K20A question

^Dreamerz^

1,500 RPM
Jan 16, 2005
KL,AmPang..
Visit site
hi there, all the sifu's out there..
just out of my curiosity, i wanna know whether K20A can be fitted into EK/EG?
JPJ will approve?
How much is K20A non type-r/type-r [DC5/EP3/RSX] halfcut?
any eg/ek in msia did this conversion before??

just sharing my curiosity wif everyone here :_:

EGK20A

Known Member
Mar 31, 2006
hello, i'm a newbie in ZTH. i've been driving around in my EG3 ( B18CR engine + gearbox ) for about 2 years now. i have read a number of posts over at forums overseas about this matter. i'm also interested in doing the conversion to K20A Type R engine / gearbox etc. i hope sifus here can help me in answering my questions :

- I know that this conversion can be done. Problem here, who can do such a conversion? Amoil have done a couple, but it's Fit / Jazz - based, not done on EG chassis.

- Most of the parts required for the conversion ( like engine mounting and driveshafts ) must be sourced from US. What about other stuffs?

- The main prob about K20A into EF / EG / EK / DC is that most probably you cannot fit A/C and P/S. That is a concern to me, since I intend to keep my car as a daily driver, so A/C and P/S must be installed as well.

- If I purchase a DC5R complete front halfcut, I can install everything ( ECU, wiring, fusebox, engine and gearbox ) straight to my EG3, right. As long as I get the engine mounting and driveshaft from US companies, it can be done?

- What about wiring from DC5R ECU to standard EG meter cluster? What should be done here?

- It is said that DC5R uses a returnless fuel system, but I know that EG uses a return fuel system. What is needed to do here?

I have heard that there's some Honda car that have done such a conversion here, was it a CR-X or EG, I don't really know. I hope you guys can help em out here, so I can see whether doing such a conversion is feasible. Yes, I know that it'll costs me a lot of money! What about JPJ approval? I'm willing to pay 2.0 litre road tax, and higher premium for my insurance..

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
Can look for member name crx, he is currently driving ek3 k20A.

civic@938

Known Member
Nov 28, 2005
some picture to make this thread more exiting...

anyway i'm putting K20A also...soon in the future....

semutapi

Known Member
Feb 19, 2005
Standard K20A engine how many Hp?
Are this engine have potential for upgrading?

-e f i n i-

Known Member
Dec 6, 2004
Kuching
Visit site
semutapi said:
Standard K20A engine how many Hp?
Are this engine have potential for upgrading?
K20A from Type-R is 220HP
K20A2 From Type-S is 200HP
K20A3 is 160HP

Yes, I believe the K20A conversion can be done absolutely.
Whoa Honda drivers all switching to more powerful super powerplants. So whos gonna plonk in a C30A or C32B inside civics or accords here next?

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
HanafyEG said:
try contacting the guy nickname crxr in our forum..he's driving an EK k20a inside, jpj approved
But his ca seems like 'incomplete' internal (last time la, now donno). Maybe soem of the parts tak ngam kot!!.

Better ask him direct la. Easier.

EGK20A

Known Member
Mar 31, 2006
Thanks for the info guys. The pictures from Spoon looks like they're using Hasport mounts, and that the car doesn't have power steering or aircond as well...

K20A is Honda's future. Currently, there's a number of parts readily available for K20A, stuffs like cams, pistons etc. The intake manifold seems to be quite good in design already. It is said that although it looks like a normal IM, actually, there's separate ( 4 separate intake mouth bells ) intakes for each piston. The current most favourite ECU mod right now is Hondata's K - Pro, now available at Singapore via a couple of dealers, forgot which one. You have to send your ECU to them, then they'll do the mod, you get your ECU back then dyno test ( while setting the K - Pro ) up. Main problem with DC5R's ECU is the speed cut. SOme US forums are quoting that the speed cut is at 120 mph, close to 200 kph ( unconfirmed ).

I know that if one is interested in going the K20A way, stuffs like engine mounting and exhaust manifold must be oursourced from US ( since currently US shops is leading on these K20A matter ). It's the problem of fitting power steering, air cond, and ECU / wiring that bothers me. Also, the fact that nowadays, it's quite a hassle to get JPJ / Puspakom's approval too. I hope crxr can chime in on his expenses, experience and time required for such a huge undertaking as this.

ace79

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2004
Bro, if u want more info, check http://www.k20a.org Great forum on K20A conversions! About the A/c and P/S problem, if u wanna install 'em, it's best that you purchase a complete front DC5R halfcut ( not EP3 ya, since EP3 uses electrically - assisted power steering and diff gearbox style ), and grab everything that u need from it, then sell the unused parts cheap2 lah!

U need these stuffs from a DC5R halfcut :

- complete engine
- gearbox ( Type R come with LSD, yum2! )
- ECU
- all wiring and harness
- A/C and P/S ancillaries as well
- fuel and coolant piping, up to you lah. but since you're doing such a BIG mod, better go for custom fuel lines and custom coolant piping. it'll costs a lot more, but you can make your engine bay look much cleaner. also recommend an aftermarket fuel regulator, fuel pump and fuel filter too. check this brand out http://www.aeromotiveinc.com A lot of K20A - equipped cars at US run these stuffs! Pricey, but very well engineered.

What I heard is that a complete front DC5R halfcut is at least RM18k above! I'm not sure about this, so you have to ask Honda sifus here about the pricing, and that most prolly you have to pay up a certain deposit and order one straight from Japan, since until now, the demand for a DC5R halfcut is very low.

If you want to do a good job, I recommend you to clean up the wiring in the engine bay and dashboard ( wire tucking is nice lehh...put the wires in the fenders ). Those US boys even put the engine bay's fusebox and battery inside the car, and not in the engine bay!

crxr, join in lah, and tell us about your EK+K20A ( I oso nak tau leh ). U want to do this mod, standby at least RM30k! Oso some extra G's for JPJ lah. You still can get JPJ approval for 2.0 litre conversion, but you need a LOT of money for that! ask cimpeng about it lah.

HanafyEG

500 RPM
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
aja said:
But his ca seems like 'incomplete' internal (last time la, now donno). Maybe soem of the parts tak ngam kot!!.

Better ask him direct la. Easier.
dont know la bro, its my fren's fren..anyway k20a into an ek can be done locally, without hasport..tung chun jb did it..

SePaT

1,000 RPM
Jan 8, 2004
can be done inside EK or EG.. it's just the matter of money coz the mounting itself cost u a bomb!! ... (i heard the hassport mounting cost around 4k-5k and fully imported from state.. ) u can call avantgarde mechanic at ss2 coz they had done such terrific transplanting on EG with K20A dc5 inside..

-e f i n i-

Known Member
Dec 6, 2004
Kuching
Visit site
speaking bout parts for K20A.
K20A 2.35L stroker 90mm bore* x 92mm stroke *any desired bore
from 86 to 90mm available.

K24A 2.6L stroker 90mm bore* x 102mm stroke * any desired bore
from 87mm through 90mm available. (9.0:1 to
13.5:1 comp)
wow, from Crower.

yahh... K20A.org is a really nice forum for K series engine information. i just joined like what seemed a week ago, and its one of the sites that fuelled my interest for K engines. but too bad me no money for honda lah!

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

All arguments big and petty always have two sides to the story. One might say one thing and the other another, it's a tough call for the on-looker to judge which party is actually right. In the corporate world, media statements and creative PR spins replace the name calling and denying that we as individuals so often partake in. Most corporations are, after all, headed by some of the most egoistic, empty...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience