JIC vs HKS vs Tein vs Buddyclub

TonyChopper

Known Member
May 30, 2005
Johor Bahru
Yoww..
Im gonna upgrade my suspension to full adjustables (hi lo soft hard)
So can u guys tell me waddya think bout these brands?
Share with me the pros and cons or ur ride experience (comfort lvl, pek corner blabla)

I heard JIC is abit too hard but very steady pom pi pi..
As for HKS hipermax heard its all good but there's a bit noise at the rear after some time...
Tein HA/RA?.. err..
Buddyclub?

Anyway... just give me some advice for me to make the best selection out of these 4..

THX yo

TonyChopper

Known Member
May 30, 2005
Johor Bahru
haha actually I got great offers for all 4... very hard to choose...
I dun mind hard... just dun want something bouncey...
So u r using JIC i guess.. how was it? what the spring rate u set for it

lightningfield

2,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
Johor Bahru
www.ef-honda.com
naaa tony im using GAB for my EF. but been on an EK with B18CR with JIC adjustables. Very much impressed with the performance and rebound rate. Bouncy? ermmm GAB is bouncy!! hehe. but not JIC. Hey how about titan? i might want to get 1 set later on. fully customized to your desired spec.

u in jb tony? which part? my family is in tmn perling. im in kuantan heheh

TonyChopper

Known Member
May 30, 2005
Johor Bahru
me in Majidee...
Not getting Titan... they are great but I have to go to KL to get them tuned, service blabla.. too troublesome..
I heard the non japan GAB is bouncy... and not really reliable.. but when I took my friends wira for a ride... I find it quite ok... Not as bad as what I've been told..
Mmm JIC looks sweet.. and I get alot of good feedbacks bout how good it handles...
Im using Apexi N1 and I like them... but too bad when I got them from a chopshop they only got 1 pair front = . =... Im using Mugen for the rear but I think they're too soft...
HAHA.. anyway thx for yo feedbacks and hopefully when u back in JB to visit yo family... we can meet up to yum cha .. ^^

SaDeLlIx

Known Member
Dec 4, 2005
chasis & engine weight have to be consider with the spring rate.... experienced evo 2 JIC on satria mivec 1.3 chasis.... very bouncy normal driving... but then very stable at high speed conering(SIC).. manyak shiook oooo.....

J101

1,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2005
malaysia
out of those 4, ive only tried TEIN. i cannot comment or give my opinion based on other ppl's car or based on what ive heard. you can only evaluate this if you have the same car, setup and application to be able to comment personally. street and track differs bigtime.

if u read the latest HYPERTUNE, hopefully TEIN will open a service centre in Malaysia soon. If they do, TEIN would be the best option to take. i would rather think the best to have a suspension setup with warranty and still able to get the best after service after warranty void for long term use.

have a good weekend.

ace79

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2004
J101 said:
out of those 4, ive only tried TEIN. i cannot comment or give my opinion based on other ppl's car or based on what ive heard. you can only evaluate this if you have the same car, setup and application to be able to comment personally. street and track differs bigtime.

if u read the latest HYPERTUNE, hopefully TEIN will open a service centre in Malaysia soon. If they do, TEIN would be the best option to take. i would rather think the best to have a suspension setup with warranty and still able to get the best after service after warranty void for long term use.

have a good weekend.
yeah, that was stated in latest issue of Hypertune. They're going to offer localised suspension packages, mostly for local cars, i.e Proton, Melaka - made Hondas etc. the top level ones would still come direct from Japan. most probably if you upgrade to Tein, you will get the grip and pek corner ability, but in terms of comfort for daily use, you'll lose some lah. when u drive over rutted roads ( plenty in KL ), you'll feel like the suspension doesn't have enough stroke, and over roads that's the pavement is not level etc, you'll get the same feeling as well. but when it comes to pek, sure ok one. Many ppl swear by Tein HA's ( my pals here at Subang, KL, Johor and over the causeway at SG use 'em ) for the pek corner ability. Come June, if what they report in Hypertune is correct, we no longer have to drive to SG to get our Tein's serviced, N1 should be an approved, official Tein service centre, that' s another plus point of you get the Teins. But Titan isn't bad too. One minor prob I've heard about Titan is the main man, Richard ( if I'm not wrong ), can be quite moody sometimes, especially when he's busy machining stuffs. Price is not bad, circa RM 2800 for EG / EK applications. I've heard plenty of good words from Titaned cars, only major prob is that you have to go back a few times to get the desired feel for the suspension settings. Owner can adjust high - low, but for the damping, must go back to Titan lah, whereas, for Tein, you yourself can turn the knobs to your own taste, if got EDFC, wah, simply park your car beside the road, reset the damping properties, then drive out and start pek-king corners! The rest of the brands, will be a bit leceh when it comes to servicing lah.

amdfaisal

4,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Bawah jembatan
using TEIN flex... nice man... but you lose some comfort la... drove a stock perdana V6 and compared to my ride... hard la my ride compared to this perdana... no wonder frens complained hahaha...

otherwise... can the EDFC setting be done while the car is moving? well you can actually because i did it once or twice but i suppose there will be some iff-effects... does anybody know what are the ill-effects? tried to search on the net... could not find la