Lightweight flywheel, and how it relates to IACV duty cycle.

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
well, I'm sure some of us has gotten lightweight flywheel and used it, only to find that when braking, the car stalls as the RPM drops below idle.

Some people tried adjusting the idle screw, idling at higher revs, but to no avail.

So what's the trick?

For note to the tuners, it's the IACV duty cycle. Free rev and let it drop.. if you engine dies, increase duty cycle one point at a time. You will notice the revs drops slower each time.

When you get it right, you car will not drop it's revs to the point the engine stalls.

Just thought it might be something of note, since I do notice that some people have this issue with lightweight flywheels.

UKDMEK4

Known Member
Sep 13, 2005
batang kali
i saw my mechanic installed a lighten flywheel (4.1kg+) to a b16.once started, idling was not smooth, rpm drop n engine dead if x keep on revving. the owner ask the mech to adjust what not. the mechanic said, let it be.. it should be ok once u drive around
after a few round circling the area.. the idle came back to normal (when using stock flywheel) : S

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
i saw my mechanic installed a lighten flywheel (4.1kg+) to a b16.once started, idling was not smooth, rpm drop n engine dead if x keep on revving. the owner ask the mech to adjust what not. the mechanic said, let it be.. it should be ok once u drive around
after a few round circling the area.. the idle came back to normal (when using stock flywheel) : S
Heh.. the IACV helps slow down the rev drop, so you can use lightweight flywheels.. it functions like an idle screw, except it does it on the fly while the car is moving

The duty cycle helps prevent the revs from dropping to fast. There is a limit though, as too light the IACV cannot compensate.

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
well, I'm sure some of us has gotten lightweight flywheel and used it, only to find that when braking, the car stalls as the RPM drops below idle.

So what's the trick?
heel & toe will do a great job....ahahaha:biggrin:

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Heel and toe in the housing area kena marah by neighbours loh.. :P

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
Heel and toe in the housing area kena marah by neighbours loh.. :P
thats why u need a Mugen Twin Loop or Spoon Street Type Muffler...:biggrin:

Mie's car need no heel/toe oso kena marah 1....:thefinger::thefinger:

deathzone

Jul 9, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Bro, pinjam ur thread...anybody experiance weird noice after install light weight flywheel?
After i install toda flywheel my car got some weird noice when start up and rev pass 3k also got that weird noice....my mec told me is bcos of the steel flywheel. Is my car normal???

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Swiss watchmaker Tissot celebrates 10 years of being the official timekeeper for the MotoGP championship this year. In conjunction with the occasion, Tissot has also launched a limited edition version of its T-Race line, dubbed the Tissot 2010 T-Race Nicky Hayden Limited Edition...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience