knocking sound while mivec kicking.. need help from sifu here

JackWaiKit

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
www.friendster.com
engine oil in max level? wont it will make ur engine fell much more sluggish?!
yes...of coz will be heavy...feel like less power

okuyama,
Tuning won't solve your problem...
coz the moment when they tune with AFC or E-manage (any piggyback),
they will adjust the mechanism part 1st before the tune your ECU...
In the other words, if the setting is already too advance until knocking,
the tuning is only compromise the air to fuel ratio, or simplify as reduce but not solve the knocking...

as nan83 said,
u have to try to reduce ta bit the timing...
If i ain't mistaken, when u retard a bit the ign timing, ur knocking will appear at low rpm...(eg. 3k rpm)...
And now u are to much adv joh!!!
God bless

tigger5251

Known Member
Sep 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Advance timing = lean burn
Retard timing = rich burn

if you retard, rich burn maybe good for low rev n remove knocking, but FC can be hell, performance sluggish.

just use emanage and adjust the airfuel and ignition lor. I adjusted from 14:1 to 13:1, no more knocking and performance even better than 14:1. Sometimes even adjust to 12:1 oso can, need to test run n tune along the way. if u looking reliable n good pricing tuner, pm me. he expert in mitsu engines.

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

okuyama,
the tuning is only compromise the air to fuel ratio, or simplify as reduce but not solve the knocking...

as nan83 said,
u have to try to reduce ta bit the timing...
If i ain't mistaken, when u retard a bit the ign timing, ur knocking will appear at low rpm...(eg. 3k rpm)...
And now u are to much adv joh!!!
God bless
Normally, the timing will be set to factory position, like 11 or 12 degree. Then only tune with piggyback. Rekomen Emanage over SAFC, coz Emanage have wider tunablity. Results better.

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
before fuel price increased, i pump petronas97 and performance good, after price increased, due to no more petronas97 hence i pumped synergyF1 and resulted weak performance, with lots knocking alike sound... no choice but to use vpower... still, under extremely hot sun always hv irritating sound during 3.5k and 4.5krpm... Is it necessary to retune?

Bro okuyama, i also use 1.8 block with mivec piston, ori gasket... i still think this setting is good, nice power for daily use...

catan

Known Member
Jul 2, 2004
Png
Visit site
I need a answer.......
Any one can tell me: how the ecu know when to inject fuel to the chamber ?

A/F Ratio at 12.8~ 13.5 is the best ....

Okuyama 汰

Known Member
Jul 1, 2007
i wil try to retard my ignition timing n check the result 1st...anyway..thankz for all sifu....

catan

Known Member
Jul 2, 2004
Png
Visit site
I need a answer.......
Any one can tell me: how the ecu know when to inject fuel to the chamber ?

A/F Ratio at 12.8~ 13.5 is the best ....
crank angle sensor is doing the job.... it's true???

If the answer is true ....
Then adj the crank angle sensor is not the right way to adjust ur ignition timing...why ?
When ur cam is at stock position and u advance the crank angle sensor, the sensor tell the ecu the valve already open is time to inject fuel. But in real the valve still close and the fuel only spray at the valve, not mix with air and go into the chamber....
May be it just affect at the low rev range... not much affect at the high rev range...
I still wish find out the right answer....:confused:

Last edited:

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh

okuyama,
how is it that tuning wont solve the problem?

from what i understand,by adding fuel,the added vaporized fuel can give the cooling effect in the cylinder right? sifu please elaborate...:confused:

catan

Known Member
Jul 2, 2004
Png
Visit site
how is it that tuning wont solve the problem?

from what i understand,by adding fuel,the added vaporized fuel can give the cooling effect in the cylinder right? sifu please elaborate...:confused:
Maybe it work on the turbo car only...

I had the experience on NA car before.... add to much fuel will decrease the HP only...

darkwizard

Jul 10, 2006
Kaching...
Hi okuyama,

Have you solve the problem already? Can share? I got a friend who convert his Satria GTI hybrid (4G93 + Mivec-RS head) and his settings is using 2 layer of Metal gasket with Mivec Piston. (total around 1mm metal gasket) and so far still running fine except the idling is like up down up down up down (not stable idling).

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all,

just asking on my current Hks Eids that i just installed two days back....

no matter how i adjust the two knobs i still can't get it right, sometimes even worse that it stalls the vehicle after blow off, i'm suspecting something's wrong with my current stock ISC / servo motor, could they be the reason? went to a workshop that day who has access to MUT computer n according to him my stepper motor isn't fully 100% good....

the prob is even during idling, when i step and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience