Megasquirt

H2Zero

500 RPM
Sep 8, 2005
New Territories
Dear All,
I bought my MS kit from DIY Autotune can some please verify if my car will be able to start? Is there already a base map in the microprocessor/chip?

Trying to contact cipan but to no avail so if anyone can forward me a phone number (or should Cipan see this message) pls do so.

Thanks.

Last edited:

leftfoot

Known Member
Apr 9, 2006
im quite sure there is no such thing as a base map in the MS kit..

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
of cos there is no base map
how will the ms know wht car r u running
wht kind of setup r u running
wht kind of firing system r u running

:D

leftfoot

Known Member
Apr 9, 2006
use google and you'll find the answer.. :)

Peras

Apr 4, 2005
Croatia, Split
Dear All,
I bought my MS kit from DIY Autotune can some please verify if my car will be able to start? Is there already a base map in the microprocessor/chip?

Trying to contact cipan but to no avail so if anyone can forward me a phone number (or should Cipan see this message) pls do so.

Thanks.
There is no "base" map in the megasquirt when u buy it.

First you should make MS compatible with your engine. MS can work on all kinds of gasoline engines; so first u gotta see what ignition and fueling system are u gonna use.
Than u burn the newest code in your MS, and than u need to configure everything in your MegaTune software to work with your engine and all the sensors. Then u start making your first ignition and fuel maps...
Quite complicated if you don't understand the basics of your engine, electronics, fuel and ignition...
It would be best for you to contact Cipan, he can make all of this for you.

What engine do u plan on Megasquirting?

H2Zero

500 RPM
Sep 8, 2005
New Territories
It would be best for you to contact Cipan, he can make all of this for you.

What engine do u plan on Megasquirting?
Initially when I came here only because I could not locate Cipan, which I have now. The engine I am Megasquirting is a VW KR engine. I am currently at a stage where the hardwear is being installed, the rad, alternator and the a few more bits and pieces. Cipan has already given me a base map just to get the car started and then the fun part begins.....:hmmmm: Thanks for all your helps. Cheers

Peras

Apr 4, 2005
Croatia, Split
Initially when I came here only because I could not locate Cipan, which I have now. The engine I am Megasquirting is a VW KR engine. I am currently at a stage where the hardwear is being installed, the rad, alternator and the a few more bits and pieces. Cipan has already given me a base map just to get the car started and then the fun part begins.....:hmmmm: Thanks for all your helps. Cheers
VW KR you say... Definitely good choice, we always use KR or the KR camshafts on PL engine.
Most cars on Croatian roads are VW Golfs.
Here's a picture when I was building my friends KR; I removed the K-Jetronic mechanical injection and made it electronically fuel injected:

Good luck with your project!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

There are many types of short shifter in the market nowadays.. n most of them cost around rm140 and above... some even have adjustable pivot points.

I have been using an aftermarket short shifter for a period of time... i have compared the physical thing with the original one sided by side, the difference is the raised pivot point that makes the shift throw shorter...

so i checked on the internet for other sources of short shifters in the internet n i have gather enough information to mod...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience