k20a myvi

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Civic Type R

Known Member
Jun 6, 2011
Sarawak
forum.myviclub.com
How about use the k3vet as the base and mod from there. Should be powerful enough
nothing is impossible.....money talks all....

u can fit in 4A-Ge or 4A-Gze from Ae92 series...FF drivetrain....cheaper than K series engine...

and its not slow....4A-Ge u can BOT, Gze u can up the supercharged boost
The thread starter wanted a NA engine,so turbo engine not his choice.. :biggrin:

surveyed on yrv..but it is turbo rite?i prefer an engine with vriable valve..NA..

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Its not worth the money bro..
go for Daihatsu YRV ! its worth the money and there's a video in youtube (Nissan 370z vs Perodua kenari with a YRV engine)

guess what ? YRV wins and it may be as powerfull as a Lancer Evo if you know how to mod it !

Those engines are cheap- ask your foreman about this engine for more info..:burnout:
Eh Hadi...
YRV as powerful as Lancer Evo? Is it from personal experience?
Already bought your car ke? Or still trolling around?

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Hmm... Interesting project... I wonder will the choice of engine be a poll...

Personally, I will go YRV as first choice, and then 4AGE Blacktop as second choice...

It's a perodua. So if you stick to daihatsu or toyota stuff, i think parts compatibility problems can be minimised in the future. Plus, the blacktop is not weak you know... For myvi's chassis, I think enough already.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
i love to play with those modded car...i will bring them to corner roads....see how dare they can floor the throttle pedal....
Eh Hadi...
Haha... I reply like that because...

Our bro Hadi here is funny... he asked about cleaning washing engine in detailing forum. Every give some opinion and some lessons. Last last, his reply was "Now that at least I know what to do when I have a car". Ngaisat :banghead:

Last edited:

clement

500 RPM
Oct 15, 2005
Civic Ek or EG to fit in with all the conversion parts (proper R&D conversion kits/parts by US/JPN)
Plus handling improvement with cost you min 40K.

Rojak without R&D will cost you more than that if you're talking bout MYVI chassis.
If money no issue and life is not that expensive... why not!

alanvtec

Sep 4, 2012
perak
How about use the k3vet as the base and mod from there. Should be powerful enough
yrv is a turbo engine..the only choice left is k3ve2 from toyota duet..

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

anyone can suggest any other NA + variable valve engine that possible to fit in myvi?other than k20a,b16a,4age,k3ve2..

do anyone have any idea what the foremen will do on myvi engine bay if i want to swap these type of engines?:confused:

vspec

Rookie
Oct 9, 2005
Tehran
Eh Hadi...
if things like that better sell off my evo and drive yrv instead :banghead:

Jac83

Known Member
Apr 29, 2007
Yrv myvi is no match for any sportcars out there when it comes to cornering. That's for sure. Want to bet? Bring it on and be prepared to tow it back with a tow truck.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
if not prepare flat bed truck better :rofl:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
if things like that better sell off my evo and drive yrv instead :banghead:
Everyone just buy Myvi and Masuk YRV...no need buy sports car liao :rofl:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
YRV is a fun to drive city car. Powerful and agile. But that cannot compete with proper sports cars. It is possible, but one must have a huge a mount of money to dump into the car.

Actually guys, my friend tested his YRV against a scooby STI and honestly, the YRV win. But not in cornering. Only in short burst acceleration. Because the YRV has a small fast spool turbo, it makes a big difference in real world city drive. However, I strongly disagree that the YRV can compare with proper sports cars in overall terms of acceleration and handling. That is blaspheme.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
no need yrv la...my kapcai also can tapau supercars...especially when they stuck in traffic jam :rofl:

vspec

Rookie
Oct 9, 2005
Tehran
YRV is a fun to drive city car. Powerful and agile. But that cannot compete with proper sports cars. It is possible, but one must have a huge a mount of money to dump into the car.

Actually guys, my friend tested his YRV against a scooby STI and honestly, the YRV win. But not in cornering. Only in short burst acceleration. Because the YRV has a small fast spool turbo, it makes a big difference in real world city drive. However, I strongly disagree that the YRV can compare with proper sports cars in overall terms of acceleration and handling. That is blaspheme.
of course the yrv win due to power to weight plus 2wd :rofl:

those converted car can be said fast on straight.....some even can faster than ori sports car

but overall performance and driveability, go for original sports car.
well said there mate :shakehands:

v1ctorong

Known Member
Nov 25, 2005
i think its not fair to compare myvi modded engine with sport car which easily cost > RM120k (2nd hand) thanks to our gomen. Its like comparing a scooby, evo to GTI.

Personally driving YRV Kelisa, so what all the sifu comments are right. I can said that only the pick up can match those bigger cc car and no way the small little car can match with sport car during high speed, cornering. Not to mention bout safety, comfortably.

Also, compact car will have deadly challenges - engine space, which limit future modification.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Since HIDs are not really street legal, I have got a problem with my headlight low beam beams (not bright enough) and HIDs are out of the discussion. Have any one tried changing PIAA bulbs / Phillip bulbs?
Any recommendation ? I would prefer PIAA northern star white (4400k) but isit bright enough?
Any one tried it or even xtreme vision 100% or sylvania ultra? I am really lost cos of so many brand and reviews.
Please help , thanks. Currently still using my standard bulbs. Any thing that I...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience