Manchester united football club

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
Gti said:
to those who wants to think that united is in crisis...
well it is kinda good crisis..
even if we are in crisis...we managed to finish a credible second with patch up team,such as defender playing as midfielder,midfielder playing as striker and striker playing as midfielder.
Where were the so called teams that was not in crisis?
Liverpool?Arsenal?
Can't even beat a team in crisis?
Yes Man u were in crisis.Injury crisis mind you.

While injuries do sometimes rob a club of key players, you would hate to think that the club only relies on one or two players for success. I remember how Mourinho used to lament about his injury problems when Robben was injured. Is he trying to fool me into thinking the clubs fortunes relied solely on the shoulders of that old looking, young dutchman? Injuries are part of the game and championship teams should raise their game inspite of absent players.

Mind you when we won the CPL in 2005, we didn't have the likes of Stevie G, Xabi Alonso and Harry Kewell for much of the qualifying campaign. We had to rely on role players like Igor Biscan and Djimi Traore that played out of their skin. I find it annoying when managers keep referring to injuries as reasons for loosing. What is the point of forming a squad then if only a couple of your players can be relied on? Just though I'd add this is since you took a swipe at us at the end of your post.

Duke Red said:
Did you read the article on Rooney in yesterdays copy of the NST? Sadly his reputation for trouble preceeds him. It's a reputation that will take sometime to change, if that's at all possible.
If you ask me, Rooney has been in good behaviour for quite sometime now. The boy has really cleaned up his act. Strange how people still wouldn't let go. Of course, the media would prefer a Rooney who causes incidents (so they have more things to write) than a quiet Rooney.

Duke Red said:
While injuries do sometimes rob a club of key players, you would hate to think that the club only relies on one or two players for success. I remember how Mourinho used to lament about his injury problems when Robben was injured. Is he trying to fool me into thinking the clubs fortunes relied solely on the shoulders of that old looking, young dutchman? Injuries are part of the game and championship teams should raise their game inspite of absent players.

Mind you when we won the CPL in 2005, we didn't have the likes of Stevie G, Xabi Alonso and Harry Kewell for much of the qualifying campaign. We had to rely on role players like Igor Biscan and Djimi Traore that played out of their skin. I find it annoying when managers keep referring to injuries as reasons for loosing. What is the point of forming a squad then if only a couple of your players can be relied on? Just though I'd add this is since you took a swipe at us at the end of your post.
If you lose several key players, it hurts, a lot. And by that I mean it will affect the clubs fortunes. Try not to deceive yourself into thinking it doesn't.

I could tell you about how, with half a dozen starters out for half the season, we managed to claw back the gap between ourselves and Arsenal and win the league but that isn't going to happen everytime. That was down to a lot of luck and a lot of effort. I think you would agree that is also what you had in Liverpool's Champions League run.

but i prefer rooney as he is.....thats what make him a great player.....genuine character might i say.....anyway fark the ref....we need video replays

buying low profile players? remember liam millar, djemba2, kleberson? they are so low that they practically ate dust. heh heh heh.

anyway.... freak pre-season injury for carrick.. just a week to go. Darn it. "3 weeks" to recover, probably another "3 weeks" gain back form? sucker punch for Manu. Anyway... manu is not consist of 1 midfielder. I'm sure the rest will fill it in.

Another old looking young guy is Esteban Cambiasso (Argentina) I wonder if we can sign him from Inter cause they already have Viera.

zephyr3d said:
buying low profile players? remember liam millar, djemba2, kleberson? they are so low that they practically ate dust. heh heh heh.

You can't expect to hit gold all the time, can you?

Last edited:
Seraph said:
Another old looking young guy is Esteban Cambiasso (Argentina) I wonder if we can sign him from Inter cause they already have Viera.
Cambiasso would be another Nicky Butt wouldn't he?

si|verfish said:
You can't expect to hit gold all the time, can you?
you can't be hitting dust all the time rite? i'm referring to the reply.. not sure whom... bout better to sign low profile players, which doesn't prove 100% fool proof too.

zephyr3d said:
you can't be hitting dust all the time rite? i'm referring to the reply.. not sure whom... bout better to sign low profile players, which doesn't prove 100% fool proof too.
Well, if they are relatively cheap, why not, it is worth a shot? At least its better than expensive flops like Veron.

I wonder why Fergie gets shafted for bad transfers but other managers like Arsene Wenger do not.

si|verfish said:
If you lose several key players, it hurts, a lot. And by that I mean it will affect the clubs fortunes. Try not to deceive yourself into thinking it doesn't.

I could tell you about how, with half a dozen starters out for half the season, we managed to claw back the gap between ourselves and Arsenal and win the league but that isn't going to happen everytime. That was down to a lot of luck and a lot of effort. I think you would agree that is also what you had in Liverpool's Champions League run.

Of course if you lose half your squad, it's definately going to hurt. It's just that injuries are bound to happen and you would like to think there are contingencies. It's like saying you are late for a meeting in the morning because of traffic. You should already anticipate bad traffic in the morning, it happens everyday afterall.

I know what you mean though. I'm referring more to extreme cases like Mourinho when they lost Robben.

Mourinho aka Moan-rinho.

He moans. A lot. We've come to expect that I think.

Anyway, I think 2 - 3 key players out will hurt any team really really bad, apart from Chelsea. They have an obese squad. If they can't handle ONE player being out with injury they should be ashamed of themselves.

It also depends on which part of the field those injuries affect. Normally 2 injuries to starters probably won't bring a team to its knees. BUT, if those 2 injuries happened to 2 strikers or 2 midfielders or 2 defenders then it'll be really bad. It will be like losing Gerrard and Alonso (for you lot) at the same time.

Last edited:
si|verfish said:
Cambiasso would be another Nicky Butt wouldn't he?

I saw the link-up play between him and Requielme during the WC.
Quite good, he even got chance to go forward sometimes.
Although not as quiet a rock as DM's like Veira/Makelele.
Mebbe SAF should go on another African tour to find one :_:

si|verfish said:
Well, if they are relatively cheap, why not, it is worth a shot? At least its better than expensive flops like Veron.

I wonder why Fergie gets shafted for bad transfers but other managers like Arsene Wenger do not.
Hmm... lets us recall how many high profile flop signings against the lower profile flop ones?

High profile = Veron, barthez

Low profile = miller, kleberson, djemba, poborski, evra, taibi, bosnich,

cryuff... high or low? father's high... he'z low to me. :P Anyway.. i lost count of those players that came and go... but fergie sure had quite a number of successful unknown player signings.. .. lets give him some credit for his successes.

well.. thatz y there was a headline on soccernet stating that Fergie constipated. hahahaha. Really laughed at that headline.

perhaps his scouts aint doing any good homework.

Duke Red said:
Of course if you lose half your squad, it's definately going to hurt. It's just that injuries are bound to happen and you would like to think there are contingencies. It's like saying you are late for a meeting in the morning because of traffic. You should already anticipate bad traffic in the morning, it happens everyday afterall.

I know what you mean though. I'm referring more to extreme cases like Mourinho when they lost Robben.
robben? yea.. actually i'm kinda surprise wit that. This proves that moanrinho aint doing good.. for a such a huge team to suffer a back lash bcoz of one player.

without drogba, they struggle; without makalele, they struggle; without essien, they struggle again....now maybe without Cole... Will they struggle again?

i hope they will. I hope they will struggle that they gonna relegate to the 1st division

The thing is, Mourinho first advocates that his team play negatively ie defend well not concede and so on. And thats what they do most times. Only a few Chelsea players are dedicated to attacking and scoring goals. Robben and Cole are 2 of them. Which is why he complains when they are out because Chelsea will start playing like shite.

Last edited:
Duke Red said:

Your point being?
My point was that Man U were not in crisis.Even if there was,it was an injury crisis.

si|verfish said:

Well i would say Wenger has his fair share of failures.It's just that most of his players were low profile...we tend to forget bout them.
One player that rings my bell *Tink* Francis Jeffers.
Also..everytime i see Pascal Cygan plays against us,well the worries of losing will just evaporate automatically........................................hahahahahahha

Btw...i don't think Barthez was all that bad actually.It's just that he was inconsistent.He was actually quite a good keeper.My 2 cents la...

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom