LIVERPOOL FC-Great Britain Greatest Club

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
they loked a different team without owen...that wasnt liverpool isaw today

if liverpool is goin to spent money on players ...
u guys think who should they spent on....

hi liverpool fans,

i think the problem with the reds are, they did progress as the top 3 team did....remember last 2 seasons when we r having a good run...at that time we can be consider at PAR with MU and Arsenal....but after that season GH did buy a good players ...he called bruno, salif, diouf A GOOD BUY ..PLEASE !!!!!

That is the problem with reds they did progress as what MU n arsenal r doing ...if the money to buy this 3 donkeys are spent to buy a "reasonable player" then i reckon we will still be in the hunt for the title this season!!!

and furthermore, i think this 3 donkeys should go!! apart from them i think we need to get a REAL defender and not a mids player to be a defender...again i think liverpool miss Gary McCalister (the old head that can lead by an example like what R.Keane r doing at MU) ahhhhh to much to list down ....

but what ever happen..get into CL or UEFA or not even qualified into Europe...will always be the REDS fan....forever REDS!!! B)

sorry for the loong talk...hope u guys dont mind !!

i agree with you mellon. hollier made a few costly mistake which cost them heavily this 2 seasons. firstly, they sold jari litmanen, which i thought was pretty damn quick and good. the thing is, u may not realise when u sell a player or two that ure actually affecting the rest of the players. like litmanen, he was scoring a couple of goals here and there but look at it in overall, some of the goals were vital goals and help lift the morale of the team when their down or so on. just look at arsenal after they won the double in 1998. they sold petit, overmars, suker and anelka after they won the double and as a result they lost to man utd the following year. the moral here is NOT to sell your backbone players.

secondly, they had a very very good capture at nicholas anelka last 2 season when they got him on loan and view to purchase at the end of the season. but houlier surprisingly rejected the offer for watsoever reason. bad decision no. 2.

thirdly, he made some weird(correct word to use here?!?!?) buys and yes, in the form of salif diao, cheyrou and to some extent diouf which i see haven't really made any impact so far. some of these players may have made an impact in world cup but certainly not in EPL. this year, i've got to admit houllier made the purchase of the year in the form of harry kewell for dirt cheap and we all thought liverpool will be back. sadly kewell alone isn't enuff and worst still when michael owen, kewell, carragher went off injured the at around the same time.

that pretty much sums up liverpool fortune and sadly i think houllier is gonna be the next manager out of job next year. unless of coz they go on with a 18 match unbeatean run.

Originally posted by prodigy@Dec 25 2003, 07:02 PM
i agree with you mellon. hollier made a few costly mistake which cost them heavily this 2 seasons. firstly, they sold jari litmanen, which i thought was pretty damn quick and good. the thing is, u may not realise when u sell a player or two that ure actually affecting the rest of the players. like litmanen, he was scoring a couple of goals here and there but look at it in overall, some of the goals were vital goals and help lift the morale of the team when their down or so on. just look at arsenal after they won the double in 1998. they sold petit, overmars, suker and anelka after they won the double and as a result they lost to man utd the following year. the moral here is NOT to sell your backbone players.

secondly, they had a very very good capture at nicholas anelka last 2 season when they got him on loan and view to purchase at the end of the season. but houlier surprisingly rejected the offer for watsoever reason. bad decision no. 2.

thirdly, he made some weird(correct word to use here?!?!?) buys and yes, in the form of salif diao, cheyrou and to some extent diouf which i see haven't really made any impact so far. some of these players may have made an impact in world cup but certainly not in EPL. this year, i've got to admit houllier made the purchase of the year in the form of harry kewell for dirt cheap and we all thought liverpool will be back. sadly kewell alone isn't enuff and worst still when michael owen, kewell, carragher went off injured the at around the same time.

that pretty much sums up liverpool fortune and sadly i think houllier is gonna be the next manager out of job next year. unless of coz they go on with a 18 match unbeatean run.
hehe yeah its a mistake selling off analka ... but i think and base on the rumour that analka was asking for quite a high pay and the nego end up houlier dulan with him hahaha damn.... but he's a proven striker in EPL what a waste LFC didnt get him

as for the 3 player GH has buy namely bronu, diouf and dieo, why they fail? its all becoz of man management....

1) bronu cheyou - he's natural position is playing in the hole behind 2 striker, but where does GH play him? left side wing

2) dieo - he's a defansive midfileder similer role to gerrard, viara , and keane but where he end up playing?

3) diouf - striker become right wing ... but haiyah personally i think they are not EPL player, to play in EPL U got to be big and strong

but again... 3 of the plus together is still cheaper compare to Veron

maybe he is just trying to hard to find better bargain

but i personally think GH is running out of idea he should move on and let someone take over and do other thing maybe head scout for finding yeong player as he is quite good at it, he buy le tellac and pongolla all together for 6M compare to one ronaldo for 12M

another reason is he just dont have big budget to spend so have to spend smart loh

but i am tired of his tactics, a bit too easy for the oponent to figure it out

if only we have the same team in 2000/2001 that the best year we had so far

wat veron has to do wit it???? :huh:

anyway... at least Man Utd won the premiership.... and manage to sell him back for 15M.... hmmm.... Liverpool look more stronger wit the new signing... and they did won a trebel...i mean the mickey mouse trebel :lol: ....without this player.... and im hoping this season they could be one of the contender for the premiership, the league is getting less competative... every year, either Man Utd or Arsenal... thanks god... chelski is now in the picture.... so liverpool...plz buck up......

Hail the devils!!! :)

CONCLUSION!

SACK GH!!!!!
get martin oneill or something..
seriously.. liverpool has potential players..
look at owen , gerrard, kewell , hyppia , hamann... all world class players
look at the other teams above them now.. like southampton, fulham , birmingham.. the most they have one world class player... but their managers are good and at least well better then STUPIT GH!!!

personally, i don't like to take away what GH has achieved with liverpool and its quite sad if liverpool sack GH because GH almost gave his life for liverpool and more importantly the treble(albeit a mickey mouse one). its not crisis yet but liverpool just lack that sort of depth that arsenal and man utd has. true enuff they have great players like owen, gerrard, murphy, hamann and etc but sometimes when you're losing a game, it takes a lot of depth and courage for players to fight back from losing a game to knocking a few goals in to win it. in this case, i doubt liverpool has this depth. liverpool is good only when owen plays well. but its impossible for owen to play well 38 games a year. even henry and van nistelrooy has their off day. this is when u need strength and depthness of your midfield or winger to lift them up.

of all person fowler scored the equaliser. he's kinda on form now. knocking in a couple of goals lately.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom