributor, I only assemble, modify, upgrade, install and tune. Not only MS but other gadgets too. (Might be you ecu too.... lol)
6. You have to look at the distributor list for prices. Look here:

http://www.megasquirt.info/

You should have every detail there. Hardware, software, prices etc.

cipan_supercas,
You quote:
" 6 channel x 2 = 12 channel in total."

What you mean is using waste spark ? ( 6 channel, 6 coils and for 12 cylinder, waste spark configuration, right )

You quote:
"No. If you have time to do some adjustments to the tunings, you don't really need all those but it will help simplify things."

You mean using "stepper motor" on Mitsubishi engine like 4G61T, so no need extra "big valve", right.

For MS-I, there are a lot of version, V2.0, V2.2...so which one ?

Good Luck.

ecupro said:
cipan_supercas,
You quote:
1. " 6 channel x 2 = 12 channel in total."

What you mean is using waste spark ? ( 6 channel, 6 coils and for 12 cylinder, waste spark configuration, right )

You quote:
2. "No. If you have time to do some adjustments to the tunings, you don't really need all those but it will help simplify things."

You mean using "stepper motor" on Mitsubishi engine like 4G61T, so no need extra "big valve", right.

3. For MS-I, there are a lot of version, V2.0, V2.2...so which one ?

Good Luck.

1. yes.

2. You don't have to fit anything at all. It just runs fine with proper tweakings.

3. V2.2 are older. If you run high impedance injectors, it's fine to use this. It's cheaper. However, those turbo engines with big jumbo size injectors are usually having low z. You need additional daugterboard if you run those injectors to safeguard the injector drivers.

v3.0 are later. The daughterboard functions are readily been incorporated into it onboard. No problem to use either high or low z injectors. The pwm are software configurable. The price are higher. Furthermore, when the times come, you can upgrade this board to MS-II if you want with little mod to the board.

The link given should have all the infos, but there are too much to read. Your old eyes may get sored for reading too much... lol.

cipan_supercas,
You quote:
"The link given should have all the infos, but there are too much to read. Your old eyes may get sored for reading too much... lol."

Bro, you are right. My old eyes get sored( Wah, a lot of infor ) and my hands also shaking but my "brain" still working fine...he...he...he.

So, MS-I with V3.0 board, if reach to Malaysia ( with tax ) will be ~ RM 1500.00, right.

Arr.....wires and 37 pins connector are not included, right ?

Can get the 37 pins connector in jalan Pasar, K.L.?

depends on what car and how you want to run that MS. Call me... easy to talk through phone rather than typing here...

cipan_supercas,
Nice to talk with you.
If i am in K.L., i will call you and don't go away...he...he...he

Good Luck.

cipan_supercas said:
I assume you only bought the 'basic' MS-II. In order to run wasted spark, you need a few additional items which will cost a little more.

ivan78 said:
I don't know how to mod the v3....
No problem if you're willing to give me some 'undxr txble' .... for parts and labour.

not a problem. how much you charge me? post to you or meet up? i'm from selangor, able to meet at subang/sunway area.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom