kancil newbie..

locx

Nov 23, 2005
hi all...

i'm a student driving kancil with stock cassete player and stock speaker (2rear speaker)...

i love music very much and the stock speaker can't provide me decent bass sound..

any suggestion from all sifus2 out there on what should i do first with a budget rm500-600..(yeah its small but im a student remember)..???

im planning to transfer the rear speaker to my front door and install other speaker/woofer?? that can provide me decent bass sound at the back...but i donno whether this is a good idea or not???or should i just change the HU first??im really confuse

and fyi all this are for inside the car pleasure and not for show-off...so thanks in advanced everybody...hope to hear from sifus2 soon...

dev

Known Member
Dec 26, 2003
Pert, Australia
sorry to tell u this bro, 500-600 not enough to do anything.... mayb wit cap 3 ayam can la... suggestion to u, bare wit ur music witout bass 1st... save more money till like 3k 1st... then slowly do up... dun rush, if not u will regret in future... thats all i can tell u :smile:

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
get a hu first...start with 5750..then save some money to buy a decent component cost around 300-500?

locx

Nov 23, 2005
ic..

thanx dev and howiechoo..

ermm...rm3k??is it necessary to spend that much on kancil ICE??

5750 seems nice...do u know how much would it cost to buy this HU and install it..as i dont know to DIY...and where can i get it cheap...any suggestion??

and im planning to transfer the stock speaker to front door and install Prestige 3-way 6x9 speaker or kenwood..how much would this cost??

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
why dont u use the budget for the rear 6x9 and get better front speakers or HU. later just add amp & sub. rear speakers spoil the sound from the front, which is where youre sitting..

3k for kancil nothing what, hehe can show u kancil with 10k stuff (mbquart 3 way in front with 8" in the doors)

locx

Nov 23, 2005
rm3k...

hehe zenn...if got rm3k i want to convert to L5...now just NA 660...switch on air-cond..already feel heavy if driving alone...if 4 people in the car..??haiyaa...hahaha

hmm..yeah..i think i will install rear 6x9 for now..and get 5750 HU...any suggestion for a worthy 6x9 rm300 and below??

3k for kancil nothing what, hehe can show u kancil with 10k stuff (mbquart 3 way in front with 8" in the doors)
wahh..kancil door can fit 8" aa??

Last edited:
C

chilskater

hi,

i spent less than RM1K for my kancil..and it really sound good..

SONY XPLOD 3 ways speaker
-if connect to AMP, the bass is oledi good than OEM speaker
-this is more than enough if dun want to spent so much money

1200watt BSE AMP 4 channel
-extra power for further upgrade(take out my 3way n replace with component speaker)

VDO 136 Siemens HU
- 2nd hand unit with no shock protection..

SPL 12' woofer
-bassy n kaw2 bunyi if connected to AMP..

All items are 2nd hand..

please PM me if u need very2 basic setup with MOHAWK..i'm not a seller but can help u figure out..

Ur options

-buy HU that can play CD
-buy 4 channel AMP (for woofer,component speaker/back speaker)
-woofer 10" is enuff (not to big coz u still have to carry alot of things,rite)
-decent component speaker (RM<RM200)
-wiring n installation..better u do it urself..or ask ur fren of E&E to help u n u oso can learn..

shay

Known Member
Sep 6, 2005
miri
Good suggestion chilskater,
Get the HU first...then get the speaker.

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
Pioneer 5750 1 year ago is 730, I think now should be cheaper or no more in the market already. 1 of the best HU for low to medium budget I will say as it has 3 pre-outs with sub. So you no need to crack head to look for a pre-amp. Unless you are not going to add a sub, if not don't ever ever think to but a 3way 6X9. After you get a sub, then you might have problem with the bass...
Like Chilskater said, you can get a set of 2nd hand first. But this I not that like it, some people just blow the speakers hard and when problem starts to come they sell it.. You can try to DIY also, but not the HU part. It is a bit complicated. Amps, speakers that you can DIY, is much easier all direct wiring. The wires you can buy from electronic shop, its much cheaper.

Last edited:
C

chilskater

kyheng
u r correct,i add a woofer n i had trouble with 3way speaker..it got hiss sound n i powered it from my AMP..but solution is to use the original wiring for ur OEM speaker for 3way speaker..so ur AMP will use woofer and component speaker..

shay,
HU is Very important..takkan nak tukar every 2 years?get a good one..boleh cabut faceplate ka..with skip protection ka AND with preout output..mine dun have so i have to add the converter..quite messy lar..

for a begining just buy a HU and good speaker 1st..manatau it's ur liking instead of fully ICE or more complicated sound setup..

but remember it will consume ur battery lar..regular checkup

locx

Nov 23, 2005
ohh...

thanx sifu2...now i have clearer picture on what im gonna do first...

1st priority is get a good HU first rite??and there's a lot of good review about 5750...so im gonna go for this one...

n now to the second step...im a little bit confuse...for a budget of rm300 and below...what should i do for the second step...after i get the HU...??

go for a sub??compo??or 6x9 should be enough for a start??

yohannes

2,000 RPM
Sep 13, 2004
NZX/Kelana Jaya
bro with RM300 i suggest you should either get a 6.5" comp set and
install it in ur front door panel or get a 6x9 speaker and install it on your rear shelf.

U cant get a sub cos u cant use a subwoofer without an amp....if u wanna get a sub + amp ,
any decent one will definitely set u back more than RM300 lor...anyway , call me if u interested in getting a comp set i can recommend u one for RM280 from Boss Audio.

Its definitely not chap ayam , and the mid bass produced is pretty decent , besides , the sound is clear and most importantly it suits ur budget.

dev

Known Member
Dec 26, 2003
Pert, Australia
yeah agree wit u yohannes... wit 300 get a 6" 4 the door o a 6X9 4 the rear... dun install a 6" at rear if u dun have amp... the sound will sux.... :smile: n if u r planning to install an amp in future wit a sub, then dun change to 6X9 at the rear 1st... if not it will b a waste... better change ur door speakers 1st...

JeFFv6600

Known Member
Oct 1, 2004
get a pair of comp set ... 6x9 will be a waste if u r thinking of getting a sub in da future ...
HU -> comp set -> amp -> sub

locx

Nov 23, 2005
thanx all...

now there's a lot of very interesting suggestion...thanx y'all

yesterday just survey accesory shop nearby...pioneer 5750 = rm648 with installation fees rm10...this is quite reasonable price rite??

about installing amp and sub...i think its not a good idea for me now...as im living in flat area...im worried if my car got smashed and all those thing got stolen...i've read a lot of horror stories here in ZTH...reading those stories makes me feel like want to keep my kancil standard forever with no changes at all..hihi..but im longing to pleasant music experience in car..

ok back to the topic...i still didn't have clear picture on the following question..

1) if i install sub will it consump my bonet storage compartment??

2)if install 6x9 will it need amp to make it sound better??or HU is enough??

3)lets say that i will not upgrade to amp and sub...i can buy lower model than 5750 rite??as the advantage of 5750 is its RCA output that makes future upgrade possible without the need of preamp..am i correct about this??

4)whats the difference between 3way 6x9 and 4way 6x9??

5)how should i actually pronounce 6x9 at the shop as i know it solely by reading...i know this is silly question but i dont want to look stupid at the shop n kene con...haha...is it "enam kali sembilan"???or "six times nine"?? or whatever it is??

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guys,

I'm considering buying one of these cars, my budget is 30-40k.

What are the pros and cons of each?

My bro has the AE101 and it's a really good car for 30k+ but feel like playing vtec hehe

Maybe all the sifus can give some comment to make up my mind?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience