Leaking Engine

altezza8448

Aug 14, 2007
Anybody here faced with the problem with a leaking engine? Car has been parked in the garage for sometime and i noticed that there's oil stain on the ground under the engine. Check the oil level gauge and notice some depletion in the quantity. Any specific area where the leakage can be traced?

altezza8448

Aug 14, 2007
I found the oil leak and it looks like it's from the gearbox area. Anybody encountered this problem before? Could it be due to worn out glue for the transmission oil sump? As for the GXE transmission sump doesn't use a gasket.

Attachments

mokh

Known Member
Oct 18, 2008
Check the gear lever oil seal too.last time i faced the same problem and replaced the oil pan glue 3 times before found out the seal was worn too.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
to pinpoint the problem, put some newspaper under the car engine bay/gearbox and see where the leak originated by seeing the stain occur on the newspaper.

nyantong

Known Member
Jul 26, 2008
If the oil is found around the gearbox, most likely the atf oil pan gasket is leaking. Just replace it.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
If the oil is found around the gearbox, most likely the atf oil pan gasket is leaking. Just replace it.
possibly, but the drain plug could be leaking also. Recommend to use a new crush washer when unplugging the drain plug from the pan. Reused plug could cause leakage...

so, check properly before attempting fixing the problem.

nuriz3K

Apr 21, 2009
Thanks for the input. Will be visiting the workshop soon.
mine also have same problem. turn out to be the gasket-if the name is correct- between the transmission & engine worn out. already replace it and problem solve. cost me about RM130 something for the gasket is self and another Rm100 for the labour cost (i consider it reasonable since need to open the gear box. BTW mine is MT.

altezza8448

Aug 14, 2007
Problem resolved. Just need to replace the glue for the oil pan, apparently the AT doesnt' have a gasket. Got to modify to place a gasket for the oil pan.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

places that sell starters doesnt seem to have instalation included.. can someone help me with how to fix a starter or replacing my old starter into my car? my engine is 4g13p.. Im driving a saga... thank you very much..

if you dunno where to start.. can you guys tell me where is the starter for a saga located.. thank you..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience