make my car faster

synail

Known Member
May 13, 2004
Visit site
A 2000cc engine will be called as big bully for 4g13 since 700cc different d..
500cc enough what.. unlimited budget d.. 4g93 Mivec Turbo enough d.. or Mivec 1600 cc BOT just 300 cc different..:driver:

the best part street legal..:driver:
Ur rite bro...make it street legal n roadworthy

wsonny

Known Member
May 21, 2005
Ampang
Welcome back brother. There is nothing like displacement for more oomph. Probably just plonk in bigger engine or buy bigger engine car like 1.6. Overhaul cost depends on what is to be changed also. If changing pistons and the whole lot won't be cheap either.
Let sifu bro. Izso comment on this.....:driver:
yes i know, sometime is just for the sake of fun mod the car or getting to know more detail of different c.c engine mod. everyone also wan to drive fast car like lambo or ferrari but it doesn't mean u know the performance of the car well enough.
I like those who driving an rebuild evo 10 taking over a lambo in the drag race track as the time and effort they put into they evo. :proud:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
yes i know, sometime is just for the sake of fun mod the car or getting to know more detail of different c.c engine mod. everyone also wan to drive fast car like lambo or ferrari but it doesn't mean u know the performance of the car well enough.
I like those who driving an rebuild evo 10 taking over a lambo in the drag race track as the time and effort they put into they evo. :proud:
But not much you can do with 1.3 NA....hhahhaha:rofl:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Don't bother stroking a 1.3 wira. It's cheaper to buy the whole engine. And as long as the block changes, you need to endorse it otherwise insurance will give you hell (in the event of an accident).

A 1.3L Gb has short ratios, you'll never reach 200km/h. But uphill and track days this gearbox is a nice thing to have. Lots of low end torque.

What's your budget? If you have a healthy budget, you cannot legally go higher than 1.6L so you can either opt for a Mivec engine or just buy a cheap 4G15 and mod the crap outta it. 1.6L stroke and bore, super charge, and you'll have one helluva hill climb machine

wsonny

Known Member
May 21, 2005
Ampang
But not much you can do with 1.3 NA....hhahhaha:rofl:
Understand bro... Hehe on second thought is just wan to make the car squeeze the max power n maintain it well for daily drive. I think is good enough for good pick up n up hill more power. Not into 200km/hr top speed.

Then when budget enough only get another turbo car.

wsonny

Known Member
May 21, 2005
Ampang
Don't bother stroking a 1.3 wira. It's cheaper to buy the whole engine. And as long as the block changes, you need to endorse it otherwise insurance will give you hell (in the event of an accident).

A 1.3L Gb has short ratios, you'll never reach 200km/h. But uphill and track days this gearbox is a nice thing to have. Lots of low end torque.

What's your budget? If you have a healthy budget, you cannot legally go higher than 1.6L so you can either opt for a Mivec engine or just buy a cheap 4G15 and mod the crap outta it. 1.6L stroke and bore, super charge, and you'll have one helluva hill climb machine
Budget not enough yet, but had a second though is just make the 1.3 healthy for daily run and get another turbo car for weekend ride.

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J

I think the 1.3 block doesn't have enough space to be stroked either ways.

1.3l GB you can hit 200kmh, but either at 6500rpm or slightly higher.

You can endorse in a 1.8 block, but you have to get a form from JPJ before endorsing at puspakom.

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
My car is all standard, bought it last month with just RM5k, rim size 16,...i got friend also have wira 1.3, he can speed up to 200+kmh in just a few sec, not much he modified, no turbo...he wont tell what he changed..
If you want simple, the easiest solution is to trade your 16" wheels for 15" ones because 16" wheels are normally heavy...

For your engine, there's no point trying to build the 4G13 because of the capacity of the block. Since it's smaller than a 4G15 block, you have cannot stroke it. The piston diameter also is smaller.

You have 3 options:

Option 1: If you're lazy to do an engine swap, you can go cari2 for a 4G15 block with internals then think about what you whether you want to go NA or Turbo.

If you're going NA, you can just take the route most members here on ZTH have taken: Find a 1st batch waja crankshaft (17mm I think? Guys correct me if i'm wrong please :hmmmm:) and 76mm pistons from either a campro 1.6, waja, or 1.3 campro. The pistons IF I recall correctly are in order from lowest to highest compression ratio using the same headgasket.

The 3 pistons all have different surface areas at the top, so depending on your headgasket thickness and piston, your compression ratio will change accordingly. You get more power with a higher compression, but chances are you will have to run Ron 97 if you go too kao la. :rofl: Conrods are similar between 4G15 and 4G18, so don't worry about that just yet.

After that you can start modding with highcams, management, ITBs/4throttles, whatever you want to do with your budget haha.

Option 2: If you want to go turbo, you can do the same as mentioned about the block + crankshaft method above but find low-compression 76mm pistons and a set of forged conrods from mudah and a thick head gasket. Then you have to find a turbo manifold, turbo, injectors, fuel pump, intercooler, blow off valve, air filter, clutch, get the IC pipes, exhaust, and downpipe custom made + some sort of engine management.

Option 3: If you are malas to go through the hassle of burning money and learning how to build an engine, you can swap in a 4G91, get an exhaust system done, endorse it and have a bit of fun!

Extra Option: Swap a 4G93 Sohc, go to JPJ for an approval letter, fill that in, hope to God puspakom
passes your car through inspection.

Both the 4G1 and 4G9 engines have enough aftermarket parts around to make both the engines fun to drive, but i'll give you a heads up on what the pros and cons are for both engines:

4G1 engines even though there is a stroker kit to make it close to a 1800cc engine, the engine is quite limited from the port size/design and intake manifold. If you're chasing HP numbers, the 4G15 isn't the engine you're looking for. The plus side to it, if you are ok with having an engine with decent power and rather learn to be a better faster driver, this is a good choice because the parts are much cheaper than the 4G9 series.

The 4G9 series will make much more power any day, but it's more expensive to modify NA or Turbo, whichever way you choose. Both the 4G1 and 4G9 engines have enough aftermarket parts around to make both the engines fun to drive.

There are a lot more things you can do to your car to make it more powerful, but it depends on your budget and what you want to do with the car la. Whenever you mod something, there will be a sacrifice somewhere else. I highly suggest if you are you just got your license, don't chase power. Having a lot of power but being a lousy driver can be quite scary... but that's just my 2 cents la haha. :biggrin:

Happy modding! :burnout:

Last edited:

wsonny

Known Member
May 21, 2005
Ampang
If you want simple, the easiest solution is to trade your 16" wheels for 15" ones because 16" wheels are normally heavy...

For your engine, there's no point trying to build the 4G13 because of the capacity of the block. Since it's smaller than a 4G15 block, you have cannot stroke it. The piston diameter also is smaller.

You have 3 options:

Option 1: If you're lazy to do an engine swap, you can go cari2 for a 4G15 block with internals then think about what you whether you want to go NA or Turbo.

If you're going NA, you can just take the route most members here on ZTH have taken: Find a 1st batch waja crankshaft (17mm I think? Guys correct me if i'm wrong please :hmmmm:) and 76mm pistons from either a campro 1.6, waja, or 1.3 campro. The pistons IF I recall correctly are in order from lowest to highest compression ratio using the same headgasket.

The 3 pistons all have different surface areas at the top, so depending on your headgasket thickness and piston, your compression ratio will change accordingly. You get more power with a higher compression, but chances are you will have to run Ron 97 if you go too kao la. :rofl: Conrods are similar between 4G15 and 4G18, so don't worry about that just yet.

After that you can start modding with highcams, management, ITBs/4throttles, whatever you want to do with your budget haha.

Option 2: If you want to go turbo, you can do the same as mentioned about the block + crankshaft method above but find low-compression 76mm pistons and a set of forged conrods from mudah and a thick head gasket. Then you have to find a turbo manifold, turbo, injectors, fuel pump, intercooler, blow off valve, air filter, clutch, get the IC pipes, exhaust, and downpipe custom made + some sort of engine management.

Option 3: If you are malas to go through the hassle of burning money and learning how to build an engine, you can swap in a 4G91, get an exhaust system done, endorse it and have a bit of fun!

Extra Option: Swap a 4G93 Sohc, go to JPJ for an approval letter, fill that in, hope to God puspakom
passes your car through inspection.

Both the 4G1 and 4G9 engines have enough aftermarket parts around to make both the engines fun to drive, but i'll give you a heads up on what the pros and cons are for both engines:

4G1 engines even though there is a stroker kit to make it close to a 1800cc engine, the engine is quite limited from the port size/design and intake manifold. If you're chasing HP numbers, the 4G15 isn't the engine you're looking for. The plus side to it, if you are ok with having an engine with decent power and rather learn to be a better faster driver, this is a good choice because the parts are much cheaper than the 4G9 series.

The 4G9 series will make much more power any day, but it's more expensive to modify NA or Turbo, whichever way you choose. Both the 4G1 and 4G9 engines have enough aftermarket parts around to make both the engines fun to drive.

There are a lot more things you can do to your car to make it more powerful, but it depends on your budget and what you want to do with the car la. Whenever you mod something, there will be a sacrifice somewhere else. I highly suggest if you are you just got your license, don't chase power. Having a lot of power but being a lousy driver can be quite scary... but that's just my 2 cents la haha. :biggrin:

Happy modding! :burnout:
Thanks for all the sharing. Until now I manage to make the car free from all the vibration noise n it drive like new car now. I do understand if spending money to chase for HP in this 4G13 is like pouring money into drain. But I feel good to restoring this car back to a good condition n run better compare to last time.

For HP/faster car I plan to buy another car like 4G93 NA/turbo

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi All,
Just wondering, if Tufoil is "the worlds slipperiest" lubricant, then is it possible for me to use it outside of cars, like on my sliding doors and windows?

Or does Tufoil require an oil to become slippery?

If my Tufoil leaks onto the road from my engine, will other cars skid on it? :p

Thanks
Drake
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience