Local ECU

Status
Not open for further replies.

aliyatech

Jul 12, 2006
Hi All,

I'm new in this site. I just want to let you guys know that I am in the final stages of completing the development of Malaysia's one & only very own ECU which is benchmarked against Motec. It took my team of engineers 5 years to develop this. Users of this ECU will be given the software to do your very own engine tuning, performance monitoring & data logging from your laptop.

The unit should be ready for testing sometime in late August or early September this year. Unfortunately, I am having some problems finding an engine dyno to do the test before the ECU can be properly marketed.

Does anyone know where can I find an engine dyno? I can be reached at [email protected]

Thx.

140dB

Known Member
Mar 27, 2005
johor
yo,

Sorry to blow ur bubble.
there is this ONE guy in ipoh who made and marketing his own programmable ecu called Protech ages ago.

i hear Matspeed got an engine dyno

aliyatech

Jul 12, 2006
140dB,

What happend to Protech now? Is it still in the market?

Thx for the tip on Matspeed.

ecupro

Known Member
Nov 30, 2005
140db.
Thanks bro. You wake me up again.
I still need "Si Fu" here.
Wah....Finally, must see all this "guy"....one day, or may be two days...

aliyatech, "Local ecu",
When can i meet you? ( suggest on saturday )
Mr. Leow, 017-5730716 (Ipoh)

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
140db
Why did'nt you buy this Protech ECU for your BOT project? Your E-manage only can do so little compared to Protech.

ECUpro
You should have push your Protech to 140dB, then it would have made a benchmarked for your Protech ECU's performance.

Imagine, 4G13 BOT with Protech. 100% made in Malaysia. WIll open many people eyes.

ecupro

Known Member
Nov 30, 2005
Joeker,
You are right, Two Forces joint become a Big Power.
May be....one day, when one Force become bigger....he....he...he.....sound like "Star Wars...Part....

140db, we will meet....some how....some day.... some time, what do you think....he..he...he

ecupro

Known Member
Nov 30, 2005
aliyatech did call me up and nice to talk with him. He own his company and also from X Proton. Have to wait for final touch. I think we all lucky at this time, right ?

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
Mr Leow,

Actually I working on new Turbo project.

I want to make Bolt On Turbo for fuel economy.

My goal is to modify engine the engine not only for horsepower performance but also low fuel consumption, emission friendly and user friendly power (low and mid rev range)

For example a 2.0 litre engine with Bolt on Turbo that only consumes 10 litres of gasoline for a 150km drive.

Maybe, your Protech can help this project.

aliyatech

Jul 12, 2006
Joeker,

Proton is not committed to help local R&D. I say this from experience. The racing ECU that I am developing now is actually a spin-off from a collaborated effort to produce stock ECU with Proton and Lotus in 1997. Then something happened - which is not worth mentioning here as it gives me major heartache just thinking about it - and I aborted the project in late 1999 when my ECU was about 60% completed. The ECU was supposed to be Malaysia's proud "local brain" in our supposedly Malaysian-made cars.

So now I'm back, trying to finish up this long overdue project and I'm doing it for the motorsports market instead. My benchmark is Motec's M600 and I'm hoping to export this to motorsports enthusiasts all over the world.

At the moment, the highly complex mathematical algorithms is done and work to translate this into computer source codes using C Language is about 90% ready. Once done, this powerful program will be embedded inside Siemens' C-167 microcontroller. In the meantime, the user interface software that is quite comparable to Motec & Haltech is almost there.

I'm now waiting for the prototype PCB to arrive from the manufacturer which should come in anytime next week. Once its in, we'll start the electronic components assembly/mounting on the PCB and then conduct some lab tests for about a months before proceeding with engine dyno testing. How long is this testing going to take until I get the perfection I aim for, I can't say for sure. But whatever it is, I'm seriously targeting for mass production by the end of the year & hope I can meet this.

See you guys around...

aliyatech

Jul 12, 2006
Ecupro, there's a correction that needs to be made here. I'm not X-Proton. Instead, my company initiated the local ECU development project with Proton in 1999, where Lotus was then brought into the picture to jointlty collaborate.

I had very good support from Lotus and Proton's engineers, but not its top management. So, I aborted the project in 1999 and shelved the project for 7 years before deciding to make a comeback early this year to finish up this long overdue project.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
big dreams, big spirit and great determination. thats what we need more in Malaysia. good luck aliyatech, hopefully when i'm looking for an aftermarket ECU, yours will be on the top of the list.

ecupro

Known Member
Nov 30, 2005
Joeker,
Working on Turbo project!
What car and engine you are using ?

After some maths calculation, here and there, i think it is impossible for 2.0 liter engine and use 10 liter for 150 km, even on high-way ( 110km/hr ).
Hope, i am not wrong here.

Here, we only use liter and not money. ( 1 liter = RM 1.92 )

I am using wira with 4G61t, 1600cc ( vr4 brother ) with my Protech ecu, 15 inch-195/55 tyre, standard turbo, i only can get 8.2 ~ 8.5 km for 1 liter ( town area, Ipoh ).
If i use stock ecu, i only can get better, i think will be 1 liter for 9.0 ~ 9.2 km

What do you think ?

ecupro

Known Member
Nov 30, 2005
aliyatech,
What a goal!
Sorry for wrong information.
See you on other days!
Good team and work up...Good Luck.

We have a team and ecu for all of us!

speedchaser

Known Member
Sep 21, 2004
KL & Ipoh
Now that's something that will kick-start my enthusiasm for my "motor-passion" which had been somewhat dimmed.

Professore... let's start supercharging my V6 for a start. What say u?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi,

i've been told that 4G63t from evo 1-3 (some say 2G block??) are prone to crack which is not good for high hp application.

yeah i know that evo 3 is a bit high compression..but if change to forged low compression piston but other's like block, conrod, crank, bearing and so on still stock...how many torque/hp is the max before damage ?

ok, after that some people told me..the piston is ok (except for high comp evo 3), but the conrod is sooo weak.

now, if change piston+conrod..and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience