• Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Gti

1,000 RPM
Sep 5, 2004
Visit site
hmmmm
not usre bout Senna thoguh
never seen himplay before
even if i really 'did' during their CL games against us...i did nnot notice bout him...
hahaha more attention was paid on Riquelme and Forlan.

KeV-TEC

4,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2006
hehe... sorry ar... long time dint update liaw
can any1 tell who which player man utd have bought?
carrick n 1 goalkeeper.. then anymoer?
i know ruud off liaw... anymore?

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Gti said:
hmmmm
not usre bout Senna thoguh
never seen himplay before
even if i really 'did' during their CL games against us...i did nnot notice bout him...
hahaha more attention was paid on Riquelme and Forlan.
Senna's the one doing all the dirty work (breaking up play, making tackles, protecting the back for, playing simple balls) that Riquelme never does, to allow Riquelme the freedom to make plays. That's not to say he is a limited player. His time with Spain showed that he was capable of supporting the attack as well.

Gti

1,000 RPM
Sep 5, 2004
Visit site
si|verfish said:
Senna's the one doing all the dirty work (breaking up play, making tackles, protecting the back for, playing simple balls) that Riquelme never does, to allow Riquelme the freedom to make plays. That's not to say he is a limited player. His time with Spain showed that he was capable of supporting the attack as well.
If that's the case then he must be quite a player because Villareal is a very diff team to break down.
It's a very irritating team to play against...haha

Seraph

2,000 RPM
Jun 20, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
si|verfish said:
All such players like Makelele, Senna, Nicky Butt, Gravesen, etc. don't get praise cause they do the dirty work and usually don't score goals. Fans don't really notice them but managers do. Thats why such players don't really gain fame.

keong_GSR

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
watch man.utd. vs porto last nite...3-1,rooney n scholes lose their temper again!!! anyway,solid defence n good in counter attack... but lack depth in midfield... 2nite vs ajax,what a game!!!

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
The unsung heroes!

But guys like Keane, Vieira still gets some attention although they've always been doing the dirty work. I guess you really have to stand out among the rest.

Seraph

2,000 RPM
Jun 20, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Rooney wants to become a United veteran

Wayne Rooney wants to follow in the footsteps of Manchester United veterans Gary Neville and Ryan Giggs by staying at the club 'as long as they have'.
Rooney, 20, arrived at Old Trafford in 2004 and although he is tied to a long-term contract would be willing to extend his deal. Rooney told the Sunday Mirror: 'People say I could now have my pick of clubs but this is where I want to be. I want to extend my contract at Manchester United. I don't want to go anywhere else. 'I look at people like Gary Neville and Ryan Giggs and I want to be here as long as they have. This is a big club and no-one I know ever wants to leave.'
This is good news for us and he will definately be a legend in no time. Okay some might say he is a legend already but I see him as possibly a bigger legend than he already is if he does not foul up himself like Sharpe or Gascoigne.

'Keane was only Celtic's 8th best-paid player'

Celtic manager Gordon Strachan has revealed Roy Keane moved to Parkhead despite being warned he would not be a first-choice midfielder and was only the club's eighth-highest earner.
Keane realised a lifetime ambition by signing for the Hoops after being released by Manchester United in December last year, playing in the Bank of Scotland Premier League for six months before retiring. He was reported to have been given a huge salary in Glasgow but Strachan, in his autobiography serialised in the Sunday Times, said: 'When Keane signed for us, a number of reports indicated he would be on £40,000 a week at Parkhead and the deal would be funded partly by (majority shareholder) Dermot Desmond. Neither was correct. 'The salary we agreed with him was considerably less than £40,000 a week, and even then it was dependent on the number of first-team appearances he made. 'Far from being Celtic's highest earner when he joined, he was no higher than eighth on the list. 'Dermot was brilliant in this matter. As one of Roy's Irish admirers, Dermot wanted him on board as much as anybody - but not at the expense of leaving us short of money for the group of younger players I wanted to sign.' Strachan said he was honest with Keane from the start about competition for places at Parkhead. 'Perhaps the most surprising aspect of Keane's decision to come to Celtic was that I could not even promise him a regular place in the team. 'At our meeting at Dermot's house in London to discuss the move, I told him `I still see you as a central midfielder. But the problem is that Neil Lennon and Stilian Petrov are doing too well in that area to be left out or moved elsewhere. 'If I had to select a team for the next match, and the three of you were all fit, I would have to plump for Neil and Stilian'. 'He was perfectly happy with that, for the simple reason that because of his affection for Celtic during his upbringing in the Irish Republic, he had genuinely set his heart on playing for the club.'
I guess people would do alot to reach a life long dream.

Solskjaer urged to forget playing for Norway

Sir Alex Ferguson has urged Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to forget any notion of reviving his international career.
After missing virtually three entire seasons with knee trouble, Solskjaer has so far come through Manchester United's current pre-season campaign without a problem. The 33-year-old came completed another encouraging 90 minutes against FC Porto in Amsterdam on Friday night and, having talked optimistically about returning to South Africa for the 2010 World Cup, there have been suggestions Solskjaer could be drafted back into the Norway squad for the eagerly-awaited friendly with Brazil in Oslo on August 16. Yet Ferguson does not believe adding extra games onto his current workload would be of any benefit to Solskjaer at all. And, while some may accuse the United boss of selfishness, he insists his advice is for the striker's own good. 'Ole should concentrate on club football,' said Ferguson. 'I am not saying that in a selfish way, I just feel it is difficult enough for him to complete a comeback as it is. 'To involve himself in and focus on international football at the age of 33, having been out for as long as he has, is asking too much.' As the delicate process of building up Solskjaer's match fitness without putting extra strain on his body continues, Ferguson kept the former Molde player on the sidelines for last night's win over Ajax. The United boss must now decide whether to play the veteran striker at Oxford on Tuesday or hand him another outing in the final friendly against Seville at Old Trafford next weekend. With Ruud van Nistelrooy now at Real Madrid, the threat of a three-match ban hanging over Wayne Rooney following his red card against Porto and Louis Saha yet to make an appearance during United's pre-season campaign, Ferguson knows Solskjaer could be a key figure in his planning to face Fulham in the Premiership opener on August 20. But, the Red Devils chief is also aware that, fully fit, there are few better than Solskjaer to call on in an emergency. 'Ole is looking fantastic at the moment,' said Ferguson. 'I am a bit surprised at the way he has come back because you get worried and anxious about any player in their 30s who suffers injuries like that. 'What we are trying to do now is ease him back in gradually. 'We have a plan mapped out for him and if he can keep clear of injury, his intelligence, movement and goalscoring ability would make him a fantastic addition to our squad.'
I'm wondering why Saha isn't playing yet?
Is SAF going to use him as a secret weapon against Fulham thats why he doesn't want to use him now so Fulham people have an idea of how Saha will be playing this season?

Rooney and Scholes to miss season openers?

Manchester United's hopes of making a flying start to the season look like being left to the mercy of the Football Association.
Although there was a strong feeling within Soho Square they would be spared the task of handling the double dismissal of Wayne Rooney and Paul Scholes in Amsterdam last night, it now transpires referee Ruud Bossen has reported both red cards to the Dutch FA, ignoring the precedent of past tournaments. As a consequence, the FA expect to be formally notified of the decisions on Monday, triggering an automatic charges of violent conduct against both men, which, if proved, would lead to three-match suspensions. However, there is still a strong possibility Rooney in particular could escape a ban as United are almost certain to lodge an appeal for wrongful dismissal in both cases. And, while the FA must be seen to be going through the correct disciplinary process, such an appeal is likely to get a sympathetic hearing as there is a strong body of opinion that players dismissed in pre-season games should not face such a hefty punishment. If any appeal on Rooney's behalf was successful, he would be free to face Fulham on August 20. Scholes' case is not quite so straightforward though as, even if the former England man is only deemed to have committed a yellow card offence when he went through the back of Quaresma, having already received one caution, the result could still be a one-match ban. Such a scenario would be a blow to Ferguson as he has already indicated Scholes would partner £16.8million new-boy Michael Carrick against Fulham. But it is the latest controversy over Rooney which provides the United boss with his greatest headache for he now has a problem on his hands, if not necessarily curbing the youngster, so crucial to United's chances of making any impact on Chelsea this term, then in attempting to shield him from wily defenders eager to exploit his fragile temper and referees looking for a `trophy' dismissal. The United boss felt elements of both contributed to last night's red card, the fourth of Rooney's career, which came just 34 days after he was given his marching orders during England's World Cup quarter-final defeat to Portugal. 'Players are diving and acting so much now we are almost accepting it, which we should not do,' said Ferguson. 'The defender made a meal of it, which makes it hard for the referee but he should have done better as well. 'You hope commonsense would prevail but that was a ridiculous decision.' Ferguson's theory was backed up by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, who implored Bossen to spare Rooney the embarrassment of another lone walk down the tunnel. 'I tried to tell the referee it was only a friendly and Wayne had not really done anything wrong but he wasn't having it,' said the veteran Norwegian forward. 'There was no intent to hurt or damage the other player and really, the referee just spoiled the game.' The FA have pledged to deal with the disciplinary cases long before the season begins, although, for now Ferguson has more pressing concerns about the make-up of his defence.
The ref is named Ruud too?
I wonder if heis angry SAF booted his namesake :emoticon_U:

I think SAF should reinforce abit more every season opener we seem to be piling up on injuries, well, when everyone is on song we're unbeatable but when there are injuries there isn't enough squad depth but I guess a huge squad will have another problem which is the team is disjointed and don't gel as well as a small squad like Arsenal.

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
I didn't know red cards from friendly games are counted in when the EPL starts.

To be really honest, Man Utd haven't been buying some super players as they use to. Maybe they've lost some transfer market influence. Gone are they days where Man Utd unveil super stars like Rio, Ronaldo, Rooney, RVN, Veron and etc. They have to be content with Carrick.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
What wretched luck with injuries!!!

The gods of football must not like United very much. And we'll probably lose Rooney and Scholes for the first few games. Sigh...

Poor Carrick, he must have not wanted the start of his United career to go like this. We are going to have to start the season without several key players thats for sure. Not good.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
prodigy said:

To be really honest, Man Utd haven't been buying some super players as they use to. Maybe they've lost some transfer market influence. Gone are they days where Man Utd unveil super stars like Rio, Ronaldo, Rooney, RVN, Veron and etc. They have to be content with Carrick.
Is this an attempted wind up?

I'm actually happy with buying relatively lower profile players instead of mega name players.

As a reminder, this club was built on youth and bargain buys. I don't like trying to emulate Real Madrid or Chelsea in terms of their buying policy.

Being a fan of Arsenal, I thought you should very much appreciate that.

Furthermore, what has buying Carrick got to do with "transfer market influence"? Fergie wanted Carrick A LOT. He wasn't settling for him as you make it sound. And we didn't go for some big players and got rejected did we now. So how did you come to that conclusion?

Of course, if you'd like to believe what the media wants you to believe, Manchester United is a club in crisis and on a downturn for years and years now. Exactly what their definition of "crisis" and "downturn", one would never know.

Last edited:

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
BTW, that ref was being a fucking cunt in both dismissals.

For one, the tournament is basically a glorified friendly. refs should apply some common sense and leniency so long as there wasn't anything really bad going on.

Two, Rooney's collision with the other player wasn't intentional. He didn't do a de Rossi and looked to elbow the other player.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Sigh...sometimes I wish that some of United's gloryhunting fans should bugger off and start supporting Chelsea already.

They'll be happier supporting moneybags Chelsea (who does everything to appease their Championship Manager tendencies) and true United fans would be happier to be rid of them.

Last edited:

munky

1,500 RPM
Jul 18, 2004
PJ
www.playboy.com
the ref was stupid. It wasn't even an elbow. It was just his hands. And he didn't even look at his face. And the ref didn't show any card when a porto player did the same thing to man utd player, according to fergie. I didn't watch the whole match

Gti

1,000 RPM
Sep 5, 2004
Visit site
to those who wants to think that united is in crisis...
well it is kinda good crisis..
even if we are in crisis...we managed to finish a credible second with patch up team,such as defender playing as midfielder,midfielder playing as striker and striker playing as midfielder.
Where were the so called teams that was not in crisis?
Liverpool?Arsenal?
Can't even beat a team in crisis?
Yes Man u were in crisis.Injury crisis mind you.

Seraph

2,000 RPM
Jun 20, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Aiyah.

United is in a different class then if thats considereda crisis.
SAF gotta give chance to Chelsea and the rest by getting all his star players injured before the season starts again this year too.

Just to make things interesting. :_:

Duke Red

2,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Earth
prodigy said:
If they didn't, it would defeat the purpose of giving out cards during friendlies ler.

prodigy said:
Despite the fact I hate everything the mancs stand for, I honestly think Carrick is a good buy and I find it puzzling that so many critics seem to think the mancs 'settled' for Carrick. I think he's exactly the sort of player they need. Aside from his obvious defensive strengths, his distribution is something that is sorely lacking in todays side (of course secretly I hope he flops lah). Forget about todays superstars if you ask me. Most of them are nomads who are looking for the highest bidder. Give me a hard working average player anytime and turn him into a star.

Duke Red

2,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Earth
si|verfish said:
Two, Rooney's collision with the other player wasn't intentional. He didn't do a de Rossi and looked to elbow the other player.
Did you read the article on Rooney in yesterdays copy of the NST? Sadly his reputation for trouble preceeds him. It's a reputation that will take sometime to change, if that's at all possible.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys, I'm driving a persona iafm 4AT.

installed Arospeed fuel pressure regulator few weeks ago and the setting is at 2.8bar (~40psi). after i read up, i found out that the standard pressure setting shud b around 3.5bar or so. just wanna know, at this low pressure 2.8bar, will it cause transmission lag issue? cz im facing transmission lag issue. it is like transmission slipping when gear upshifting.

first time using FPR so no experience in it.:help:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience