k20a myvi

alanvtec

Sep 4, 2012
perak
haha..i dont think my 1st model myvi worth 50k..it is about 20k++..and yet,now the halfcut for k20a type r not that expensive..for ep3 halfcut abot 18k,but still expensive..huhu..:rofl:

---------- Post added at 12:26 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:23 AM ----------

Sell off the car and get a stock Civic EK or ES, it is easier to convert into K20A from there as many have done that, check it out at mudah.my
yeah thats the alternative way..but es still expensive mehh..:hmmmm:

---------- Post added at 12:29 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:26 AM ----------

I seriously don't think its worth the money and effort to do it. I think K20A is rather expensive.

How about TC your Myvi instead?
i've ask a workshop at jalan semarak about the conversion..they ask 18k for an civic ep3 halfcut,and addition of 6k for workmanship & other tools..yet,they estimated for 3-4month to do the crazy conversion..aiyo:hmmmm:

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:29 AM ----------

Its not worth the money bro..
go for Daihatsu YRV ! its worth the money and there's a video in youtube (Nissan 370z vs Perodua kenari with a YRV engine)

guess what ? YRV wins and it may be as powerfull as a Lancer Evo if you know how to mod it !

Those engines are cheap- ask your foreman about this engine for more info..:burnout:
surveyed on yrv..but it is turbo rite?i prefer an engine with vriable valve..NA..

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

not worth it la.. sell of the myvi and get a EG or EK (preferably as EG kinda too old d though still my fave car)
before this i use sh4 b16a for my daily drive car,,and my wife ask me to sell that car..:bawling:
yeah to me honda civic ef,eg and ek are the best car laa..

---------- Post added at 12:35 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:34 AM ----------

If not just get a CR-Z and transplant K20A :biggrin:
hahaa..that car is a "chick magnet car"..liaaoo :rofl:

---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:35 AM ----------

theres a myvi somewhere in sarawak running with 4G93T...this would be cheaper.

but yeah.. for the FD2R K20A the halfcut is pretty expensive...havent included installation n custom fabrication yet. im pretty sure its possible if money is not an issue

but seriously... ur driving the WRONG CAR for this kinda things la... myvi seriously wasnt meant to be any form of performance machine.
fd2r halfcut too expensive la..i think ep3 and dc5 halfcut are much more cheaper than that..i've ask a workshop about the cost..

i'm agree with u..the handling will be like hell if i put k20a in it..

---------- Post added at 12:44 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:40 AM ----------

How do I like this more than once? :biggrin:

That 4G93T in a Myvi is not road worthy la. They had to cut the firewall to fit the damn engine. Stupid but damn innovative mod. More stupid though.
yeah..the foreman must be a very "rajin" person la..:rofl:

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

Lol.. I also once tot to put a B16A into my ex Myvi too.. :rofl:
haha..if u do it,it will be a noisy n most powerful NA myvi..:rofl:

---------- Post added at 12:47 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:45 AM ----------

putting it in is 1 problem..

getting it through puspakom is another problem..

then, maintaining it is a big problem..

(don't even mention about the handling)

Gudluck :burnout:
i'm sure the puspakom,jpj will not let it pass..haha..so dont take it to them..just use it illegally..:rofl:

---------- Post added at 12:48 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:47 AM ----------

After all that, is it worth to transplant? :)
try first..then only will know..:rofl::hmmmm:

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:48 AM ----------

fast on straight. Cornering? habis...

should be fast for a myvi with 220hp 2L engine on straight..cornering...a stock saga can win la..haha

---------- Post added at 12:52 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:50 AM ----------

Is just a suicide Idea or to be straight. Is indeed a silly idea...
suicide and silly idea..:rofl:

Civic Type R

Known Member
Jun 6, 2011
Sarawak
forum.myviclub.com
haha..if u do it,it will be a noisy n most powerful NA myvi..:rofl:

Lol.. Nah,instead of mod it,i sell it off and get an EG later,which i drive until now.. :proud:

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
I think it's suicidal. Not a good idea.

Either keep the Myvi and TC it or sell of the Myvi and get an ES.

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
nothing is impossible.....money talks all....

u can fit in 4A-Ge or 4A-Gze from Ae92 series...FF drivetrain....cheaper than K series engine...

and its not slow....4A-Ge u can BOT, Gze u can up the supercharged boost

Civic Type R

Known Member
Jun 6, 2011
Sarawak
forum.myviclub.com
How about use the k3vet as the base and mod from there. Should be powerful enough
nothing is impossible.....money talks all....

u can fit in 4A-Ge or 4A-Gze from Ae92 series...FF drivetrain....cheaper than K series engine...

and its not slow....4A-Ge u can BOT, Gze u can up the supercharged boost
The thread starter wanted a NA engine,so turbo engine not his choice.. :biggrin:

surveyed on yrv..but it is turbo rite?i prefer an engine with vriable valve..NA..

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Its not worth the money bro..
go for Daihatsu YRV ! its worth the money and there's a video in youtube (Nissan 370z vs Perodua kenari with a YRV engine)

guess what ? YRV wins and it may be as powerfull as a Lancer Evo if you know how to mod it !

Those engines are cheap- ask your foreman about this engine for more info..:burnout:
Eh Hadi...
YRV as powerful as Lancer Evo? Is it from personal experience?
Already bought your car ke? Or still trolling around?

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Hmm... Interesting project... I wonder will the choice of engine be a poll...

Personally, I will go YRV as first choice, and then 4AGE Blacktop as second choice...

It's a perodua. So if you stick to daihatsu or toyota stuff, i think parts compatibility problems can be minimised in the future. Plus, the blacktop is not weak you know... For myvi's chassis, I think enough already.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
i love to play with those modded car...i will bring them to corner roads....see how dare they can floor the throttle pedal....
Eh Hadi...
YRV as powerful as Lancer Evo? Is it from personal experience?
Already bought your car ke? Or still trolling around?
Haha... I reply like that because...

Our bro Hadi here is funny... he asked about cleaning washing engine in detailing forum. Every give some opinion and some lessons. Last last, his reply was "Now that at least I know what to do when I have a car". Ngaisat :banghead:

Last edited:

clement

500 RPM
Oct 15, 2005
Civic Ek or EG to fit in with all the conversion parts (proper R&D conversion kits/parts by US/JPN)
Plus handling improvement with cost you min 40K.

Rojak without R&D will cost you more than that if you're talking bout MYVI chassis.
If money no issue and life is not that expensive... why not!

alanvtec

Sep 4, 2012
perak
How about use the k3vet as the base and mod from there. Should be powerful enough
yrv is a turbo engine..the only choice left is k3ve2 from toyota duet..

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

anyone can suggest any other NA + variable valve engine that possible to fit in myvi?other than k20a,b16a,4age,k3ve2..

do anyone have any idea what the foremen will do on myvi engine bay if i want to swap these type of engines?:confused:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

I own a wira and plan to refurbish my car back. Do you know where I can do it and roughly how much? I just wanna change the seat's kain (re-balut) and find matching carpets. Do you think its possible to do that?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience