Local ECU

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom and Joeker,
I (ecupro), am SORRY to act like that..... ( to make the thread more fun, right )

He is slow.......

Ecupro..i have a situation here,let say an engine with standard ecu have been modified and it is be able to suck more air than before,let say previously at 5000rpm it can suck 3kg/s,then after some modification it can suck 3.2kg/s..this will make the mixture lean is it.Will the ecu compensate for this,and theoritically if the ecu compensate for this,the engine should be making more power is it,what do u think.And how about if the ecu cannot compensate enough and we change to bigger injector,then the ecu compensate,also this way the engine should be making more power than a standard engine...is that correct? thanks

Yes, you are right. ( let say on full load )

If the injector still have a "room", normally, we will increase the number on fuel map table on that particular load "cell".

Normally, more air, more fuel and more power.

Here, a pic for a "Linker" and a 5 channel digital analyser

ecupro, a quick question here.
not sure you understand tho.

is is possible if i retrofitted my engine with a proton ECU wiring loom + protech ecu, tuned to suit?

i'm on 16V dohc k-Jetronic now.
if possible going fer tunable ecu wud be nice. i actually assume retrofitting a SGTI complete wiring with a programmable ecu wud be a lot cheaper than branded standalone (MoTec,haltech..etc)

tuning old motors is sooo troublesome..

tq.

HKS-GT2835R,
You quote :
"is is possible if i retrofitted my engine with a proton ECU wiring loom + protech ecu, tuned to suit?"

Seem to be no problem.

You quote :
"i'm on 16V dohc k-Jetronic now. "

Bro, do not let old men to think so much. Please goto the point. you mention on "16V dohc k-jectronic", what's that ?

Can you just say like "Putra engine head",4G91 or 4G93 and 1.6 "engine block".

What about the distributor, single coil system( like Proton,Wira 1.6) or twin coils system( like Proton, Putra 1.8 ) ?

What about throttle body, like Proton,Wira 1.6 ( with gear system ) or like Proton Putra 1.8 ( stepper motor, normally 6 wires with square socket ) ?

Or, Just say, basically, like "Putra", 4G93, or "Satria,GTi"

Sorry to ask you this question.

You quote :
"if possible going fer tunable ecu wud be nice. i actually assume retrofitting a SGTI complete wiring with a programmable ecu wud be a lot cheaper than branded standalone (MoTec,haltech..etc)"

Yes, it is tunable ecu ( one thing, please buy the note book with serial port or com1, because most programmable ecu design using serial port )

Yes, it is a lot cheaper than branded standalone.

ecupro said:
HKS-GT2835R,
You quote :
"is is possible if i retrofitted my engine with a proton ECU wiring loom + protech ecu, tuned to suit?"

Seem to be no problem.
ok great. i'll do some more research based on this.

ecupro said:
You quote :
"i'm on 16V dohc k-Jetronic now. "

Bro, do not let old men to think so much. Please goto the point. you mention on "16V dohc k-jectronic", what's that ?

Can you just say like "Putra engine head",4G91 or 4G93 and 1.6 "engine block".

What about the distributor, single coil system( like Proton,Wira 1.6) or twin coils system( like Proton, Putra 1.8 ) ?

What about throttle body, like Proton,Wira 1.6 ( with gear system ) or like Proton Putra 1.8 ( stepper motor, normally 6 wires with square socket ) ?

Or, Just say, basically, like "Putra", 4G93, or "Satria,GTi"

Sorry to ask you this question.
hahah..
so sorry (old?) man.
my car is a 1985 Vw Golf Gti, on k-jet EMS, as they call it.
single coil system, dual throttle that opens both after 5000rpm or so.
basically old stuff. wanna see what my options are.
it's european, so tuning's a bit of a task here.

ecupro said:
You quote :
"if possible going fer tunable ecu wud be nice. i actually assume retrofitting a SGTI complete wiring with a programmable ecu wud be a lot cheaper than branded standalone (MoTec,haltech..etc)"
Yes, it is tunable ecu ( one thing, please buy the note book with serial port or com1, because most programmable ecu design using serial port )

Yes, it is a lot cheaper than branded standalone.[/quote]

that's the word i wanna hear, actually.:cyclops:
'Cheaper than standalone'.

HKS-GT2835R,
You quote :

Bro, you see, i guest WRONG again. I thought you using "Mitsubishi" engine.

So, 1985 Vw Golf, GTi, single coil system. I think there is a big wheel " 58 teeth and 2 missing teeth" on the crank. ( like BMW or new Proton, Wira 1.5 )

My ecu can not support this kind of system due to i don't have this engine setup ( on the crank ), i mean not yet R & D.

Bro, if i guest WRONG again, it is much better, if you distrubutor can modify to Mitsubishi like Wira 1.6 or Nissan ( 360 slots, Window 4,Optical ) and to fit in your camshlft.
If you modify to Mitsubishi like 4G91,493,4G61,4G63T, you can have twin coils system.

To all,
Please goto "ECU electronic component question" thread on page 2.
Please drop in and see my history. ( pic on home made ecu or diy ecu )

to ecupro and aliyatech
do u write the assembly language for the microcontroller or
write in high level programming language and convert it by using some kind of disassembler?

r4g3,

aliyatech quote :

"At the moment, the highly complex mathematical algorithms is done and work to translate this into computer source codes using C Language is about 90% ready. Once done, this powerful program will be embedded inside Siemens' C-167 microcontroller. In the meantime, the user interface software that is quite comparable to Motec & Haltech is almost there. "

For myself, i do not know C Language or C++.
For my microcontroller ( 8051-Family ), i write in asmble language...ha..ha..ha...( very old old programmer,,,,he,,,he,,,he)
For user interface software, i write in Turbo Pascal ( Dos Mode ) and Visual Basic Six ( Window Mode...he...he...he....Not release...still need Si Fu here )

cuscostrutbrace,
You quote :
"How the software communicate with the codes(or program) inside the ecu actually?"

The codes you mention is not a program, is a data.
This bank of codes, have to frame it, or data format, or correct way is call "Protocol"

I am still leraning but still can not find better and easy protocol.( we are talking on real time )

The user interface for the PC is ok. ( Dos base ).Download and upload the data also no problem, edit on particular cell ( rpm vs load ) also not problem ( real time )

But, for Window base, i did not release it ( still need Si Fu here ) because when come to edit on particular cell , it is not stable ( on editing mode ). For download and upload part are not problem at all. I am still looking a better and easy way on protocol.

Ok. come back to question. The protocol i use, like a local network,blue tooth.
That mean : Syn Code, Address Code and Data Code.

Example:

Map sensor assign as address 01 data = 35
Throttle sensor assign as address 02 data = 12
Coolant sensor assign as address 03 data = 43

When ecu send out the code ( aways send code, my ecu ), code may look like:

Syn Address Data Syn Address Data Syn Address Data..........
254 01 35 254 02 12 254 03 43...........

When PC receive the code ( in this case, the high level language, easly to code here ), like :

read_com1
if syn = 254 then
begin
read_com1
if address = 01 then
begin
read_com1
print "Map reading is ", 35
end
else
if address = 02 then
begin
read_com1
print "Throttle reading is ", 12
end
else
if address = 03 then
begin
read_com1
print "Coolant reading is ", 43
end
end.

So far, PC read the code from ECU.

For PC want to write a code ( example, increase or decrease on fuel map table in ECU ), ...he....he.....

You know, very technical on this topic.....

"Ting.....Ting.....Ting" ( bell ringing , the prof. safe by the bell )

"Class, go back and read chapter 100...."

he...he.....he

wah..very complex..how about the programand the math functions in the ecu that calculates the injection time,ignition and all that?It must have a program right?

cuscostrutbrace,
You quote :
"wah..very complex..how about the programand the math functions in the ecu that calculates the injection time,ignition and all that?It must have a program right?"

aliyatech quote :
" the highly complex mathematical algorithms is done and work to translate this into computer source codes using C Language is about 90% ready. Once done, this powerful program will be embedded inside Siemens' C-167 microcontroller."

Well, for my ecu, i use simple method,scaleing.

Example:
Colant table : ( engine on normal condition )
03 03 03 03 03 02 01 01 03 04 06.....
( let say value is 01 )

Map fuel table :

Map loading table :

Map scale table :

Let say the map value is 1 ( idleing ), as you can see from map loading table, there are four 1, and, as you can see from map scale table, the scale like 0,1,2,3.

If in light loading, the map scale table might be 1 althought map loading table still indicate 1.
So, the fuel will be : base fuel + ( (right_side base fuel - base fuel) / 4 * map scale ) + coolant table
So, 22 + (( 28 - 22 ) / 4 * 1 ) + 1 = 24.5 ( fuel )

If in a bit high loading, the map scale table might be 2 ( map loadind table still 1 )

So, 22 + (( 28 - 22 ) /4 * 2 ) + 1 = 26 ( fuel )

So, a very rough math algorithms. Anyway, it work.

Off couse, Mr, Manan's ( aliyatech ) ecu is more more powerful math algorithms program in it.( Benchmark M600.......he....he....he )

So, what do you think off.
I am still Best of the Best...he...he...he
But, i still need Si Fu here.....

Mr. Manan, can you tell some story or your team work now.
I can not hold any more.......( very boring ), right

Hello every one,
Most of you all "pening"
I think Mr.Manan,aliyatech also "pening", because he and lis team using the highly complex mathematical algorithms.
For me, i am using "Kampong" abacus algorithms.( you will say like that also can! )

Hello, Mr Manan, can you upload some ecu pictures or screen shoot on software.
Otherwise, "people here think you and your team just a "BIG TALK"...ha...ha...ha

Mr.Manan, just show a bit, can or not! I didn't ask you to show all 32-bits..he..he

He...he...he...Mr. Manan still "pening" lah may be due to my "Kampong" maths...

Actually, I did call Mr.Manan some time in this week.
He meet up with "PROTON" on engine dyno with his "M600" in "Shah Alam"

Emmm....i wonder why Mr. Manan need a engine dyno mechine ?
What i know is, normally, a new or R & D engine like Campro, need a dyno for the power and toque.

and wonder when the Campro which have a valve lift ( like MIVEC ) can come out ?

Mr. Manan, i think every one want to hear from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom